How do you get things delivered efficiently in Thailand.

AndyOz

@AndyOz soooo, when is the stuff due to arrive?

Do give us the lowdown on how wrong it all went :smile:

Actually, I've always found HomePro pretty good on the delivery front, I think they have some sort of database because after the first time they've never had to call us when they got lost.

[mention=245476]AndyOz[/mention] soooo, when is the stuff due to arrive?

Do give us the lowdown on how wrong it all went :smile:

Actually, I've always found HomePro pretty good on the delivery front, I think they have some sort of database because after the first time they've never had to call us when they got lost.

We are not due to get our furniture until next Wednesday, so it is still fingers crossed. I am not over worried as in my experience things always seem to happen in Thailand. Rarely as I expect, but they happen.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

21 hours ago, CharlieH said:

If you are building a home you can go see the poo yai bahn and choose your own number !! and thats the problem.

Unlike the Uk (for example)where odd is one side and even the otherside and sequential.

Unbelievable but true.My missus just took the last 2 numbers off the car plate,82.Posties nightmare.But he knows my name now and hand delivers.

I don't know how, but when I order food on line it always seems to arrive.  I was given the house address in Thai when I rented the property, and it seems to work when I paste it into the forms.  There's no logic to the street numbering, and my neighbor accidentally used the wrong house number when he set up his True account, so I was asked to use his house number instead, but somehow stuff arrives OK.

I think the guys on the delivery bikes just ask the local motorsai riders for the house, and they find me somehow.

Don't get stressed up - if I was back home I'd just get a 'failed delivery notice' and have to go and pick it up myself, but I've found the delivery people in Thailand make an effort to find the right place.

For me it used to work very well with "down to the beach, at the 7-eleven corner" (bei talay bei seven) – unfortunately 7-eleven has expanded too much...:annoyed:

No, the hand-drawn map with simple location marks is the way to get the stuff delivered, and as Charlie H said, a phone-number and call when they are close, and meet the delivery truck – that method works fine for me also, and I get little free exercise walking to the main-road...:thumbsup:

And by the way, HomePro is excellent with perfect deliveries where I live...:smile:

Thanks to all for your contributions. The warm fuzzy feeling I didn't have is returning due to your input.

I will update the thread with what happens next Wednesday.

Thanks again to all.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

On 17/04/2017 at 8:52 AM, colinneil said:

The numbering not sequential.

Try living here next door 164, opposite side 119, we are 219, how the hell they worked that out is beyond me.

Your plot was the 219th to have been registered.

Thai addressing system - Wikipedia

"Thai muban (หมู่บ้าน) correspond only loosely to actual settlements, which may well have separate names, but these are not used for addresses. They are divided into groups mu (หมู่), often transliterated moo or abbreviated "M", which are divided into numbered plots (บ้านเลขที่ ban lek ti), which may (or may not) contain multiple houses. All numbers are assigned in the order they were originally registered, and generally do not follow any geographical or logical sequence."

One minutes research.

20 hours ago, Enoon said:

Your plot was the 219th to have been registered.

Thai addressing system - Wikipedia

"Thai muban (หมู่บ้าน) correspond only loosely to actual settlements, which may well have separate names, but these are not used for addresses. They are divided into groups mu (หมู่), often transliterated moo or abbreviated "M", which are divided into numbered plots (บ้านเลขที่ ban lek ti), which may (or may not) contain multiple houses. All numbers are assigned in the order they were originally registered, and generally do not follow any geographical or logical sequence."

One minutes research.

And often /n is used, to have enough plot-numbers, but plot number 219/1 may not be near to plot 219/2, or /3 or...

–talk from experience, where my main-number, I live in /5, is spread over the whole "moo" with numerous /n's...:huh:

However, if you have the house-number only, for example 219/1, you can go to the local post office, Postman Pat will be called, and for 100-baht (probably still) he will hand-draw a map, so you can find the house – also talk from experience...:thumbsup:

:smile:

Delivery update, Wednesday 26th @ 13:00. Last night had a phone call from Home Pro letting us know that they were were going to deliver today and send a different team on Thursday to assemble the furniture. Again this morning another phone call to confirm delivery within the next hour. The delivery driver managed to get within 100 meters of our house before he called us again and I went out to meet him. All the furniture purchased arrived and is now waiting for assembly tomorrow.

Great service from Home Pro. Thanks again to all that responded to this thread.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

On 17/04/2017 at 2:52 PM, colinneil said:

The numbering not sequential.

Try living here next door 164, opposite side 119, we are 219, how the hell they worked that out is beyond me.

Easy numbers are given at local amphoe as houses are built ie ours in our village 201. Nearest house to us number1 200 is in fact about a mile and a half away at other end of village.