Video: Wild West Thailand - Songkran shooting caught on tape

webfact

Video: Wild West Thailand - Songkran shooting caught on tape

1am.jpg

Picture: TNews

PATTAYA: -- Footage shared to social media showed a group of youths shooting randomly in the streets of Pattaya.

TNews reported that the footage was posted online by Suphachai Wongsuphachainimit.

It showed a group of about ten young men firing into a boat shop outside of which were Songkran or "Wan Lai" revelers.

People run in all directions before the assailants flee on bikes.

No one was hurt in the incident.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-21

2 hours ago, Jessi said:

Just another  day in Pattaya,Thainess at its best.

Yes......so blessed people shooting at other would never happen back home?.....or is it different back home because there they wouldn' t miss.

Edited by dotpoom

Things getting much worse in Pattaya for sure.

Police what police they only come after and incident or accident.

I say accident but many ate intentional acts by idiots who dont care about anyone, this is criminal not an accident.

The hits just keep on coming in Pattaya.

I wish to take umbrage (always wanted to use that term!) with comparison with "wild west". The wild west wasn't all that wild: many who moved west had experience in US Civil War, knew how to use weapons properly. Some gunslinger or desperado comes to town, trying to intimidate.... they'd just shoot him in the back and be rid of the vermin. Not that "high noon" sort of stuff.

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

Yes......so blessed people shooting at other would never happen back home?.....or is it different back home because there they wouldn' t miss.

Are you real?

Don't know where you come from but back home shooting incidents happen.

But nearly all are criminals killing criminals, which is not really a bad deal.

But things like the Pattaya thing, in the last twenty years, once.

This stupid "wildwest" seems to me typical Thai.

Sadly.

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

Didn't look at all random to me. Guy in the shop said something to the fragile egos who reacted as only fragile egos can with a volley of fire.

Retarded development at it's finest.

I would hardly call one shot a "volley of fire"!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, franklnooner said:

Things getting much worse in Pattaya for sure.

Police what police they only come after and incident or accident.

I say accident but many ate intentional acts by idiots who dont care about anyone, this is criminal not an accident.

The hits just keep on coming in Pattaya.

Um, what police do you know of that come before or during an incident or accident?  You realize that there is this thing called "response time" and it kind of depends on how close the police are at the time of the incident and how long it takes to get there.  I don't understand why people are bitching about this aspect.  But I don't live in Pattaya.  Are the police there particularly slow?  What is a typical response time for a crime in Pattaya?  The one time I had trouble there was when a ladyboy snatched my waist pouch (yes I learned my lessons, thank you).  At that time a citizen helped me and a taxi took me to the police station.  

44 minutes ago, biplanebluey said:

I would hardly call one shot a "volley of fire"!!!!!!!!!

Actually that is exactly what a volley is, when a single shooter is involved.  If three had guns, then a volley would be all of them firing off a shot together.  

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

u speak about usa ??? at least here in thailand such things do not happen too often ...if u are american this is business as usual if not in a wealthy neighbourhood ( and they getting rare ) shooting killing murder robbery is the common daily experience..if u from central europe this is not realy common and it should not be anywhere...at least not in thailand where many come for peace and tranquility....i guess pattaya tourists like the crime bars drug scene otherwise they would not visit or live (retire ) at the worlds crime and prostitution capitol.... so dont complain too much its part if the business there where u choose to reside...child prostitution...massive drug problems.... international and local crime gangs...ripp offs of all kinds....a totally corrupt police force that partly runs these business ...shootings stabbings snap thieves....robbers and murderers to pose as womens...the worlds capitol of prostitution and child abuse....there u go ...thats why u went there in the first place..so now dont complain just enjoy....

Edited by free123

4 hours ago, tracker1 said:

And again apparently the police were nowhere to be found !

The police should find this video, give it to the PM and he should ban guns for the public and call them all in.

America has a bad gun problem, countries that have banned them do not have problems as bad.

Thai's are memorised by soap opera where shooting people is funny and the norm.

