Who is required to report to immigration within 24 hours?

5 hours ago, alstaxi said:

I have renewed my 1 year extension of stay, the stamp in my passport says retirement visa, which it really is not, and have never been asked for a tm30, actually never heard of it. I provide my address on my arrival card, never been bothered about any of these things, this has been going smoothly for 15 years, now all this has hit the fan so to speak.

Which immigration office were you NOT asked for a TM30?

22 minutes ago, geisha said:

NanLaew, yes, I was at Jomtien, did not pay a fine because I'd been already warned by neighbours and also a friend in Chiang Mai, so I had all my papers in order and did it within 24 hours. There, I asked , and they confirmed the law was being in force.they also told me I wouldn't get an extension without the Notification receipt.A few people in the queue had to leave and go back with the money for fines.This was in December and February last.

I think that's probably when the started selectively enforcing the TM30 requirement at Jomtien. As I mentioned earlier, myself and 2 others did extension renewals in the same period as you mention and we were not asked for TM30's. I am not going to ponder what selection process they used back then but it appears that it is being applied across the board now at Jomtien. Anyone else with recent experience of this at Jomtien may be able to keep us updated.

5 hours ago, merijn said:

Phuket immigration will not accept a long term extension application without a up to date address registration.

With "address registration", the submission of what form do you mean?

1 hour ago, Maestro said:

With "address registration", the submission of what form do you mean?

I mean that the person needs to be sure that the address registration when he entered into Thailand is done. (via hotel, landowner or by himself etc) before applying for a long term extension.

And that the registered address is the same as the address being use on the extension form TM7.

Immigration will check this before accepting the application.

I have just finished the full routine (for me) at Jomtien Immigration (Soi5) this is a report of my personal experience. 

End of March received new passport, went to Immigration, details transferred from old passport, (no charge)picked up next day, went straight to 90 day reporting, I was asked verbally to confirm my address, I confirmed and added I have lived there for eleven years (company house) . I then applied to British Embassy for proof of income letter,  received this and waited until Songran mayhem finished. Went back to immigration last Friday and submitted paperwork for new extension, collected passport this morning complete with new extention and then submitted paperwork for re-entry permit, all completed I left the office having been there one hour. 

My extension is marked "retirement" it is not a visa. At no time during any of the above procedures was I asked to complete a TM30, I have never completed one in the past and this was my twelfth extension. Hope this info is helpful but TIT and someone else could have a different experience, I can only report on mine. 

Edited by JohnC
Added

5 hours ago, JohnC said:

I have just finished the full routine (for me) at Jomtien Immigration (Soi5) this is a report of my personal experience. 

End of March received new passport, went to Immigration, details transferred from old passport, (no charge)picked up next day, went straight to 90 day reporting, I was asked verbally to confirm my address, I confirmed and added I have lived there for eleven years (company house) . I then applied to British Embassy for proof of income letter,  received this and waited until Songran mayhem finished. Went back to immigration last Friday and submitted paperwork for new extension, collected passport this morning complete with new extention and then submitted paperwork for re-entry permit, all completed I left the office having been there one hour. 

My extension is marked "retirement" it is not a visa. At no time during any of the above procedures was I asked to complete a TM30, I have never completed one in the past and this was my twelfth extension. Hope this info is helpful but TIT and someone else could have a different experience, I can only report on mine. 

Good, concise and detailed update, thanks!

Jan 2015 did the same rigmarole as you regarding new passport, stamp transfer and renew the retirement extension. Used an agent as I had business in Bangkok the same day. No need for TM30. Proof of income letter from British Embassy. Residing in rental property and had a copy of the landlords blue book and ID card.

Jan 2016, DIY retirement extension, offered TM30 as part of paperwork, was returned as not required. Same proof of income and domicile.

Jan 2017, DIY retirement extension, TM30 neither offered nor asked for. Same proof of income and domicile.

Keep on flying below the radar... whatever radar it is they are (or are not) using!

Edited by NanLaew

Thanks for the update. Do you get a receipt for the 1600 baht fine?

Yes, yellow books mean bugger all to immigration. I think the confusion arises when they can be mostly accepted as proof of a Thai domicile to a third party such as a bank in the same way as the 'residence letter' from immigration is accepted for those who either don't have or can't get a yellow book. However, Amphurs don't ask for immigration letters and immigration ignores yellow books.

My Amphur sent me back to Immigration to get a form signed and stamped before filing for a yellow book. As with anything to do with immigration or farang, everything depends on...........?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, JohnC said:

Thanks for the explanation.

Basically it's the same in Phuket.

As long it is confirmed that your address isn't changed no new registration is required.

Ahhhhhh this is giving me a massive headache.

Here I am 6 weeks later and I still don't know if I have to report to jomiten Immigration or not. I am on tourist visas and my condo rental agency did the TM thing for me a few years ago and I have a slip in the back of my passport (or at least that is what I think it is). On my last extension I was expecting a fine but I never got one. A week ago I just come back from loas, and I thought I didn't have to report now I am not so sure. Should I expect a fine will they refuse my extension next time?

Here is a video I came across but I am still confused

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, juice777 said:

Ahhhhhh this is giving me a massive headache.

