Thai man, 53, found dead in Phuket from alleged shotgun suicide

snoop1130

Thai man, 53, found dead in Phuket from alleged shotgun suicide

Eakkapop Thongtub

1492762524_1-org.jpg

Police inspect the scene of the alleged suicide. Photo: GOT Rescue

PHUKET:-- A 53-year-old Thai man was found dead inside a property in Mai Khao this morning after allegedly committing suicide by shooting himself in the head with a shotgun.

Col Prawit Suthireunarun, Chief of the Thachatchai Police received a report earlier today (Apr 21) where it was stated a man been found with a gunshot wound to his head at a house in Moo 3, Mai Khao.

Upon arrival at the scene, the body of the man, Phanit ‘Yi’ Pheuksaprasert, 53, was found lying face up on the ground with blood on the floor and a serious gunshot wound to his head.

Beside the body was a shotgun with a spent cartridge nearby.

“The man’s face was unrecognisable due to the gunshot wound,” said Col Prawit.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/thai-man-53-found-dead-in-phuket-from-alleged-shotgun-suicide-61858.php#g6UOjC1vzfbHpArG.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-4-21

2 hours ago, fish monger said:

I wonder what his troubles were.....Very sad...

Probably a bit more than the post suggests.

A normal shotgun needs to be "broken" to release the spent cartridge.

Ejection is achieved either by a spring mechanism on opening which will automatically remove the used cartridge or manually by taking out the cartridge by hand.

Unless the shotgun model was "fully automatic" which I don't really think it was I would be asking a few more questions about how a man after shooting himself in the head, sustaining severe injuries is able to remove the spent cartridge from the firearm before collapsing?

Probably a bit more than the post suggests.
A normal shotgun needs to be "broken" to release the spent cartridge.
Ejection is achieved either by a spring mechanism on opening which will automatically remove the used cartridge or manually by taking out the cartridge by hand.
Unless the shotgun model was "fully automatic" which I don't really think it was I would be asking a few more questions about how a man after shooting himself in the head, sustaining severe injuries is able to remove the spent cartridge from the firearm before collapsing?

Was just about to say the same thing a spent cartridge NEARBY and not remaining in the barrel it would also be extremely unusual for a civilian to own a fully automatic shotgun given they are generally for military use only and very expensive however TIT so anything is possible! Definitely one where we are within our rights to cast doubt on the suicide headline!

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app