Why there are so many women at Thai banks

webfact

If the banking system  in Thailand is as low paying  as in Canada, I would say, because the men want better

wages. Especially if it is the loans and mortgage sections.  Plus  the  work is tedious  and men  hate tedious.

Geezer

22 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I would like to known why there are so many women on building sites and doing the gardens (manual job generally) and Thai men are sat watching and drinking whisky. I am generalizing of course but I see it happen very often in numerous places. Very different from the west per say.

Maybe b/c of the way Thai boys are raised e.g. waited on hand and foot like they are "god's gift."  Then they are allowed to be lazy for the rest of their lives. Funny thing is then Thai women bitch a/b lazy Thai men. lol lol Who created these types?

10 hours ago, wirat69 said:

Perhaps, but I am yet to find an intelligent person in a Thai bank (after 35 years a Kasikorn customer)!!!

After a/b ???? years I finally stopped using Kasikorn. I think BKK Bank is much better - in every way.

23 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Female dominated workplace. No male without a death wish wants to work there, toxic.

Well...certainly not my two brothers in law,four cousins,two nephews and one stepson that's for sure!

But wait..what am I thinking?They don't work anyway..

11 hours ago, samsensam said:

thinking about it it's not just thailand, back home you will  generally see more females working in banks and post offices than males.

Exactly.  When I did my internship in high school at a USA bank many years ago, I recall that just about every employee there were women....except the bank manager, who was a man.  Not sure what the current situation is, but I'd imagine it hasn't changed that much.

So I wonder if some of the posters would offer their ridiculous "explanations" to their home country as well.

Thailand is a generally recognized as a matriarchal society - I know, surprising - and the handling of money (outside of Chinese immigrants) traditionally fell to the more responsible party, the woman. The man may also have been off fighting in a war for the local Prince, tending to crops, gambling, drinking, etc. That this tradition has extended into the banking sector is hardly surprising?

I'd suspect that the Boards of Directors at banks, like many overseers here, remain the domain of males?

On 20/04/2017 at 4:05 AM, YetAnother said:

thai women are nicer than the other gender; the banking jobs require a lot of interaction

Nicer and more efficient. I dread having my queue number come up for one particular drone in my local but the gals seem to get things done quickly and with a smile.

When I was a Kid only wimpy men worked in Offices .Real Men flew Jets ,made Steel , Drilled for Oil etc.Nothings changed except you don't tell em their wimpy anymore, just think it .?[emoji1434]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

7 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

If the banking system  in Thailand is as low paying  as in Canada, I would say, because the men want better

wages. Especially if it is the loans and mortgage sections.  Plus  the  work is tedious  and men  hate tedious.

Geezer

And women, having to put up with the whining whinges and tedium of boosting the male ego all their lives, are more suited to the job?

On 20/04/2017 at 3:17 AM, nbm47 said:

Could be Thai men are less intelligent than women?

in the west more females work in banks than males, so following your logic you think western males are less intelligent than females.

could you offer any other evidence that intelligence is gender specific?

On 4/20/2017 at 8:24 AM, Laughing Gravy said:

Very different from the west per say.

Different from your west maybe but loads of women grafting on building sites and farms in eastern Europe and Russia. Plenty eastern European women working UK farms and factories too while the preponderance of migrant farm workers in Australia and the Antipodes tend to be female.

42 minutes ago, samsensam said:

in the west more females work in banks than males, so following your logic you think western males are less intelligent than females.

could you offer any other evidence that intelligence is gender specific?

Oh!...the irony.

On 4/20/2017 at 8:01 AM, Pib said:

Just the nature of the banking job...more administrative in nature and where a pretty face is probably preferred....and probably more attention to detail given.

Why are construction and truck driving jobs predominately male?....more physical in nature and where a pretty face is not needed.

Take a long look at a Thai construction site and you will see a lot of women involved in hard graft.