Bill O'Reilly out at Fox after harassment allegations

webfact

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Proof would be appropriate if you want that to be more than gossip. Where are your links to proven crimes? Paying off accusers is not proof of anything except how revolting the US so called "justice system" is.

He is the one who decided to pay them off.   He could have refused and gone to court and they would have had to produce evidence.   Apparently they had enough on him that could be substantiated for him to relent and pay them off instead.   

The 'justice system' was circumvented by him.   

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, webfact said:

O’Reilly’s departure will not affect Twenty-First Century Fox’s overall profitability, said Brian Wieser, an analyst at Pivotal Research.

“They could literally go dark during the time his programme airs and they would still be profitable,” said Wieser.

If they'd be just as profitable without him, why did they have him on the air?  Of course it will affect their overall profitability.  Not enough to send it negative, but certainly downward.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Probably not rich enough to bother trying to extort.

Plenty of wealthy people seem to survive the public eye. 

With his money he could have easily employed "assistants" to "help" him "relax" outside of work. But I think he enjoyed to thrill of the hunt at work; it worked for his boss.

I wonder just how they formed their opinion of him, other than from the gutter press.

James Murdoch made the call on this one.

Suspect it was a relatively easy and simple business decision.

Murdoch+News of the world= the most gutter of gutter papers. Can't even be described as a "newspaper" as that would be an insult to real ones.

As for Fox, IMO it's not a very good tv channel, and has far too many ads. The only decent thing on it was O'Reilly.

28 minutes ago, Credo said:

He is the one who decided to pay them off.   He could have refused and gone to court and they would have had to produce evidence.   Apparently they had enough on him that could be substantiated for him to relent and pay them off instead.   

The 'justice system' was circumvented by him.   

That proves nothing. If you read what he said, it was to spare his children the humiliation of him being dragged through the gutter media.

One of the women that harrassed him filed a claim for 60 million $. Is that the action of a normal woman?

3 hours ago, habanero said:

Maybe TV has an opening for Bill.

There's already more than ample content on TV to take the piss out of without adding that buffoon to the mix.

Edited by PatOngo

It occurs to me that given O'Reilly's powerful influence over politicians, someone may have decided to destroy him, and nothing easier done than in the USA, home to some of the most hypocritical attitudes to sex in the world.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That proves nothing. If you read what he said, it was to spare his children the humiliation of him being dragged through the gutter media.

One of the women that harrassed him filed a claim for 60 million $. Is that the action of a normal woman?

what is your definition of a "normal woman" ?

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:
right wing
ˈˌrīt ˈˌwiNG/
noun

1. 1.
    the conservative or reactionary section of a political party or system.

As used on forums like this "right wing" is normally used to imply the extreme right wing fringe of politics. O'Reilly is not extreme in his beliefs.

Regardless of the reasons I am more than happy to see him gone like Glen Beck.

I am more libertarian than anything else and recused myself from the election except for Congress and local. Wasting your vote is voting for someone who isn't qualified for the job, so I abstained.    

For years I have occasionally watched this clown abuse his guests and bloviate stridently. He is an overbearing, egomanical racist with serious delusions of grandeur. He seldom added anything of consequence or importance to any topic..

Sean Hannity would be worse except he's just a shill for the repugnicans and does not even take himself seriously.

Faux News is only good for keeping up with the latest conservative nut jobs. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. And make no mistake, these people are minions for the Deep State and enemies  of all working Americans regardless of their "class"  .

As used on forums like this "right wing" is normally used to imply the extreme right wing fringe of politics. O'Reilly is not extreme in his beliefs.

Really? His extreme right-wing views on abortion led to the murder of a doctor, if I remember rightly. I don't see much difference between his right-wing views and other extremists like Hannity, Levin, Limbaugh and Savage.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

One that doesn't think a bit of dirty language is worth 60 million $. 

How much does it worth? You know to "normal women"

How much did your job worth to you? How much pain does it take to make the rich and powerful stop their illegal, immoral. and unfair behavior ?  

