Really had enough of Win 10.

giddyup

7 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

Windows could do without all those tings no one uses .Just Internet n social media seems all it's used for. Look in any Office ,it's running its chosen spreadsheet,etc..I like Apple cause I don't want to know anything,just hit n go for dummies.The downside of not using Bills System is one cant join in Windows Bashing over a Beer.emoji342.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

And the same effect is true with Linux, except you can then afford about 100 beers as you haven't spent ridiculous amounts of money on overpriced hardware. :)

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, oldcarguy said:

What do you have to change to make the computer boot from a USB stick with Linux ?

And is there a way to back-up all your Windows 10 settings automatically before a new Windows update which might screw up your computer ?

as they said in the Army , never volunteer , and thats what I think about automatic windows 10 upgrades , wait and see if the upgrade has problems before letting it install...

Change the boot sequence so that USB is first in line.

Set up a restore point before completing any updates.

Was never any need to "volunteer" in the armed forces - the NCO in charge would say: "You, you and you are volunteers."

SORRY couldn't make it any easier haha  Simple dump Windoze altogether and try something else, it's not the only thing out there!  My choice (as above) is Ubuntu, with Gnome desktop.  Look it up on the net.  I am even looking at buying a phone with it instead of Android...

Good luck with that. Ubunto are giving up with their phone project.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, RigPig said:

There are  3 men dressed in black at my door demanding my Windoze 10 computer.........

:annoyed:

:cheesy:

I hope you all have a sense of humor.......

Shouldn't drink and type. Lol

1 hour ago, JaseTheBass said:

Good luck with that. Ubunto are giving up with their phone project.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

It seems the Miezu Pro 5 is the only product available at the moment.....

As stated I have W10, have an icon on screen says W10 update assistant, clicked on it...YEEEH, you have not got the latest, we can install with no probs to your PC.....OK, get on with it...Took near 3 hours....Was left with my desk top feeerked up and no internet....:sad:

Lucky I had a wifi toggle to try and sort stuff....Internet back, restore system don't work because of blah blah blah which l ain't got a clue what they are talking about...

All my personal visual stuff l spent hours setting up for my bad eyes is feeeeeerked...

I am not a happy bunny............

16 minutes ago, transam said:

As stated I have W10, have an icon on screen says W10 update assistant, clicked on it...YEEEH, you have not got the latest, we can install with no probs to your PC.....OK, get on with it...Took near 3 hours....Was left with my desk top feeerked up and no internet....:sad:

Lucky I had a wifi toggle to try and sort stuff....Internet back, restore system don't work because of blah blah blah which l ain't got a clue what they are talking about...

All my personal visual stuff l spent hours setting up for my bad eyes is feeeeeerked...

The System Restore is after such an upgrade.update off. All you need to do is to create a System Restore Point.

Or you go back to the earlier one and start over. Go to update and recovery- then "Go back to the Previous Version". ( Just in case if some things don't work and you can't get them work!!!)

To create a System Restore Point you need to only need to type "System Restore next to the Windows sign. Then you'll see System Restore Point- click on configure and turn it on- give it about 10 % space- then create a System restore Point that you are able to go back.

Haven't you got the Macrium System back up and restore on your machine? i don't really remember. Let me know if it's not working.

Restore_001.png

Edited by ajarngreg

3 minutes ago, ajarngreg said:

The System Restore is after such an upgrade.update off. All you need to do is to create a System Restore Point.

Or you go back to the earlier one and start over. Go to update and recovery- then "Go back to the Previous Version". ( Just in case if some things don't work and you can't get them work!!!)

To create a System Restore Point you need to only need to type "System Restore next to the Windows sign. Then you'll see System Restore Point- click on configure and turn it on- give it about 10 % space- then create a System restore Point that you are able to go back.

Haven't you got the Macrium System back up and restore on your machine? i don't really remember. Let me know if it's not working.

I did the system restore 3 times, failed, came back with PERHAPS your security stuff blocked it...I deleted all my security stuff cos l can reinstall...Same message....

I have it working now but must spend tomorrow fooling around so l can read stuff...

6 minutes ago, transam said:

I did the system restore 3 times, failed, came back with PERHAPS your security stuff blocked it...I deleted all my security stuff cos l can reinstall...Same message....

I have it working now but must spend tomorrow fooling around so l can read stuff...

If you can't get it work, just go back to your previous system. Don't delete all. 

Go back_001.png

Edited by ajarngreg

13 minutes ago, transam said:

Am doing nothing today, even a leg on my leather swing chair broke off....grrrrrr.

