PM Prayut is happy with improved economic situation

webfact

And with eviction Street food in Bangkok, he forces the poor to eat expensive food.......

There's still plenty of street food available in Bangkok (Bangkok is more than a few sois). Or are you talking about Silom? Yep, millions of poor people living in Silom :rolleyes: The only people negatively affected are the vendors themselves and they had countless opportunties to scale back and stay between the designated lines on the pavement. They didn't comply with regulations for years so tough. -_- .

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Spending during the 5 day songkran period up 12-14 percent.

Where did he get that figure from? Thin air?

up 12-14% is a standard number Thai government uses.  Tourists numbers go up 12-14% every year without fail as well

Hilarious! Hilarious! Hilarious!Thank you thaivisa....made me start my Monday morning in all giggles  and laughter.   As far as I know, the finishing of the Songkran Holidays beckons a lot of people realising that they cannot return to their jobs and are now unemployed as many small businesses, SMEs, ect have simply shut down their operations and just the long Songkran break to simply close up. I personally know two factories in Chonburi and one large factory in Samut Prakarn that is close as the owners decided to simply run away to Vietnam. (Two Auto-parts manufacturers and one a plastic product manufacturer). Then also I know of 3 shops at Central Embassy that are not renewing their leases this May and another 2 at Central world and 2 at Mega Bangna. Most of the staff are not even aware of what the owners are contemplating. I know of 4 hotels in Bangkok are that up for sale as the owners are simply wanting to cut their loses and clear their debts with the banks.

47 minutes ago, SABloke said:

There's still plenty of street food available in Bangkok (Bangkok is more than a few sois). Or are you talking about Silom? Yep, millions of poor people living in Silom :rolleyes: The only people negatively affected are the vendors themselves and they had countless opportunties to scale back and stay between the designated lines on the pavement. They didn't comply with regulations for years so tough. -_- .

Im sure the people will make the money back by saving on antibiotics! 

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

He got them from the increased household debt figures.

The truth is hard to find with Prayut , instead of pulling figures out of thin air maybe it would be better to have outside interests take care of the financial fortunes of Thailand in public releases ,  something like the reputable world bank, at least they'd be able to tell if the figures are rubbery or correct..................................

29 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

When I read the heading I thought beloved leader was talking about his own finances.... the rest of the article baffled me as most people on the street think the economy sucks!

Quite so, a lot of people are hurting ,  the economy does suck.

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Like Dr Martin Luther King, the PM "had a dream", and 12-14% was the figure in the dream...

2 hours ago, binjalin said:

Who cares what you wish?  the Thai people wish for elections and freedom of speech and no doubt you come from a country which takes those for granted. Hypocrite. 

With my conversations with Thais,the wish for elections is never mentioned and they say what they want.

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha is doing a good job, he is working hard to continue to bring Thailand into economic sustainability.  The China-Thai rail project is to go ahead, roads, energy and infrastructure development is happening.

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha is #1   .......:jap:

Your way out sarcasm cracks me up, keep it up.

1 hour ago, Canceraid said:

Hilarious! Hilarious! Hilarious!Thank you thaivisa....made me start my Monday morning in all giggles  and laughter.   As far as I know, the finishing of the Songkran Holidays beckons a lot of people realising that they cannot return to their jobs and are now unemployed as many small businesses, SMEs, ect have simply shut down their operations and just the long Songkran break to simply close up. I personally know two factories in Chonburi and one large factory in Samut Prakarn that is close as the owners decided to simply run away to Vietnam. (Two Auto-parts manufacturers and one a plastic product manufacturer). Then also I know of 3 shops at Central Embassy that are not renewing their leases this May and another 2 at Central world and 2 at Mega Bangna. Most of the staff are not even aware of what the owners are contemplating. I know of 4 hotels in Bangkok are that up for sale as the owners are simply wanting to cut their loses and clear their debts with the banks.

I don't know where Thaivisa is getting their information.  I believe in your information more.  It coincides with what the people who work daily are saying.  People are having a hard time.   Thai medias are being controlled.  We rarely hear anything bad about the military government.   

2 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

Rates poorly in your eyes perhaps, not in everyone's however. As for democracy: it's very over rated and certainly not suitable for every country, even some well established western countries.

I can only agree with you.

