British tourist dead after fall in front of Sweetheart Go-Go in Pattaya

webfact

There is no way this is suicide.

No way a TG pushed him over.

Very possible an LB pushed him.

Sleepwalking drunk is most likely though.

Police will be checking the CCTV (they love that), they should know if the girl or LB left straight after or maybe hours before and that will give the answer.

Cheers for the informed analysis

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

"No valuables found" also strikes me as odd. 

Yeah, no valuables.  Exactly how did he check in to that place, by smiling?  No cash anywhere to be seen?  Wasn't this the gogo that busted that old foreigner a few weeks ago who was upstairs  in a room with a laday?

34 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

There is no way this is suicide.

No way a TG pushed him over.

Very possible an LB pushed him.

Sleepwalking drunk is most likely though.

Police will be checking the CCTV (they love that), they should know if the girl or LB left straight after or maybe hours before and that will give the answer.

No way a TG pushed him over?  You are kidding!  Thai bargirls can swing a left hook better than most of the Thai men any day.

9 hours ago, Boycie said:

Happened at 4am this morning Thai time. Full name and age printed by TV. No mention of the British Embassy being informed and name  of deceased being withheld until relatives are contacted!!

Hope more detailed information is released very soon by the police, so that relatives don't have to read what might have happened by all the TV detectives.

RIP young man.

British embassy the worst bunch of diplomats it has ever been my misfortune to interact with.

10 hours ago, colinneil said:

If no valuables were found, and he was naked, sounds more like he was pushed.

Young man comes here for a holiday, and will go home in a body bag, tragic.

Too young to die, R.I.P. young man.

Another suicide ?

11 hours ago, darksidedog said:

R.I.P.  Too young to meet such an end. The only thing about this that concerns me, apart from how he died, is that the story says NO valuables were found in his room.

Surely he must have had a wallet, a phone, a passport, camera? What happened to all of it? That none of these were found, to me suggests possible foul play.

Also when did go go bars turn into hotels, the rooms above are for screwing, just another farang taking flying lessons in Pattaya.

myself being an ex pilot I really do wonder why none of these students graduate.

46 minutes ago, Boycie said:

British press state that passers-by saw him leap naked from the third floor window at the 590baht a night Guesthouse.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/naked-british-tourist-31-dies-10226608

And where did the Mirror get their "facts" from?  Tabloid papers are hardly the most reliable at the best of times but when they rely on outside sources then..

I am not sure why an alternate view is upsetting -

If people are so terribly surprised that a farang did not have 'valuables' when found, there are other people - many Thais like me -  who do question if in fact the farang did have any valuables to begin with. My country is a low-cost destination & attracts lots of tight-budget travelers or as we Thais sometimes say 'Cheap Charlies'. When raising questions about 'valuables found' why is the alternate view that there may in fact have not been any valuables to begin with considered offensive ?

Also, why is it considered unusual to be naked in ones room ? This was a rented room above a well known sex shop in a seedy part of town. I know many who would be naked in the privacy of their rented room. Quite normal. So why is this alternate view offensive ?

At 4 a.m. after a late night out the possibility of alcohol & possibly other substances cannot be ruled out until a post-mortem is complete. So why is it offensive to suggest that we do not know reasons why the man fell ?

SparklingCascades.......An alternative view is not upsetting if written in respectful and considered way.

What can be upsetting is when people like yourself feel the necessity to add moronic smiley faces to make those views ......but of course you know that already which is why your post was removed as a "troll post" :)

11 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

SparklingCascades.......An alternative view is not upsetting if written in respectful and considered way.

What can be upsetting is when people like yourself feel the necessity to add moronic smiley faces to make those views ......but of course you know that already which is why your post was removed as a "troll post" :)

Yes, home truths can be painful esp in pictures. But don't really know what ur talking about. Goodbye :) :) :)

British press state that passers-by saw him leap naked from the third floor window at the 590baht a night Guesthouse.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/naked-british-tourist-31-dies-10226608

It also claims Pattaya is a crime ridden city, which it isn't so i wouldn't believe he jumped just yet. Police are on the case with CCTV so should find out if anyone else was up there.

Flame and response removed.

Keep it civil please.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

57 minutes ago, swissie said:

It never ceases to amaze me.

A Farang falls off a balcony. Wow ! A weekly occurance, but still drawing way over 100 replies within a short time. Every time.

