Really had enough of Win 10.

giddyup

3 minutes ago, tropo said:

No, IOBit is the company that produces the software I mentioned above, plus IOBit Malware Fighter, which I don't use.

CCleaner is a great program IMO. It's a Piriform product.

Yep, I use all that plus superantispyware to fish out "embedded" cookies...

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, transam said:

As stated I have W10, have an icon on screen says W10 update assistant, clicked on it...YEEEH, you have not got the latest, we can install with no probs to your PC.....OK, get on with it...Took near 3 hours....Was left with my desk top feeerked up and no internet....:sad:

Lucky I had a wifi toggle to try and sort stuff....Internet back, restore system don't work because of blah blah blah which l ain't got a clue what they are talking about...

All my personal visual stuff l spent hours setting up for my bad eyes is feeeeeerked...

I am not a happy bunny............

You could always try singing to the screen......

Just now, RigPig said:

A wise move, but you shouldn't have to.  I NEVER have problems like this with my Ubuntu machines.....

Bit of fun, download SAS and let me know what it finds on a FULL scan, takes 5 minutes..

3 minutes ago, transam said:

I pay for the Advanced System Care Pro and I use the free version of all the other programs. I've had a lot of trouble with Windows 10, but none of it was related to my IOBit products.

4 minutes ago, RigPig said:

OK thanks, I am losing track of this thread, it's gone on too long.  I may have to opt out soon.

My opinion is Win 10 sux overall and I don't think I can be convinced otherwise...

Agreed. It's like Christianity, Islam and the atheists in a minority.

3 hours ago, bazza73 said:

You could always try singing to the screen......

As far as I know did his last screen shatter listening to his "lovely" voice. Splash...

La, la la, la, la.......:stoner:

Edited by ajarngreg

3 hours ago, transam said:

It's more user friendly than TVF upgrade...........facepalm.gif.f024dfd38d3619afc610dcf624d2c299.gif

My wife is thinking that a ghost was involved. Do you know a good monk in your neighborhood? If not, I let one fly in from a neighboring province with his Lear jet.

All you've got to do is to make sure that we can land in front of your house. 

3 hours ago, RigPig said:

TVF upgrade?

Tinfoil Virus Fixer upgrade? It could be that the Smileys have rapidly reproduced and use your CPU as their nest now. 

BTW, did the OP's problem get solved? :passifier:

Edited by ajarngreg

3 hours ago, tropo said:

I pay for the Advanced System Care Pro and I use the free version of all the other programs. I've had a lot of trouble with Windows 10, but none of it was related to my IOBit products.

I'm using the new paid version of "Advanced System Care Ultimate 10"  a good friend gave me for Christmas.

The 10 version has plenty of good tools. PC Transfer, for example let's you copy all your items on your desktop to another drive. In case of a fresh install, you can get all back as it was before. The System Information gives you all needed info about all your programs, your OS, your memory, etc..

It seems to do almost all tasks and once the face starts looking angry it's time for a scan and all, including registry cleaning will be done.    

It could solve the OP's problem, but it seems that he doesn't participate anymore. 

ASC I.png

ASC II.png

ASC III.png

ASC IV.png

ASC V.png

Edited by ajarngreg

19 minutes ago, ajarngreg said:

I'm using the new paid version of "Advanced System Care Ultimate 10"  a good friend gave me for Christmas.

The 10 version has plenty of good tools. PC Transfer, for example let's you copy all your items on your desktop to another drive. In case of a fresh install, you can get all back as it was before. The System Information gives you all needed info about all your programs, your OS, your memory, etc..

It seems to do almost all tasks and once the face starts looking angry it's time for a scan and all, including registry cleaning will be done.    

It could solve the OP's problem, but it seems that he doesn't participate anymore. 

ASC I.png

ASC II.png

ASC III.png

ASC IV.png

ASC V.png

But you had to spend more money to make it work OK and get some form of safety for your data and personal info, sorry but this should NOT be necessary, if the system is robust and secure.....

21 minutes ago, RigPig said:

But you had to spend more money to make it work OK and get some form of safety for your data and personal info, sorry but this should NOT be necessary, if the system is robust and secure.....

I've got it for free and there's no reason to say no, don't you agree?

It does many tasks and even kids can use it. If something's wrong the face on the icon shows a sad face. One click and you can me it happy, choose that the OPC shuts down right after the cleanup and it alright.