Just relax and sleep over it. At least you're online now. 

Trans, the System Restore that you did can't get you back to your previous build. It's only working when you've created a new System restore Point and then only when all AV is switched off.

Just stop doing anything and start over tomorrow. Do you get your LAN connection now? I mean only with the wire from your router? Or are you still connected wireless? 

If the LAN connection isn't working, let me know, please. 

Edited by ajarngreg

3 minutes ago, ajarngreg said:

Please be aware that OP had the same issue before. i don't think it's Windows upgrade related. 

The Op's original post says:

I had XP and then Win 7 for years without any problems. Win 10 was already installed on the new Lenovo I bought 6 months ago, and it's been nothing but trouble. The main thing I use it for is to keep in touch with people via email and now that's a problem, because I can't attach anything. Other than that, movie and TV downloads and that's about it. If I could go back to Win 7 I would.

The problems started with Win 10 ,he couldn't access emails properly, or attach pictures in his Gmail account.  I have had similar problems with my one and only Windows (10) computer with my Gmail account also.  The ONLY thing that seems to rectify it (temporarily) is restarting the computer

On 4/17/2017 at 6:57 PM, abab said:

Who is ridiculous enough to use a mail program in 2017 ? Any webmail as Gmail is 100000% better and can be used from anywhere.

I will never understand people who complain about their own stupidity.

If you read the whole thread, you would be aware that the OP's fundamental issue is his gmail is not working properly; unable to send usable attachments.

23 hours ago, abab said:

You are right, 12 PCs with windows 10 here since the launch, and never had a single problem. My 70 years old Mom neither.

Funny people who accuse anything else but themselves...

Pull your head in laughing boy. These forums are for people with problems and limited abilities seeking assistance, not for mommy's boys twittering away about how awesome they are.

On 4/16/2017 at 7:32 AM, Rob13 said:

Win10's a waste of time for what you get in return for your efforts.

It's the major updates I dread. The Anniversary Update was a nightmare on 2 of my machines... now we're facing the new Creators Update. I make sure I have full image backups of all my machines before I update so I can quickly get my system operational again if something goes wrong... and there's always something going wrong with Windows 10.

1 hour ago, transam said:

And to think that just a few posts ago, you were lauding their products.

Welcome to the club (again).

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

If you read the whole thread, you would be aware that the OP's fundamental issue is his gmail is not working properly; unable to send usable attachments.

Pull your head in laughing boy. These forums are for people with problems and limited abilities seeking assistance, not for mommy's boys twittering away about how awesome they are.

I am ONLY using the web mail!!!

50 minutes ago, transam said:

Does that mean you uninstalled the IOBit nonsense?

If yes, you are truly making progress.

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

And to think that just a few posts ago, you were lauding their products.

Welcome to the club (again).

I only use ONE product, and to be honest PC stuff is too complicated for me as one wrong click can cost.

In this/my case it was their problem that for sure should not happen..

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Does that mean you uninstalled the IOBit nonsense?

If yes, you are truly making progress.

IOBit nonsense? I've been using their Advanced System Care, Uninstaller, Driver Booster and Smart Defrag on 4 machines for 3 years and don't have any trouble with them. I actually like the programs. Malwarebytes has recently started flagging IOBit programs as "PUP".

2 minutes ago, tropo said:

IOBit nonsense? I've been using their Advanced System Care, Uninstaller, Driver Booster and Smart Defrag on 4 machines for 3 years and don't have any trouble with them. I actually like the programs. Malwarebytes has recently started flagging IOBit programs as "PUP".

IOBit, is that CCleaner?  if so I have used it for years also, with good results...

What really gets me is all of the different things people are doing (myself included) to keep these Win machines running in some sort of safe efficient manner.  I would have thought that was MS's purpose, when selling their OS.

You HAVE to become conversant in order to use the things....

Just now, RigPig said:

IOBit, is that CCleaner?  if so I have used it for years also, with good results...

No, IOBit is the company that produces the software I mentioned above, plus IOBit Malware Fighter, which I don't use.

CCleaner is a great program IMO. It's a Piriform product.

2 minutes ago, tropo said:

No, IOBit is the company that produces the software I mentioned above, plus IOBit Malware Fighter, which I don't use.

CCleaner is a great program IMO. It's a Piriform product.

OK thanks, I am losing track of this thread, it's gone on too long.  I may have to opt out soon.

My opinion is Win 10 sux overall and I don't think I can be convinced otherwise...