When you see young boys on bikes doing wheel stands and speeding down Soi's where children are playing and when school gets out you can not believe the stupid mentality, give them a gun as well and BINGO a murder waiting to happen.  :post-4641-1156694005:

Thank God I had to go loas on a visa run and missed the last 3 days of the madness . it's getting worst ever year give it 10 more years and it will basically be like that film the Purge. But still with crime the rest if the year.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, free123 said:

u speak about usa ??? at least here in thailand such things do not happen too often ...if u are american this is business as usual if not in a wealthy neighbourhood ( and they getting rare ) shooting killing murder robbery is the common daily experience..if u from central europe this is not realy common and it should not be anywhere...at least not in thailand where many come for peace and tranquility....i guess pattaya tourists like the crime bars drug scene otherwise they would not visit or live (retire ) at the worlds crime and prostitution capitol.... so dont complain too much its part if the business there where u choose to reside...child prostitution...massive drug problems.... international and local crime gangs...ripp offs of all kinds....a totally corrupt police force that partly runs these business ...shootings stabbings snap thieves....robbers and murderers to pose as womens...the worlds capitol of prostitution and child abuse....there u go ...thats why u went there in the first place..so now dont complain just enjoy....

I agree with this, so many here just love to poke fun at Thailand, but look at the real world, the US is really bad, now look at Paris, France. There is an issue here with police not doing their job and never around, that does need the attention of the PM.

41 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Perhaps you have been mesmerised and shagged your memory... or did you actually think Thais (no need for apostrophe) we're memorialised in soap operas???

:sorry:

Do all of you really think shooting is on the rise in Thailand?  It's been regular for as long as I have been here (27 years) and back in the day in it's the way many disputes were settled in small towns and villages across Thailand.  I am not condoning it.  Just an observation that killing people you don't like is not out of the ordinary in Thailand.  

2 hours ago, wealthychef said:

Actually that is exactly what a volley is, when a single shooter is involved.  If three had guns, then a volley would be all of them firing off a shot together.  

I did not think they were playing tennis.

"A volley of bullets, arrows, or rocks describes a large number of them being shot or thrown simultaneously. Another meaning of the noun volley involves just one projectile: a returned tennis ball, usually one that hasn't hit the ground before being smacked by a racket.

volley - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com"

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/volley

7 minutes ago, smotherb said:

I did not think they were playing tennis.

"A volley of bullets, arrows, or rocks describes a large number of them being shot or thrown simultaneously. Another meaning of the noun volley involves just one projectile: a returned tennis ball, usually one that hasn't hit the ground before being smacked by a racket.

volley - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com"

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/volley

...and then someone invented volleyball and confusion ran riot.

Edited by NanLaew

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

It is just a part of the main game. There is more to come I'm sure. You have to look at the big picture here.

If you can keep your head when others around are losing their's; you could finish up the talest.

2 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

The police should find this video, give it to the PM and he should ban guns for the public and call them all in.

America has a bad gun problem, countries that have banned them do not have problems as bad.

When you see young boys on bikes doing wheel stands and speeding down Soi's where children are playing and when school gets out you can not believe the stupid mentality, give them a gun as well and BINGO a murder waiting to happen.  :post-4641-1156694005:

Yes I have noticed the prevalence guns in soap opera's here as well. This could of course become implanted in fertile young minds watching. 

My missis saw the exact same thing during Songkran about 10 years ago in Bang Saray, back then a sleepy fishing village.  The main attraction in the village for days was people coming to see the bullet holes in the wall (opposite what is now an Italian restaurant) One bloke got shot in the leg.  Nothing has changed much, except back then not everybody carried a video recorder, there was no Thai Visa, not much in the way of youtube, and the internet still evolving.  

9 hours ago, tracker1 said:

And again apparently the police were nowhere to be found !

I find it hard to believe many people expect the police to be everywhere. That is impossible. And probably if police were actually there the shooters would have not fired but waited for their opportunity to shoot at another time. Not defending Thai police  But tell me how any police force in the world is suppose to have psychic knowledge of where crime is going to be committed in the future to be there at the exact time of the crime. Or how police are suppose to magically prevent all crimes or be at the crime scene in seconds. Do you bitch just to bitch for fun sake or do you have anything positive to add?