British tourist dead after fall in front of Sweetheart Go-Go in Pattaya

webfact

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I think the "no valuables" implies a short time, by the hour, room. Technically the bar rents rooms daily so far as the police are concerned. Odd thing is, many people pay the 300 for a day and leave after an hour.

And how would u know that Sherlock?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This hotel does short time stays. A customer spilt my drink over me in Baby Dolls once. I went and had a shower and washed the whiskey off my shirt there. It was easier than walking home. One of the girls from the bar that knows me well came along. No extra services, I just took a 2 minute shower while she washed my shirt, but what did the guest house know?

33 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

But that would assume that he was quite happy to be standing on the balcony, stark naked, in full view of anyone who looked upwards.

Given where he was, I would assume he was not alone, but that person obviously wasn't there when the police came calling.

It's the no valuables that keeps coming back to me. Even if staying somewhere else, he should have had a wallet or some cash.

Maybe he fell out while looking for the bathroom, drunk and in the dark and his companion paid herself and left.

Quite possible a lot of accidents happen because people are drunk, good guess the guy was drunk. 

1 hour ago, BruceMangosteen said:

Very astute observation. Another tragic story of farang in critical condition being taken to Pattaya Memorial. There must have been a change in policy there. RIP young man, way to early to go and hopefully his family will be notified in a more dignified manner than reading on here he was naked outside a brothel.  

Well, it is a fact that he was all naked and in a brothel, some might call it the brothel capital of the world. Such a young age to end your life. 

2 hours ago, dabhand said:

Per the OP, happened at 4am. Would the Go-Go be open at that time?

Nope. Hence no rock 'n' roll soundtrack, which I'd have wanted, but really irrelevant in this context. RIP.

2 hours ago, ajarngreg said:

OMG, RIP, poor guy. Memorial isn't the best hospital in town.

But it's closest. Gimme that, don't try for Bumrungrad.

Looking at the picture, giving CPR, after such a fall with eventually broken bones,  inner bleeding, broken ribs, etc? 

Yeah, might as well while waiting for the ambulance. Maybe keep the heart & lungs going.

The stairway to arr heaven? Looks loke a ladyboy bar to me.....

Sweet heart.jpg

No. Great bar, friendly owner, except there's no showing, last I looked.

perhaps if no valuable is found it was for sure a short stay with a beautiful by the hour partner and what about if there was not enough cash for paying than if young guy is under the influence either drug or booze than it became easier to push him for a dive..

Thailand could be rough at time.

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

hmmm ..... really strange ,  but definitely looks like foul play ...

surely being above a girl bar he was with a thai girl  ?

who was she  ?

bar workers should know ?

was he drunk ?  did she take his credit card ?  

sure is a mystery

Bar girls aren't in the business of pushing people off of balconeys. 

From minimum information, I'd put suicide bottom of the list. Why? The guy was 31 years old, and sharing the first night of Songkran with other revellers, in the most liberal street in Pattaya. At 4 am he fell naked 10-15 metres from the balcony above a Go-go bar. 

Either he was with company before the fall, or he was alone and too drunk (I'm assuming  that to be likely) to know what he was doing. If alone, he'd probably pass out on his bed fully clothed as opposed to staggering around the room and opening the balcony while naked. Not impossible ,but less likely.

No valuables (not even money or a wristwatch or mobile), but likely his passport was in the room, hence his name and age being reported, leads me to suspect he had a companion with him of either gender. I think that's the most likely scenario, but whether it was a deliberate push or misadventure would be difficult to determine even if CCTV revealed a companion entering/leaving the hotel. 

This theory holds up even if he was staying over a longer period (had to have valuables in the room) or if he was staying elsewhere and left his valuables there, why use the room above the Go-go? For a liasion, is the most likely scenario.  

I do hope the police locate the CCTV, or like other misfortunate farang deaths they weren't working. Result: Accident. Case closed.

On 4/14/2017 at 10:57 AM, webfact said:

Tourists ran in terror

Terror ? A naked man falling from the sky.

a towel was found to give him some modesty

rooms there were rented out on a daily basis

Probably an hourly basis.

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

R.I.P.  Too young to meet such an end. The only thing about this that concerns me, apart from how he died, is that the story says NO valuables were found in his room.

Surely he must have had a wallet, a phone, a passport, camera? What happened to all of it? That none of these were found, to me suggests possible foul play.

maybe it was a short time room thats why no valuables were found in the room ? RIP

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

Ive seen this place advertised online…the owner appears to be scandinavian and he has a thread for it on a bingo players sex forum.

Im sure he probably has an arrangement with sweethearts for ST clients. Just saying I don't think it is a "love motel" that only rents by the hour.

"Bimbo Players Sex Forum? can you explain, please? 

I've stayed there before and it is a proper guest house with 24 hour security, so guests should be registered. It is quite possible that he was alone, having a cig and just leaned over a bit too much. This wouldn't be the first time this happened in that area.

I dare anyone to go out sober at say even 12 am and see how blind drunk many people are these days with Songkran and all that. Not saying he was, but I find pushing or suicide a bit far fetched, especially at 4 am on the third biggest party day of the year.

Archived