Songkran in Jomtien on the 20th?

Guderian

1 hour ago, reenatinnakor said:

So Pattaya Songkran 19th falls on a Wednesday which is cheap cinema ticket day, so I have to navigate a way to Central without getting wet! Could go late in the evening I guess.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Authorities have been telling everyone that the water throwing must finish at 8pm on the 19th.

And everything I have read says Jomtiens big day is now the 20th.

1 hour ago, Lovethailandelite said:

People see Na Jomtien as beginning at Pattaya Tai. It has followed the exact same pattern for the years and years that I have lived in that area.

No, they don't. Nor has it followed "that pattern." The fake news arises here because you don't actually know where Na Jomtien, and by extension, Jomtien, are.

Langsuan Man, 4/25/2014:

If you want to go by the "Welcome" signs, Na Jomtien starts right after the Pattaya Floating Market when Sukumvit narrows down to 4 lanes and ends at Na Chom Thain 56 (.74 kilometers South of the Nong Nooch entrance)

Discussion here:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/721195-the-mysterious-na-jomtien/

And there's

--https://www.pattayaunlimited.com/na-jomtien-beach/

The only thing that's "been that way" are false rumors and rumor mongering misleading members about Songkran in Jomtien on the 20th. In 2015, Brit_Doggie heard it from "Thai friends." wump noted that the . . . programme of Inspire Magazine on Pattaya Channel. That's where these two guys said about songkran "On Saturday it's in Naklua, on Sunday it's in Pattaya and on Monday it's in Jomtien". Inspire Magazine!

In fact after the false rumors and confusion arising from them, posters living in Jomtien reported it was indeed over on the 20th:

Jingthing, 4/20/2015 at 4:04 PM:

Anyway, in Jomtien Jomtien it is OVER in every sense of the term, official and otherwise.

And over not only in Jomtien, but in the real Na Jomtien:

balo, 4/20/2015 at 4:14 PM:

No I live near NaJomtien , its quite and no songkran anymore. It's OVER !

A bit of splashing was observed on Suk south of Mimosa, that was it. And as usual Songkran did move to Bang Saray on the 20th.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/818694-songkran-in-jomtien/

Edited by JSixpack

12 minutes ago, vogie said:

Anyone know what its like at immigration in Jomptian today (tuesday) 

I predict that immigration is ok today,  they are nice girls and boys there, all very helpful.

I also I predict a large amount of people.

that  may well stretch out into the car park.

maybe ok for seating inside,   if wives / G/f B/f stay at home.

Edited by onemorechang

Authorities have been telling everyone that the water throwing must finish at 8pm on the 19th.

It doesn't matter what you've read this year as by the 20th everyone will have buggered off to play Songkran in Bang Saray area. If Songkran continues in Jomtien on the 20th then that is something I won't have experienced in the past 25 years, in my case.

32 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Can I ask where you have read this ?? I live in Jomtien and have seen 427 signs saying closed 19th for songkran. 

25 minutes ago, onemorechang said:

I predict that immigration is ok today,  they are nice girls and boys there, all very helpful.

I also I predict a large amount of people.

that  may well stretch out into the car park.

maybe ok for seating inside,   if wives / G/f B/f stay at home.

I also predict that if there is a queue across the parking lot, it will be very, very hot in the morning and it will rain like a sumbitch in the afternoon.

2 hours ago, reenatinnakor said:

So Pattaya Songkran 19th falls on a Wednesday which is cheap cinema ticket day, so I have to navigate a way to Central without getting wet! Could go late in the evening I guess.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I doubt going later will save you a soaking.
As for Jomtien I have always understood that their day was the day after Pattaya which would make it the 20th. That said I either leave or stay home so have never been down there to confirm my belief.

24 minutes ago, Geordie59 said:

I doubt going later will save you a soaking.
As for Jomtien I have always understood that their day was the day after Pattaya which would make it the 20th. That said I either leave or stay home so have never been down there to confirm my belief.

Jomtien has always been the 19th for the several years I've lived here and goes well into the night. The next day -- NOTHING. 

Edited by Jingthing

There is a big sign on Sukhumvit road heading towards the floating market saying Songkran celebrations till the 20th I'll try to get a photo later. Tomorrow the 19th will be total chaos in Pattaya.

Yes, that's as you are heading out of Jomtien John. Doesn't matter what the sign says, Jomtien Beach will be dry as always on the 20th....If not I'll be riding down there on the 20th wearing my pink mankini...

This one heading into Pattaya near to where Jomtien second road joins Sukhumvit.
1492573764548.jpg.cf9d8ecbcef5acbbf17f50bc563736bb.jpg

Ok got you John. I still wouldn't be bothered about the dates on this sign as there has been nothing said on Thai news regarding this extra day that has never, ever been added before. I still think they are including the dates for Bang Saray etc, even though it doesn't specifically say that.

On 4/18/2017 at 0:39 PM, TaaSaparot said:

It didn't. There was water throwing on Thepprasit Road after 9 pm and all the way along Sukhumvit Road to Pattaya Klang. I even encountered water throwing on Soi Boonsampan, on the Dark Side, after 11 pm.