Pool underwater lights wiring

carlyai

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chaichara said:

The response you  would probably  get  from  the suppliers is something  like:

"We  supply  these as a service. If you  want  us to  import  certified  units, you'll  complain about  the price. If you  don't  like  the ones we offer, go  to  your  local  electric store and buy  them your  self".

And I  would add: better still, get  your  lights installed by  a certified electrician. That;'s probably  what  the pool  equipment  manufacturers expect  anyway. It  says (usually)  in  their documemntation something  like 'This equipment  should only  be installed by  a pool  professional  or qualified electrician'.

I've yet to meet either here.

1 hour ago, Chaichara said:

I  saw a DIY  job recently  where a farang wired his expensive new LED pool  lights near my  house in Krabi directly  to  220V. Nearly  40,000 baht  down the drain!

If in doubt, read the instructions. 

53 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Inside Carls pump house.

inside Naam's Florida pumphouse. nearly all of it done by myself (i'm a certified bumhouse eggsburt) and a little help from a neighbour (Chief Engineer local FPL power plant) who also signed off for the building authority.

411-240.jpg

1 hour ago, carlyai said:

So, Carl, what's your next pool topic to be?
"Where do all these pipes go?"

20170606_081800.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Are your pool pumps installed in the living room, or do you have a 300 sqm pump house?

20 minutes ago, sappersrest said:
1 hour ago, grollies said:

So, Carl, what's your next pool topic to be?

Automatic chemical dosing ?????

if you need incentives to beat up your wife, mistreat your pets, insult your neighbour and feel like a sucker² whenever you enter your pumphouse then spend 150,000 Baht and install this beauty:

Bayrol.jpg

3 hours ago, Naam said:

if you need incentives to beat up your wife, mistreat your pets, insult your neighbour and feel like a sucker² whenever you enter your pumphouse then spend 150,000 Baht and install this beauty:

Bayrol.jpg

.....or you could go for the 150 baht option....

IMG20170606134206.jpg

5 hours ago, Naam said:

inside Naam's Florida pumphouse. nearly all of it done by myself (i'm a certified bumhouse eggsburt) and a little help from a neighbour (Chief Engineer local FPL power plant) who also signed off for the building authority.

411-240.jpg

So, when will the next batch of Lager be ready?

Archived