Power pole drama as man goes walkabout on the high wires

webfact

8 hours ago, Prbkk said:

Most of us go to great lengths to avoid any contact with electricity and here this poor chap actually seeks it out. At least credit to whoever got the power shut off in time.

only thinking of the sound and smell makes me sick

5 hours ago, cruisemonkey said:

Yeah... he's married. :saai:

EDIT: Sorry colinneil... I didn't see your post #7. You beat me to it!

Yes you have to get up early to beat colin. Being in a wheel chair has definitely sharpened his other senses. 

8 hours ago, Thongkorn said:

Put money on it being Yabba related. One of the side effects is they think they can fly. Now that would make a Good Song title. 

I Belive a can Fly .  ( Ironic). 

Try: "You can fly:" by MAMA.   Soundtrack of Zapata family flyboard official website. Or "Up on the high wire" by Leon Russell.  Re OP: Lousy journalism as usual.  As there is usually no follow-up to the story and we have no idea of the poor guy's injuries.  However, falling 12 metres or thereabouts is not a good indication.  Let's hope they were able to get the air bed under him. Yaba or stress,  let's hope he makes it.

Only in the beautiful land of smile you could see high power line walk about this is a FIRST in this part of the world 

I also like the way they the press saying he was under some stress very sabai sabai. 

5 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

You obviously areally bad at choosing wells.  Some people are not lucky. Not all water is rancid.

As I age I think the odds are getting worse. Be careful there young fella your trips to the well are not yet over. Could come a day when she has your suitcases packed and is waving a sign say "Bum Voyage"

23 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

As I age I think the odds are getting worse. Be careful there young fella your trips to the well are not yet over. Could come a day when she has your suitcases packed and is waving a sign say "Bum Voyage"

I hope not.  And I am a LONG WAY from being a young fella.   I think my age is not too different from yours, being well over  21 times three (but not 21 times 4, ..........yet.)   Eleven years married and all going well and she has just returned, at my urging,  to her previous Thai career (no, not that one).  She is starting to earn serious good money and feeling positive about it.   Being cynical one could even say that this in itself is a danger sign and I could soon be redundant.    However,  this is what we always planned on and is frequently discussed, so lets hope not.   The plan was always to arrage our retirement income to leave big capital for her when I die, as I have no kids (to speak of.. 555) and she is  a lot younger than me.  My country has a reasonably generous pension system but she will get b/all there, because although she has dual citizenship, her residency there is/was too short.

57 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

I hope not.  And I am a LONG WAY from being a young fella.   I think my age is not too different from yours, being well over  21 times three (but not 21 times 4, ..........yet.)   Eleven years married and all going well and she has just returned, at my urging,  to her previous Thai career (no, not that one).  She is starting to earn serious good money and feeling positive about it.   Being cynical one could even say that this in itself is a danger sign and I could soon be redundant.    However,  this is what we always planned on and is frequently discussed, so lets hope not.   The plan was always to arrage our retirement income to leave big capital for her when I die, as I have no kids (to speak of.. 555) and she is  a lot younger than me.  My country has a reasonably generous pension system but she will get b/all there, because although she has dual citizenship, her residency there is/was too short.

Sounds like a plan. I am doing the same although my country's pension generosity leaves a lot to be desired. Yes life will stop for you and I in the not to distant future but they must go on. Earning her own money builds up the confidence level which is good. I am trying to teach her how to protect her nest egg and not be the family ATM (they will smell money after I am gone) Money given to family members are not loans but gifts Mama and Papa of course deserve what they need but not cash. New frig etc. OK. It gives me a sense of accomplishment in my old age. At least I was able to help out another human being but sadly not the many that are struggling. Take care good look stick with the program.