Court to rule on gruesome murder case against Spanish man

webfact

16 hours ago, darksidedog said:

No witnesses, so it is one piece of circumstantial DNA, a money transfer and the testimony of a cleaning lady who worked in his Condo complex. I suspect this will be going to the Appeal Court. To be satisfied of guilt beyond all reasonable doubt, I would have liked to have seen something a bit more concrete.

Agreed. When you know the Thai incompetence, you never be sure about any court judgement.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's incredible..... comments focus on a convicted criminal & his behaviour/appearance.

No mention of fact that he took the life of David Bernat in a gruesome act, then disposed of his body in a grizzly premediated way.

Justice served & RIP David Bernat.... 

22 hours ago, Nasrullah said:

You do still believe in innocent until proven otherwise?

He is a convicted murderer. That is one kind of proof. You may doubt the verdict, or the integrity of the Thai justice system, but he has been found guilty in court. "Innocent until proven guilty" simply doesn't apply at this point.

No witnesses, so it is one piece of circumstantial DNA, a money transfer and the testimony of a cleaning lady who worked in his Condo complex. I suspect this will be going to the Appeal Court. To be satisfied of guilt beyond all reasonable doubt, I would have liked to have seen something a bit more concrete.

Such as? Missing finger in his stomach?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

18 hours ago, Cranky said:

Tattoos !!!   Guilty beyond doubt. Lock up everyone with a tattoo, (no more tarts in Pattaya then) and release everyone in the pokey with no tattoos.  

Great society that'll produce.

Let's just say that in some cases based only on circumstantial evidence of what many consider the kind of crime only a seriously demented person would even take part in, an apparent extreme level of tattooing doesn't help portray the image of someone not capable of mutilating someone else's body. 

18 hours ago, JerryinTH said:

My hairdresser and barber has tattoos from head to toe and works in a fancy salon in Central Embassy. Cut and shave will cost you around 2,000 baht. 

I consider this an honest and respectable job. Not like he is issuing traffic tickets or something. 

off topic, I am jealous of your hair if it requires 2000THB to cut. Mine, 80Baht and 5 minutes.

22 hours ago, SiamBeast said:

I don't want to judge anyone, but coming to court covered in tattoos when you're the defendent in a criminal case is probably a bad idea.

I had a girlfriend,  back in my former life. She had a few tats but she wasn't a killer.

The one tat i liked best, was where she had the letter 'B' tatted on one bum cheek, and the letter 'B' tatted on the other. When she bent over, it spelled 'BOB':shock1:

22 hours ago, SiamBeast said:

I don't want to judge anyone, but coming to court covered in tattoos when you're the defendent in a criminal case is probably a bad idea.

It's a bad idea getting them in the first place, people deliberately disfiguring thereselves??

18 hours ago, JerryinTH said:

My hairdresser and barber has tattoos from head to toe and works in a fancy salon in Central Embassy. Cut and shave will cost you around 2,000 baht. 

I consider this an honest and respectable job. Not like he is issuing traffic tickets or something. 

You think B2,000 for a haircut is "honest" and "respectable."  ???  He ought to get the death penalty for over-charging!   :cheesy:

19 hours ago, ThaiWai said:

He's now been convicted and sentenced to death.  Lemme guess now it was a kangaroo court, right?  You hate authority so much you feel nothing for the victim and hope the accused is set free.  Check yourself.  A world without authority is a world you don't want.

Depends on what kind of authority, some people make and change rules because they just love the authority, and impressing the people working under him/her. It happens regularly in IMOs and banks etc.

He ought to be prosecuted and convicted for his crimes, if the accusations are indeed true. He ought not be prosecuted and convicted for tattoos. However, as a practical matter, there is a reason lawyers clean their defendants up, dress them in a business suit in order to make them appear more mainstream and respectable.  Peeps consciously or unconsciously associate tattoos with crime, and not entirely without a basis for that.  Tattoos sometimes represent a gang affiliation.

18 hours ago, saakura said:

A lot of people associate tattos with mafia type bad guys and prostitues, like islam and terror.

If you take away the "prostitutes" it would also apply to people with facial hair?

19 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Most people kill one on one without witnesses. Both victim and criminal were seen going into his condo and then crimimal left alone with two big black bags. Blood DNA in criminals condo matched the victim.  Criminal transferred money after the death from the victims bank account to his account. Criminal lied about his behavior and being with the victim.  Appeal all you want this man deserves psychiatric incarceration or life in prison or the death penalty. 

47 minutes ago, rexall said:

You think B2,000 for a haircut is "honest" and "respectable."  ???  He ought to get the death penalty for over-charging!   :cheesy:

I used to pay around B2,000 in the eighties back in the UK for a haircut  :w00t:

I would happily pay more now for a "cut & blow" :shock1:

Sadly I have no hair now! :saai:

Now no" cut" only.................:whistling:

20 hours ago, Cranky said:

Tattoos !!!   Guilty beyond doubt. Lock up everyone with a tattoo, (no more tarts in Pattaya then) and release everyone in the pokey with no tattoos.  

Great society that'll produce.

Screwed blued and tattooed. 

Edited by elgordo38

Has anyone on here ever received a tato

1 hour ago, Dustdevil said:

"Forgive them, for they know not what they do."  The man possibly think he's Christ on the way to crucifixion and smiling about it. Has he had a psychiatric evaluation?

He should have one. Maybe his hero was Jeffrey Dahmer. 

1 hour ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

I had a girlfriend,  back in my former life. She had a few tats but she wasn't a killer.

The one tat i liked best, was where she had the letter 'B' tatted on one bum cheek, and the letter 'B' tatted on the other. When she bent over, it spelled 'BOB':shock1:

Bobs your uncle

18 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Nice to see that he's apparently a good Bible-reading type guy.... :ph34r:

Except, the photo of his hand shows "Lucas", not "Luke."

You are not very clever and confuse many things here. Bible not written in english......got it?

20 hours ago, farang95 said:

must admit ....it's scary....he doesnt look like a killer...... i mean the picture make him look good.....innocent or not...... psychopath or not..... you can never trust anyone for real.... all the people who around you ..could decide ..for a reason or no reason to end you savagely .......

So be careful and watch your back ..... 

Chok dee all :)

I must agree he looks better in this pic.

I think he is a psychopath as other photos of him ,he looked very sick.

One thing that psychopath's do is never admit guilt , they can show no empathy and usually are highly  intelligent.

Their brains are hard wired, and they can not display empathy and many other feelings.

The only different type of psychopaths are cheese cake psychopath's Like Swiss cheese they have pathways that allow a little empathy through.

The trouble with this world if that these people run the world, they are a completely different animal to a normal honest person.

The powers that be know this , they know that they can manipulate the poor as they will usually pay their bills and be honest..

Tats don't make any difference to this nutter tat or know tats he was doomed by the evidence.

59 minutes ago, CGW said:

I used to pay around B2,000 in the eighties back in the UK for a haircut  :w00t:

I would happily pay more now for a "cut & blow" :shock1:

Sadly I have no hair now! :saai:

Now no" cut" only.................:whistling:

Well, it used to cost about that to go to Sassoon's back in the late 60s/early seventies, a ridiculous sum really, particularly to end up looking no better than a (very bad) drag version of Dusty Springfield or Jane Fonda. Men's hair was not the best thing about the 60s. I save a particularly savage wrath for whoever dares to drag out those snaps today.

Sorry for being off topic.