I know that you're against Windows and you're trying all to make it look really bad, but here's something you might not know about the 1703 upgrade.Please have a look at the new troubleshooting page. It starts with "Get up and running  printer, Bluetooth connection, Internet Connection, Playing Audio, and Update to Find and Fix a problem Blue Screen ( was a huge problem with the last big update), Bluetooth, Hardware and Devices, Homegroup, Incoming Connections, Keyboard Problems, Power, Program Compatibility Troubleshooter, Recording Audio, Search and Indexing, Shared Folders, Speech ( adjustable for NNES people) Video Playback and Windows Store Application Troubleshooting.

Why can't you just agree with people who want to use more features that your system has to offer, especially when it's free. 

Can we just live in peace and I agree with you that your sytem is the wotld's best one, but W 10 with the 1703 might be almost as good as yours, or maybe even much better?

All I want is to live in peace and I'm okay whatever other people are running on their PC's. Why would you buy an expensive PC just to use some basic stuff your system has to offer?

Just because of an Antivirus system that might be needed? It's okay when people are against pollution, but if they''re also throwing their trash away and don't recycle anything, it doesn't make any sense. 

And guess what? It's all on only one page. If that's not a win win situation, then I'm willing to eat my shoe. 

The new troubleshooting easy W 10 1703.png

Edited by ajarngreg

7 hours ago, RigPig said:

What really gets me is all of the different things people are doing (myself included) to keep these Win machines running in some sort of safe efficient manner.  I would have thought that was MS's purpose, when selling their OS.

You HAVE to become conversant in order to use the things....

all the things you are doing is falling for the hype - you need this you need that, when any of my friends have problems and ask me to look at it............................the first thing I do is uninstall all the S H I T E they thought they needed and didn't, oh someone said this was good so I put it on...............for what ???????

There is a big sell out there that people keep falling for - for no rational reason and end up with a complete nightmare, don't try to fix what doesn't need fixing..................keep the mouse pointer away from that "OK" button when you are being pressured to install some crap you don't need, also when you go looking for things avoid anything that ends in .exe unless you are 100% what it is and even that can be difficult to determine because there are so many bogus sites out there

3 hours ago, ajarngreg said:

ASC I.png

ASC II.png

ASC III.png

ASC IV.png

ASC V.png

windows 10 has all this stuff under the hood, you seriously don't need any of it

2 hours ago, ajarngreg said:

I've got it for free and there's no reason to say no, don't you agree?

just because it was free ? 

do you really need any of it ?

Honestly, all you are doing is clogging up you system with promises that amount to nothing because you already had them with your OS

I clone my SSD (OS) now and again, what do I use ?..............................win10 built in utility that works flawlessly

I actually think some antivirus programs let on they picked something up just to make it look like they are doing something for the money you paid them.

and one last thing for all those that feel the need to install stuff that you rarely need, check very carefully all the little tick boxes as you proceed because they will want you to install more useless stuff.

And stay away from anything "cloud"   they want your data - once you start using .................... your data and private files are not yours anymore

7 hours ago, transam said:

lol - cookies are not under your control because if you want to use certain sites/programs on the web it is a condition that you must allow cookies ............................... which in turn allows everything you do on the WWW to be tracked  by the likes of Facebook and Google

Cookies are "enemy number one" in terms of privacy, if you want to use facebook you have no choice

People on TVF use id's that they think are private ................. think again, all of your various accounts and activity on the net are linked and available to each other via the "cookie" and other means, when you view or click that posted FB video or link on TVF (and other sites) your identity is exposed and cross referenced in many different ways 

Nothing is private on the net unless you totally disable cookies .......................... if you do you won't be able to access anything, I will predict that the ability to disable cookies completely will fade away - suddenly after some update you will no longer have the option

6 hours ago, ajarngreg said:

I see where a sexy GUI gets people to buy utilities that are already in the o/s albeit poorly packaged and/or presented but to be honest, there's absolutely bugger all that IOBit utilities can do that hasn't been done before (or still being done) by other vendors of less flashy software.

But if you feel the need for a smiley face to tell you that your machine is OK while at the same time telling you you qualify as a 'VIP' for their paid products, then go ahead, knock yourself out.

11 hours ago, tropo said:

It's the major updates I dread. The Anniversary Update was a nightmare on 2 of my machines... now we're facing the new Creators Update. I make sure I have full image backups of all my machines before I update so I can quickly get my system operational again if something goes wrong... and there's always something going wrong with Windows 10.

Why do you keep it?

3 hours ago, smedly said:

just because it was free ? 

do you really need any of it ?

Honestly, all you are doing is clogging up you system with promises that amount to nothing because you already had them with your OS

I clone my SSD (OS) now and again, what do I use ?..............................win10 built in utility that works flawlessly

I actually think some antivirus programs let on they picked something up just to make it look like they are doing something for the money you paid them.

Yes in the early days it was rumored that the viruses came frome the anti-virus software makers to justify their existance and of course make money...