Here I am 6 weeks later and I still don't know if I have to report to jomiten Immigration or not. I am on tourist visas and my condo rental agency did the TM thing for me a few years ago and I have a slip in the back of my passport (or at least that is what I think it is). On my last extension I was expecting a fine but I never got one. A week ago I just come back from loas, and I thought I didn't have to report now I am not so sure. Should I expect a fine will they refuse my extension next time?

Here is a video I came across but I am still confused

Yes you should do the reporting again after your return from Laos.

But It is possible that your old address is still in the system.

Yes you should do the reporting again after your return from Laos.
But It is possible that your old address is still in the system.

So it's to late now, I think my old address is in the system because I had no problem before. I will do my extension as early as possible next time just in case they say no. Then I will go early on my next visa run.

1 minute ago, juice777 said:

So it's to late now, I think my old address is in the system because I had no problem before. I will do my extension as early as possible next time just in case they say no. Then I will go early on my next visa run.

Just check if your address in the system if it is changed before doing the extension and you should not have a problem. (Unless you get a grumpy IM officer)

6 hours ago, merijn said:

Just check if your address in the system if it is changed before doing the extension and you should not have a problem. (Unless you get a grumpy IM officer)

If juice777 used the same address on the TM6 landing card on return from Laos, that should be the only address that will be in the system, no? In this case, juice 777 has returned from overseas versus a stay elsewhere in the country so probably all a moot point as the condo rental agent (landlord) should report his presence. Tourist visa extension holders may be getting a pass on any punishment as the reports suggest that it is the long-term, marriage and retirement extension renewers that are getting the most grief.

Edited by NanLaew

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

If juice777 used the same address on the TM6 landing card on return from Laos, that should be the only address that will be in the system, no? In this case, juice 777 has returned from overseas versus a stay elsewhere in the country so probably all a moot point as the condo rental agent (landlord) should report his presence. Tourist visa extension holders may be getting a pass on any punishment as the reports suggest that it is the long-term, marriage and retirement extension renewers that are getting the most grief.

In my experience it is always a hit and miss when the address is updated in the immigration database.

Normally the TM6 addresses are not entered into the database at all and are only used in case they want to track down a person.

Same for the hotels, most of them don't report the costumers but the number of hotels doing the reporting is getting bigger over time.

My address is never changed over the years and i travel a lot to different locations.

15 minutes ago, merijn said:

In my experience it is always a hit and miss when the address is updated in the immigration database. //

You can check it every time you make your 90-Days Report online,

as the site will display the data already in their database,

including passport data, TM6 data, phone, email and... address ;)

Edit: Oops: Probably wrong. See my other answer below...

Edited by Pattaya46

2 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

You can check it every time you make your 90-Days Report online,

as the site will display the data already in their database,

including passport data, TM6 data, phone, email and... address ;)

Thanks for the information.

I never used the online option for the 90 day reporting so i did not know that this is possible to check as well.

Ooops. Sorry. A big doubt...

Sure these data are on the acknowledgement page they show you,

but that may be data that I/You typed before ! Not from their DB.

I think my computer automatically remember the content of the field,

from where the confusion...  Sorry.

• Like 1

In my experience it is always a hit and miss when the address is updated in the immigration database.
Normally the TM6 addresses are not entered into the database at all and are only used in case they want to track down a person.
Same for the hotels, most of them don't report the costumers but the number of hotels doing the reporting is getting bigger over time.
My address is never changed over the years and i travel a lot to different locations.

I think thay enter it in the system because he couldn't read my handwriting and I had to tell him it was chonburi. And they questioned it last time because I put Pattaya and not Chonburi.

• 8 months later...
On 4/22/2017 at 5:09 PM, Raymonddiaz said:

Nobody cares because unpractical. This stupidity needs to stop. 24 h reporting

If immigration does not have a "mission", they can't justify heavy staffing levels. This is the essence of bureaucracy worldwide. It's a jobs program, plain and simple. Keep 'em busy.

• Like 1

On 22/04/2017 at 12:34 PM, thaitero said:

Law says tm30 can be submitted by HOUSE-MASTER, OWNER OR THE POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE.

So if your friend has long term contract it is better to listen to landlord. Landlords have better things to do than go immigration everytime when their tenants decide to take holiday away and come back.

Per the above;  note from another messagse. That means the landlord must file the tm30 each time his tenant takes a holiday in/out of country ? 

Edited by hansened
trying to attach a reply; perhaps doing it wrong and just need to reply; if there was a reply button ?

• 9 months later...

heres a questiion;

as a foreign owner renting to a thai no problem. if the thai gal gets a visit from foreign boyfriend who must report the bf staying with her?  

what is foreign owner is outside of thailand when bf comes ??

btw; upscale bkk condo now requiring copy of passport of all foriegners living here.  condo is 99% thai

Edited by atyclb

11 hours ago, atyclb said:

heres a questiion;

as a foreign owner renting to a thai no problem. if the thai gal gets a visit from foreign boyfriend who must report the bf staying with her?  

what is foreign owner is outside of thailand when bf comes ??

btw; upscale bkk condo now requiring copy of passport of all foriegners living here.  condo is 99% thai

The land owner is responsible to reporting all foreign visitors at their property.

So you as the owner are responsible for doing this.

If the owner is not available the Power of Attorney letter can be used to authorize another person to do the reporting on his behalf.

(not all immigration offices are requiring this Power of Attorney letter but some are very strict)