The way Thailand was going, a coup stopped the slide to possible civil unrest at least, civil war maybe.

Democracy, in my eyes, has degenerated to voting every 4-5 years.

While politico's hand in hand with big capital do exactly what they want to do.

In my view only referenda, as in Switserland, are the only way democracy might work.

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

you mean all the cash reserves that were absconded by the previous two pm's and now one criminal is in exile. Educated I am sir, a fool i am not. :) 

I agree wholeheartedly.

But, the utmost sign of being a fool is claiming to be educated.

Edited by hansnl

1 hour ago, hansnl said:

I can only agree with you.

The way Thailand was going, a coup stopped the slide to possible civil unrest at least, civil war maybe.

Democracy, in my eyes, has degenerated to voting every 4-5 years.

While politico's hand in hand with big capital do exactly what they want to do.

In my view only referenda, as in Switserland, are the only way democracy might work.

But I rather agree with Sir Winston Churchill oft quoted remark: 'Democracy is the worst form of government, except for everything else'. Referenda? No thanks after Brexit - a disaster for the UK and Europe but I don't expect much agreement on this particular forum, for sure.

Parliamentary democracy decided by free and fair elections is the real will of the people - nothing else is acceptable no matter how much posters on here like to think otherwise and if it's ok with Sir Winston it's ok with me, thank you very much.

21 minutes ago, aslimversgwm said:

And US public debt 19 trillion dollars and rising - but heh! Who gives a .....!

I wrote about that over on usvisa.com and the board members there been discussing it for years. That thread is now 3,561,483 pages long. :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

For all the cheerleaders. The reality is that the government spend about 70% of their budget in Bkk and surrounding provinces. The economic growth is thus limited to these areas. Leaving the rest of the country in recession. Look at the millitary intake this year and the number of volunteers. When the economy is doing well the army struggle to get volunteers. They even went so far a few years back to allow look khrungs to join. This year they have had hundreds of thousand of volunteers. FDI's are down about 70% since the coup. The education, justice and police systems have not been reformed as promised. There is no transparency in awarding contracts. They are on the point of rubber stamping thousands of patents without investigating the impact on the cost of medicine. They have passed a number of laws limiting the freedom of the press and speech. They bulldozed through a coal fired plant in Krabi although the people protested against it, arresting those who disagreed with them. They have put civilians on trail in military courts without having proper legal representation and no right of appeal. Yet you find people on TV that support them, I find it amazing. Amazing because it shows too which level the intellect of the some westerner have fallen. It is further amazing that some take for granted freedoms in our home countries but deny the same for the Thai's. How many of these cheerleaders will be cheering on their home country governments to implement the same laws and put civilians on trail in military courts ? The coup has put the country in a dead end and the only way out is going backwards, the longer the junta is in power the longer it will take the country to backtrack to get out of the mess they created. No junta ever anywhere have been able to run a country in a civilized way, they always use force, yet some ignore this historical fact and support the junta. Amazing farangs.

Well stated sir. Truly amazing farangs on tv who have absolutely no empathy with or even association with the ordinary 'man in the street' Thais,  especially in northern Thailand or Isaan areas; whilst they inhabit their gated Moo Baans, probably driving around in Beemers or Mercs, or some-such, located in BKK, Pattaya or maybe even Phuket.

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Come on colin you know where he got it? He pulled it from his bleep. You know where the sun don't shine. 

Songkran a New Years celebration?. Reading the PM's comments its all a numbers game. I get a used copy of the Financial section of that great unmentionable newspaper and its just full of positive comments nary a negative note to be found. They talk like their numbers are even better than China's and there is a set of numbers like 6.8% growth I definitely do not believe. 

The guy and his junta belong in the movie business. He has more imagination than Walt Disney!

A "  happiness poll  " has rated Thailand highly in terms of happiness. What kind of crap was that thought up by. 

Will he publish a corruption poll, a road accident poll, an educational standards poll, a reliability study on court verdicts or justice poll, ???,

Nope, I think not.No need, everybody is happy!!  .......:spam1:

4 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

How do they know spending has increased by 12-14%? The same way they know what the unemployed levels are without having to ask everyone in the country, by modelling.

Look at hotel occupancy rates in selected hotels and compare to the previous Songkran numbers; look at tourist arrivals for the period and ditto; and so on and so on.

But but the PM declared victory