Thai Foreign Minister says tensions in Korean Peninsula not worrisome

webfact

Foreign Minister says tensions in Korean Peninsula not worrisome

PNSOC600418001002201.jpg

BANGKOK, 18 April 2017 (NNT) - Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai has made known that there isn't yet a need to issue warnings for Thai nationals living in South Korea against an ongoing conflict in the Korean Peninsula. 

Following the arrival of U.S. battleships in the South Korean waters, the minister said tensions in the peninsula have now subsided. He is confident that the situation will not affect Thailand and Thai nationals in South Korea. 

Don also downplayed speculations that the tensions might spread over to Japan, saying from his personal view, there is nothing to worry about at present. Thai people can continue traveling to Japan and South Korea as usual.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-04-18

"Following the arrival of U.S. battleships in the South Korean waters, the minister said tensions in the peninsula have now subsided."

yes most people "relax" with three US carrier groups in route to your country.

Reflecting on past historical events, who ever is in the driving seat, Thailand will back, that's until the winning driver is replaced! So it comes as no surprise to me, that there be no concerns.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

There is nothing to worry about !!!! sounds weird ??

That would be 3rd WW, if it starts !!! NOBODY wants that

Usa is allied with Nato = One 4 all and all 4 one !!! in addition Japan+S. Korea on that side of the globe.

North Korea is allied with 4 other countries since 2007 : the 5 pact of Asia

N. Korea + China + Russia + Iran + Kazakhstan

So will someone pull the trigger?? will it start ??  NO

This is not Afghanistan, Irak or Syria ??? 

What Trump did last week, has nothing to do with N. Korea. What he did in Af.stan and Syria, could only scare the weak countries in the middle east or ...... Not Korea !!!!

So I do not worry.

Its not a worry cause they dont understand the threat. . Its like they all took a stupid pill a few years ago.

I dont usually get involved but i think america will blast the crap out of kim next time he does a launch test. 

And no one knows for sure if n korea has nukes that work.

But what if they do.

At the very least he will blow himself up taking as much life as he can.

The brother was just a test dummy .

Who knows but its time to take this dufus out.

14 minutes ago, quadperfect said:

Its not a worry cause they dont understand the threat. . Its like they all took a stupid pill a few years ago.

I dont usually get involved but i think america will blast the crap out of kim next time he does a launch test. 

But what if they do.

this is about a recent thing.... they were successful with solid fuel rockets....

which don't give the US or South Korea time to "vector them" unlike liquid fueled that they do have time to see by satellite..... and the DPRK also has artillery that might be able to reach Seoul. 

it's not new, Obama was working on it but not as publicly as Trump does.. a different style was in play. oh boy.

Edited by maewang99

2 hours ago, quadperfect said:

But what if they do.

"I dont usually get involved but i think america will blast the crap out of kim next time he does a launch test. 

And no one knows for sure if n korea has nukes that work."

On what grounds? Are militaries no longer allowed to test their technologies? Or only some?

He's actually right. It's just a big show, on all sides. Trump is trying to distract from the FBI's investigations into his team's Russian ties, and N. Korea's bluster always plays well at home. From China and Japan's responses, you can tell they suspect as much but know better than to embarrass either leader. Like nukes launched from half the globe away wouldn't be brought down unceremoniously by the most technologically advanced military in world history. Seriously.

I'm really not a Trump fan but if he blows N. Korea into outer space I won't have a problem with it. Only seeing that fat pig dictator's face makes me want to puke.
And btw the Thai foreign minister has got no clue of what he's talking about. Well, would be a surprise anyway to see a Thai official with competence.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

To all BMs

If you worry that something will happen or you think that Usa is willing to strike, then I suggest that you read about Korean war, Vietnam and even Afganistan wars. You will sleep well....

It's true that Usa is the strongest country but it's very stupid to underestimate NK...

Before Usa hit Syria they alerted Russia. Not cause Usa loves Russia but they HAD to. It was IMPOSSIBLE to not alert them

Today...

'WASHINGTON — The U.S. military says it intercepted two Russian bombers in international airspace off Alaska's coast....'

'...North Korea's nuclear weapons program poses serious threat to Australia, Julie Bishop warns...'

'...The US and South Korea have activated the Terminal High Altitude Area Defence (THAAD) system, which is capable of intercepting incoming warheads from North Korea...'

Actually, they are all really worried that N. Korea will blow away any approaching asteroid (like the one passing presently) and take all the credit.

Speeding Asteroid Will Not Hit Earth On Wednesday, But It Will Get Close

So, yeah, not to worry lads everything is hunky dory.

Seems the US is racing . . . NOT! . . . onto the scene of concern . . .

From abc.net.au:

Trump bluffed on carrier group threat; strike force actually thousands of kilometres away

From the article.

"USS Carl Vinson wasn't heading to North Korea as Trump administration originally suggested

"A 'very powerful' US Navy armada which the Trump administration said was heading towards the Korean Peninsula to deter the North from carrying out a nuclear test was actually carrying out exercises with the Royal Australian Navy thousands of kilometres away in the Indian Ocean, the ABC has confirmed."

Later, in the same article:

"Senior Australian defence sources say the US carrier group is now gradually making its way closer to North Korea."

If the 'Big Don' is not immediately concerned, why should Thailand's leaders be immediately concerned.  Only 'click bait' news sites are concerned . . . for now.

Trump's armada of 4 ships, travelling away from NKorea as he boasts it going to NKorea. Does he know anything of what he's doing, if it's not on Fox news first for him to copy? Sorry but he's an utter moron. And that is dangerous given the military power of the US.

He obviously didn't read the news this morning: 

"By the time Pentagon said US was sending an aircraft carrier, vessels were temporarily headed in the opposite direction" - aljazeera.com

7 hours ago, dinsdale said:

ostrich-man-in-sand.jpg

"Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai has made known that there isn't yet a need to issue warnings for Thai nationals living in South Korea against an ongoing conflict in the Korean Peninsula."

You should add Australia to your list of countries with their 'head in the sand' over travel/immigration to the Republic of Korea (South Korea).

According to the smartraveller.gov.au website, all written up inside a nice big green box, is the following warning, "Official advice: Exercise normal safety precautions." 

Below this box is the following comment, "Exercise common sense and look out for suspicious behaviour, as you would in Australia."

I am quite certain that most other countries are issuing the same (non) warning.  Will you be issuing your 'head in the sand' for them, as well?

17 hours ago, ikke said:

The entire world worries about this issue, and the brave Thai:  Mai Pen Rai.... idiot !

The entire world is not worried about travel to the Republic of Korea (or Japan), which is what the article is about.  Just look at any government travel advice website.