Police to clear Sukhumvit right lane April 18-19

Rimmer

Police to clear Sukhumvit right lane April 18-19

1237-NEWS6-PIC1.jpg

PATTAYA:--Police are asking motorists using Sukhumvit Road April 18-19 to reserve one lane for emergency vehicles.

“Please drive with generosity and make way for ambulance in case of emergency,” an April 7 statement from Pattaya police said.

Authorities want the right lane on the busy thoroughfare free between North Road and Sawangfa Phritharam Temple for ambulances, fire trucks and police cars on April 18 and 19, the two “wan lai” water-splashing festival days for Naklua and Pattaya, respectively.

Police also asked that if motorists see an emergency vehicle, they pull to side to let it through

Read more:http://www.pattayamail.com/news/police-clear-sukhumvit-right-lane-april-18-19-170639

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-04-15

Good idea in some ways but some relief from the gridlock provided by opening the formerly closed lanes will be lost and now it'll REALLY be bad.

Gridlock and Medical Emergencies

Bad timing, pal. Bad. Well, maybe you'll make it. Or maybe later we'll hear our commentards snigger that you should have known better, RIP.

I was transported to emergency via ambulance last night. Sukumwit was a mess, a Thai said "Thailand does not have good heart" as cars refused to clear the road for an ambulance with sirens and flashing lights.

ThaiBob, 2015-05-04 17:11:19

Good luck!

Edited by JSixpack

2 hours ago, onemorechang said:

Wont happen unless cops line the complete sukhumvet

Hey they got 600 extra ones doing bugger all,  

could be great fun for the kids :thumbsup:

Sorry to say the average Thai Driver is way to selfish

to let this happen on His road.

The average Thai Driver certainly lets it happen when a Royal convoy passes. So yes the police can do it if they really want to. But I'm with you in doubting they'll really want to. I mean, the no. of emergency vehicles will be so small compared to the thousands in gridlock. So, we'll see (if we get any report; I won't be out there!)

17 hours ago, joepattaya1961 said:

EIGHTTEEN and NINETEEN?? 

2 more days of frustrated luncatics on the road........time to polish my Walter P5 waterpistol

Yeah, it just drags on and on and on . . . .

Hey got an idea.

What about the Foreign Police Volunteers, helping out

by lining the Sukhumvet road , stopping naughty driver or riders

blocking the emergency lane.

I could be well  interested in venturing out on them days.

Just  in the interest of to keeping  up cultural traditions and all.  :giggle:

Happy Songkrain :thumbsup:

Edited by onemorechang

On 4/15/2017 at 10:42 AM, JSixpack said:

Good idea in some ways but some relief from the gridlock provided by opening the formerly closed lanes will be lost and now it'll REALLY be bad.

Gridlock and Medical Emergencies

Bad timing, pal. Bad. Well, maybe you'll make it. Or maybe later we'll hear our commentards snigger that you should have known better, RIP.

I was transported to emergency via ambulance last night. Sukumwit was a mess, a Thai said "Thailand does not have good heart" as cars refused to clear the road for an ambulance with sirens and flashing lights.

ThaiBob, 2015-05-04 17:11:19

Good luck!

And many years ago, a senior Thai man in my company responded to this comment with: 'why should I move aside, I don't know if the person in the ambulance has a good heart or comes from a good family'.

His several Thai colleagues at the same meeting were horrified by his comment. One quickly commented that he would move aside quickly for an ambulance etc., because 'it's the right thing to do', and because he well realized one day he might he hoping others would move aside so that someone in his family to get quick medical care. Several other Thais quick said 'I agree'.

Meanwhile the company had given the first guy months of extra paid days off and quite some financial assistance (for air fares and doctors consultations and treatments in several countries) to help him explore other possible medical care for his gravely ill infant son.

Edited by scorecard