Is 60 million a lot of money in a market where the price of an average apartment is 2 million USD

PS: she was not harassing him, He was sexually harassing her. If he was innocent he should have proven his innocence in a court of law, and spare his grandchildren the embarrassment he is so much concerned of.

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

How much does it worth? You know to "normal women"

How much did your job worth to you? How much pain does it take to make the rich and powerful stop their illegal, immoral. and unfair behavior ?  

Is 60 million a lot of money in a market where the price of an average apartment is 2 million USD

PS: she was not harassing him, He was sexually harassing her. If he was innocent he should have proven his innocence in a court of law, and spare his grandchildren the embarrassment he is so much concerned of.

I was exploited and abused in my jobs for 40 years, but I didn't think I should take them to court for millions and millions of bucks. People nowadays are so pathetic.

A "normal" woman like the many I worked with might have been offended by language like that ( some were just as "offensive" in THEIR language ), but they wouldn't have taken anyone to court for money over it.

Of course 60 million is a lot of money.

Many men I know would have been happy for a bit of sexual harassment. 

If he was innocent he should have proven his innocence in a court of law, and spare his grandchildren the embarrassment he is so much concerned of.

Tell that to Fatty Arbuckle.

18 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Really? His extreme right-wing views on abortion led to the murder of a doctor, if I remember rightly. I don't see much difference between his right-wing views and other extremists like Hannity, Levin, Limbaugh and Savage.

Being anti abortion is not an extremist view in the USA. It is pretty normal.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was exploited and abused in my jobs for 40 years, but I didn't think I should take them to court for millions and millions of bucks. People nowadays are so pathetic.

A "normal" woman like the many I worked with might have been offended by language like that ( some were just as "offensive" in THEIR language ), but they wouldn't have taken anyone to court for money over it.

Of course 60 million is a lot of money.

Many men I know would have been happy for a bit of sexual harassment. 

If he was innocent he should have proven his innocence in a court of law, and spare his grandchildren the embarrassment he is so much concerned of.

Tell that to Fatty Arbuckle.

" I was exploited and abused in my jobs for 40 years, but I didn't think I should take them to court for millions and millions of bucks.  "'

Not everyone is as accommodating to being exploited as you are, That'a how we move forward and improve conditions. 

" Many men I know would have been happy for a bit of sexual harassment.  "   

No one is happy with harassment, that's why they call it harassment. 

Oh Christ. He's been sexually and otherwise harassing people forever at that so-called media outlet. If they're kicking him out, it's probably for falling ratings. This is just a convenient excuse. After all, it's that barbarian Rupert Murdoch doing to kicking. His only gauge of morality is quarterly profits. This is the guy who planted electronic bugs in people's private spaces to get juicy stories.

Just now, sirineou said:

" I was exploited and abused in my jobs for 40 years, but I didn't think I should take them to court for millions and millions of bucks.  "'

Not everyone is as accommodating to being exploited as you are, That'a how we move forward and improve conditions. 

" Many men I know would have been happy for a bit of sexual harassment.  "   

LOL. EVERYONE I worked with was exploited and abused. It was NORMAL! The female dominated occupation I worked in was the worst for bullying though, and even though I left it years ago, continues to be a major source of bullying- done by WOMEN to WOMEN ( and the occasional male that was unfortunate enough to do that job ). If everyone that was harassed went to court, there wouldn't be a health service.

I was referring to "sexual" harassment, not non sexual harassment. Not EVERY male I knew would have been happy about it, but many would have.

2 minutes ago, dblaisde said:

Oh Christ. He's been sexually and otherwise harassing people forever at that so-called media outlet. If they're kicking him out, it's probably for falling ratings. This is just a convenient excuse. After all, it's that barbarian Rupert Murdoch doing to kicking. His only gauge of morality is quarterly profits. This is the guy who planted electronic bugs in people's private spaces to get juicy stories.

"Falling ratings". If ever anyone was absolutely, completely wrong.......................................

