Check your ticket.. Especially if your wife bought it.

RasiMike

Just got on the train from Uthumpon station to Bangkok with the wife and kids and someone's sitting in our seats. On closer inspection we've been sold tickets for next month ...my lovely wife neglected to check carefully as the advisory says on the back [emoji18].

The staff have given up their seats and allowed us to stay on board..... Fantastic service [emoji3]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I have a confession. This type of mistake is not restricted to the fairer sex. In December I booked the bus to take us to the airport. The bus pulled up and we loaded our cases and our seats were taken. No problem as there was room at the back. After about 10 minutes the assistant came to our seats to show our tickets for travel in January. Exactly one month in the future.

Again the staff were fantastic and made the change to the booking. I was not even charged a surcharge......fantastic service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, RasiMike said:

The staff have given up their seats and allowed us to stay on board..... Fantastic service emoji3.png

Why did a certain airline that did exactly the opposite immediately spring to mind?

5 minutes ago, AndyOz said:

Dare I say Thai service levels are above those of our American friends.

I can't comment on the States (being a Brit) but much is better than the UK.

With a few notable exceptions I've had universally good service from Thai entities, but I don't live in one of the "farang" areas, we're in semi-rural northern BKK.

Sometimes the "service" is excessive (re the thread on salespersons stalking) or simply outstanding, KSC internet (now part of True) got to our place before I did after ordering service at one of their counters. The installation man was drinking tea with Wifey who knew nothing about it. I was going to tell her when I got home.

The main exception is our local (it's actually 5km away) Seven where we have to pay some of the bills which I can't do online. The apathy is mind-bending.

17 hours ago, RasiMike said:

.my lovely wife neglected to check carefully as the advisory says on the back

And did her lovely husband not heed his own advice to check? Always convenient to blame the wife ... especially when she's out of earshot.

An easy mistake to make.

Being an honest person i will admit to doing the same thing a while back.

I drove for 5 hours to Don muang airport to collect a farang friend flying from the UK.

Stupid me, i was standing waiting waiting, the plane landed 2 hours ago, where is he.

I went to the customer service desk asking what has happened to my friend.

Sorry not on the passenger manifest. What?

Stupid bugger, i went on the correct date, but 1 month too early.

I can speak enough Thai/Lao to book the ticket but I can't read Thai script so Mrs Rasi has to take final responsibility. Besides we have an agreement...We always blame each other when convenient. We've been together a long time so last evening is just another story for the grandkids.
[emoji3].

The topic title fits perfectly for online ticket (flight) booking.

A lot can go wrong!

Years ago a 21 yr old German booked a flight to Sidney (SDY, Montana, USA) instead of Sydney (SYD, Australia). Funny enough he started the trip and it took him until "Billings" (Montana) to finally accept his error.

Others book 32h flights from Europe to Bangkok and try to sell it as "intentional" :smile:

Flight time shown as "12:30 AM" is another hurdle for non US people. Guess at what time some people show up at the airport.