True. Any balcony dive creates a major stir throughout the vast CSI: TVF network. It spreads like a virulent STD from the local Pattaya dicks to the vast population of off-brand wannabes free to post worldwide from their bars, rented rooms, council estates, trailer parks, 7/11 curbstones, school lunchrooms, internet cafes, park benches, basements, retirement homes, mental asylums, etc. So the thread quickly degenerates into a kind of Ninoy Aquino International Airport of bashfests. Given the powerful convergence of balcony dive and Thai police investigation, a particularly virulent group will need to weigh in: the paranoids afflicted with Tic-Related Police Conspiracy OCD (TRPCOCD). Maybe even a few doomsayers to utter their prophecies of a farang Exodus and THE END. Oh, yes. The true perp--a Thai woman or ladyboy--will never be caught or if caught will never do time! Etc. etc.

3 hours ago, SparklingCascades said:

I am not sure why an alternate view is upsetting -

If people are so terribly surprised that a farang did not have 'valuables' when found, there are other people - many Thais like me -  who do question if in fact the farang did have any valuables to begin with. My country is a low-cost destination & attracts lots of tight-budget travelers or as we Thais sometimes say 'Cheap Charlies'. When raising questions about 'valuables found' why is the alternate view that there may in fact have not been any valuables to begin with considered offensive ?

Also, why is it considered unusual to be naked in ones room ? This was a rented room above a well known sex shop in a seedy part of town. I know many who would be naked in the privacy of their rented room. Quite normal. So why is this alternate view offensive ?

At 4 a.m. after a late night out the possibility of alcohol & possibly other substances cannot be ruled out until a post-mortem is complete. So why is it offensive to suggest that we do not know reasons why the man fell ?

In fact it may be likely some sort of drug use mixed with too much booze precipitated the fall. Whenever Brits, Indians and Arabs are involved ladyboys cannot be rules out either.

16 hours ago, Boycie said:

Happened at 4am this morning Thai time. Full name and age printed by TV. No mention of the British Embassy being informed and name  of deceased being withheld until relatives are contacted!!

Hope more detailed information is released very soon by the police, so that relatives don't have to read what might have happened by all the TV detectives.

RIP young man.

Easter holidays for many staff?

Sad for the guy...

12 hours ago, wump said:

I'm pretty sure the owner is reading this topic and could check his CCTV to diffuse some of the conspiracies involving bodybuilder ladyboys.. geez.

I'll bet london to a brick on that the CCTV will have not been working at the time.

26 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Easter holidays for many staff?

Sad for the guy...

yeah .... embassy closed so no one is contactable.

If the folks see TV first they will be shocked. They will be angry at the police but it's not the police fault ...  whoever or whatever was involved was at holiday time and tuesday would have got better results for police to contact the embassy.

sad.RIP

7 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Yeah, no valuables.  Exactly how did he check in to that place, by smiling?  No cash anywhere to be seen?  Wasn't this the gogo that busted that old foreigner a few weeks ago who was upstairs  in a room with a laday?

No, that was a different place, got busted for operating short time rooms on the premises. Here, it looks like these rooms are not on the premises of the bar (in spite of being directly above), there's a separate staircase entrance alongside the bar and it looks to be run as a separate business. These rooms are used frequently by both girls and LBs who do a brisk trade right outside there after closing....  "I have room... '

No wish to cast aspersions on the deceased in any event, there's no conclusive evidence provided of anything here. I really wish the press would show a bit more respect and refrain from publishing people's full details in cases like this. 

surely they will quickly find his " real hotel room" as the hotel  will have completed the correct paperwork to advise immigration that he is staying there (TM 30)...........if no passport /wallet etc found in room ...how do they know his name ??

The police released an image of him from his passport and stated his name. 

The CID TVF detective in me says this was his hotel room. Google 'guesthouse walking street Pattaya', first one that comes up is https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/walking-street-guest-house.en-gb.html

Looks very nice for 590baht a night and get's great reviews, if your 31years of age and wants to party.

RIP

10 hours ago, ableguy said:

Also when did go go bars turn into hotels, the rooms above are for screwing, just another farang taking flying lessons in Pattaya.

myself being an ex pilot I really do wonder why none of these students graduate.

But of course you know already that the 7/11 pilots only wanted to learn how to take off ?

23 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I think the "no valuables" implies a short time, by the hour, room. Technically the bar rents rooms daily so far as the police are concerned. Odd thing is, many people pay the 300 for a day and leave after an hour.

police conclusion is it was suicide anyone can see that a 31 year old checks into a guest house with no money and no valubles and strips himself naked and jumps from the window so easy to write up in police report 

Archived