Immigration top brass make flying visit to northern borders as back-slapping begins following 8.4 million Chinese tourist arrivals.

rooster59

Immigration top brass make flying visit to northern borders as back-slapping begins following 8.4 million Chinese tourist arrivals.

560000004225701.JPEG

Image: Manager

Immigration bigwig Nathathorn Phrosunthorn made a flying visit to three key border checkpoints in Chiang Rai province yesterday.

The chief and his entourage got to visit Mae Sai, Chiang Saen and Chiang Khong all in a single whistle-stop day.

He was upbeat after it was announced that 8.4 million Chinese visitors had crossed the three borders into Thailand in 2016.

He called the checkpoints "models" for the rest of the country and promised further improvements to boost cross border trade and modernize facilities at the three vital points.

Source: Manager

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-23

And how are they doing that? 8 million Chinese crossing in to Thailand via Myanmar and Laos? 8 million may be the total visiting last year, well down this year.

Maybe some traders but private vehicles have been banned for sometime. Maybe huge numbers of tourists coming down the Mekong on the tramp steamers?

1 minute ago, USPatriot said:

It seems they only care about short time not long time. 8 years two kids and I'm still treated like a tourist. 

Not to mention the money put in to the economy

No mate you are a guest as long as you pay your family's ie  cousins, ants and uncles way you are ok, when your cash dries up or slows down due to changes in the fluctuation of the currency you will be asked to leave. sorry told to leave, its just the way it is as certain uneducated people think us farangs are loaded. They do not have the education to understand we work hard day and night to get the money, they try and scam off us day and night we are here. Life in the 4th world is nice is it NOT

21 minutes ago, Thailand said:

And how are they doing that? 8 million Chinese crossing in to Thailand via Myanmar and Laos? 8 million may be the total visiting last year, well down this year.

Maybe some traders but private vehicles have been banned for sometime. Maybe huge numbers of tourists coming down the Mekong on the tramp steamers?

It is 8m all entry points.

http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/tourist-arrivals-in-thailand-by-country.html

20 minutes ago, USPatriot said:

It seems they only care about short time not long time. 8 years two kids and I'm still treated like a tourist. 

Tell that to those being tossed by ICE back where you come from. I give respect and it is returned. 

13 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Once there was a cry The Russians are coming the Russians are coming..

now it's the Chinese are coming...... and coming, and coming.....

they are already here

look at the owners of the biggest companies

Christ, ridiculous clowns - albeit in brown uniforms which does say something ...

Just 2 days ago local immigration tried to 'summon' a Korean tourist because of his entry-stamp with 3 months of permitted stay - they wanted to see his visa (!) ... idiots.

They were told (via phone) to go and ... well, look up their own bilateral agreement with this country - something they should know best with it being their very JOB and all - can hardly use 'profession' in connection with that bunch, friend Google is of more help any day ...

Basic mistake was that the host engaged that useless gang in the first place by reporting the stay of his guest which was only 2 nights anyway.

Harassing tourists and trying to extract 'tea-money' from them (and the hosts as well), that's what's going on on a daily basis here. Fact.  

Edited by jollyhangmon

Aren't these among the border-crossings, which were seeing a rising number of Chinese-tourists arriving in their cars until fairly recently, and who are now banned from doing so ?

Perhaps a snap-tour of Swampy & Don Muang might have been more appropriate ! :whistling:

Again smoking seriously good weed. 

8.4 million a year is 23'013 passings a day, divided by three (for argument's sake) would be 7'671 Chinese passport holders each and every day. 

Beware of Chiang Saen crossing then as the other two I know. One is crossing into Burma/Myanmar (busy) but not with Chinese and Chiang Khong is a very quite remote outpost. 

All serious BS, if you ask me, but served for a fun day in the North ;-) 

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He called the checkpoints "models" for the rest of the country and promised further improvements to boost cross border trade and modernize facilities at the three vital points.

Bring some money on the next trip for improvements. Even "models" cost money. 

1 hour ago, clockman said:

Corset!

1 hour ago, clockman said:

their shoes don't look very practical, and how does a Thai cop run and jump over a fence chasing a suspect wearing such a tight fitting uniform?

He looks for a phone booth first. You know the old its a bird its a plane routine. 

10 hours ago, USPatriot said:

8 years two kids and I'm still treated like a tourist. 

That's all you will ever be here. To those in charge, you're either Thai or you're just passing through, not worthy of rights or proper respect. Consider yourself lucky they can't make money selling farang meat.

;-)

6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

their shoes don't look very practical, and how does a Thai cop run and jump over a fence chasing a suspect wearing such a tight fitting uniform?

Have you ever seen a Thai cop chase a suspect on foot?

14 hours ago, colinneil said:

Just another tax payer day out jolly.

Nothing constructive or useful achieved.

Actually 8.4 million Chinese decided to come here for multiple reasons none of which has any connection to the Thai immigration service. 

On 2017/4/22 at 8:25 PM, NCC1701A said:

Yes I often wonder why they wear such tight fitting shirts and trousers. Do they think they look smart in those tight fitting uniforms?

I think the Samoan (south seas islanders) police uniform look smart. It's like a skirt (usually white color) . And blue shirt.

14 hours ago, pegman said:

Tell that to those being tossed by ICE back where you come from. I give respect and it is returned. 

Yeah I enter legally yell that to the people being tossed.

My kids can't come to America because some illegal was busted brining a semi truck load if drugs in to america. I'm in a criminal database as a victim I have to carry a special number with me so I don't go to federal prison. My house was raided by the dea. Fbi. Dea. State department and a bunch of  other government angencies.

But at least my son got a visa to see his grand mother for 1 month before she died.  I can tell you the story in person buy you would not care because your heat is bleeding to much.

On 23 April 2017 at 6:28 AM, pegman said:

i think that's what I said contrary to what they said?

"He was upbeat after it was announced that 8.4 million Chinese visitors had crossed the three borders into Thailand in 2016".