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/tv-ratings-bill-oreilly-finish-850467

The O’Reilly Factor, which anchors Fox News Channel’s primetime lineup at 8 p.m., is the No. 1 program in cable news for the 14th consecutive year, 

an increase of 14 percent year-over-year.

I doubt O'Reilly will be impacted much financially , given that he is very rich, sells loads of books and has sell out tours. He is probably very PO that the Murdochs stabbed him in the back though.

Just now, sandemara said:

What a surprise. Bill was such a pleasant-mannered unassuming and humble sort of gentleman, considerate of others'feelings in all his public appearances and interviews. Donald will surely miss his insight.

Did you actually watch any of his shows? Given by the sarcasm, I doubt it, unless you actually like watching shows you don't like.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. EVERYONE I worked with was exploited and abused. It was NORMAL! The female dominated occupation I worked in was the worst for bullying though, and even though I left it years ago, continues to be a major source of bullying- done by WOMEN to WOMEN ( and the occasional male that was unfortunate enough to do that job ). If everyone that was harassed went to court, there wouldn't be a health service.

I was referring to "sexual" harassment, not non sexual harassment. Not EVERY male I knew would have been happy about it, but many would have.

I cant believe your argument is " but Mom everyone is doing it"

"I was referring to "sexual" harassment, not non sexual harassment. Not EVERY male I knew would have been happy about it, but many would have.  "

I suggest you look up the definition of harassment. Sexual or otherwise.  If one likes it and is a willing participant, then it is not harassment, it is consensual.   Full stop , period, 

( where is the beating a dead horse  emoticon? it is no longer available) 

5 hours ago, pegman said:

He was disgusting. Good riddance. It will be interesting to see if the old creep crossed the line and touched one of these women. If so a good long prison term would be his just deserves. Look in a dictionary under pompous ass and his pic comes up. Like Oberman said many times "Worst person in the World! 

Humnnnnnn "worst"?  What redeeming qualities does the MOAL have? I think he's very disgusting in every-way.

4 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

The name is Keith Olbermann.  He's insightful and maybe also inciteful.  He's one of the most courageous newscaster right now.  He connects the dots and is not afraid to report the truth, warts and all.   He must be at the top of Trump's hate list.  No one hates truth, right now, more than Trump.

Possibly, but Rachel Maddow (MSNBC) might be hated more by the MOAL. She really presents facts and and history behind various finding. I think she is an American hero.

15 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I cant believe your argument is " but Mom everyone is doing it"

"I was referring to "sexual" harassment, not non sexual harassment. Not EVERY male I knew would have been happy about it, but many would have.  "

I suggest you look up the definition of harassment. Sexual or otherwise.  If one likes it and is a willing participant, then it is not harassment, it is consensual.   Full stop , period, 

( where is the beating a dead horse  emoticon? it is no longer available) 

Gee wizz, lighten up guys. It was a throwaway comment not a treatise on the human condition.

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

analysts said the network's viewers would likely remain loyal.

Wrong as far as this one is concerned. O'Reilly was the show I turned the channel on for, and any thing else I watched was because I had been watching his show.

Can't believe I'm the only one that way inclined.

No doubt many will still watch, because all the other channels are so pants, and to one like me, unwatchable.

For me it's like when Nite Owl was kicked off the Bkk Post, the end of an era. Like Trink, O'Reilly was brought down by the PC  brigade. Shame on them.

I think Bill was a founding member of "I cannot keep it in my pants" club. He developed that "To big to fail" mentality. When advertisers started to desert his show "Like people with an extreme case of diahorrea"  Bill sadly became "the emperor with no clothes"

2 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

I don't see one post here about his large contributions (millions of $ over the years) to very good charities. They will be the loosers ....

And this makes him a good guy. Just because my collection plate contribution is bigger than most should the minister give me a Trump handshake?? If there is a heaven does this give him a pass without St. Peter looking at his life log book. 

Edited by elgordo38