Visa exemption extension, Patong, Phuket?

Hi!

Going to Patong, Phuket on Friday 21 April.

I heard that the small Immigration Office in Patong Beach has opened again for visa extensions!?

Can I extend my 30 days Visa exemption stamp here with another 30 days?

Plahgat

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can.

Great might do that!:smile:

I'm in Singapore right now, but because of long holidays with closed Thai Embassy,

I might not be able to make a new Thai Tourist Visa before I leave on Friday 21!

So I'm thinking of going back to Thailand without a TV, and just extend my visa exempt in Patong for another 30 days!

All I need is 60 days, before I fly back home to Sweden.

Plahgat

The embassy in Singapore was open today. The last holiday was yesterday. See: http://www.thaiembassy.sg/node/41

You might not be able to get a tourist visa there. They have told people they had to be out of Thailand for 90 days to get a tourist visa.

They now have a online visa application system now. See: http://www.thaiembassy.sg/visa-matters-consular

Just now, ubonjoe said:

The embassy in Singapore was open today. The last holiday was yesterday. See: http://www.thaiembassy.sg/node/41

You might not be able to get a tourist visa there. They have told people they had to be out of Thailand for 90 days to get a tourist visa.

They now have a online visa application system now. See: http://www.thaiembassy.sg/visa-matters-consular

I'm using the online visa application, but it seems to be very slow at the moment, maybe many are applying for Thai visas after the Songkran!?

I submitted my visa application with all needed documents yesterday, but it hasn't yet been reviewed yet!

If they review it tomorrow and it goes through, then I will probably have time to pick up my visa on Thursday,

but just in case it doesn't pass or take longer, I was looking for other options.

Getting a 30 day visa exempt on entering Thailand, and then extending it in Patong seems to be a better option!:smile:

Last year I did get a Thai TV in Singapore, left passport one morning and picked it up next day!?

They did mumble something about been going to Thailand too many times, but didn't stop me?

Just a question: how many times can you leave Thailand and re-enter again on a new single entry Tourist Visa in a one year period?

I always thought you could enter as many times you like as long as you leaved the country for a week or so to get a new TV at an Embassy abroad?!

Plahgat

3 minutes ago, plahgat said:

Just a question: how many times can you leave Thailand and re-enter again on a new single entry Tourist Visa in a one year period?

I always thought you could enter as many times you like as long as you leaved the country for a week or so to get a new TV at an Embassy abroad?!

There is really no limit. As long as you can get the visa you can enter the country. But at some time they might pull you to the side and ask what you are doing in the country. Having the equivalent of 20k baht in cash and proof of an income from outside the country would be a good idea to have with you.

Staying outside the country between visas may help but it is not a necessity.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

There is really no limit. As long as you can get the visa you can enter the country. But at some time they might pull you to the side and ask what you are doing in the country. Having the equivalent of 20k baht in cash and proof of an income from outside the country would be a good idea to have with you.

Staying outside the country between visas may help but it is not a necessity.

... so, in other words it's just up to the immigration officers mood of the day! :wink:

Plahgat

My time run out today, and my visa application hasn't been reviewed yet!?:sad:

Seems like the new electronic application on the Thai Embassy's Internet website, 

is much slower than the older walk in procedure, that normally took two days only!:saai:

They state on their website it now takes between 5-10 days for approval only,

and once approved it takes another 2 days.

So my only option now is to fly up to Phuket without a visa, and then try and extend the 30 day visa exempt stamp at the Patong Immigration Office!

Last time I fly down to Singapore to make my ThaiTV!:post-4641-1156693976:

Plahgat

Got my visa application reviewed right now Wednesday afternoon!:dry:

Problem is it is too late, as I fly to Thailand on Friday at 13:15,

and pick up time at the Thai Embassy is at 14:00-15:00!:ermm:

Plahgat

I'm now in Phuket since a few days, and today I walked down to the small Immigration Office here in Patong, 

and extended my 30 days visa exemption stamp with another 30 days, no problems what so ever!

Office is open Mo-Fri 10-12 and 13-15.

All you need is to fill out the Visa extension form, include passport, copy of passport profile page, stamp and departure card,

2 passport photos, copy of return airticket and proof were you stay ( a hotelcard is enough).

I came to the office at 11:30 no queues, was in and out with my extension in hand in only 10 minutes!

No need to wait for days 

Cost is 1900 baht, and there is a small photo & copyshop next door!

Recommended if you are in Patong!

Plahgat