Man, 32, killed in big-bike crash in Chon Buri

rooster59

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I agree with both entries here, except for 'max 50 km for bikes'. Even on city streets, the general speed is around 60-65 kms and I like to be able to keep pace with the traffic around me. IMO It's safer that way than being a dawdler.

Don't need your CBR 300 thanks. 150cc is plenty fast enough for me. 

Personally, I cannot, for the life of me understand why ANY country allows such powerful machines on the public roads. Least of all this one!

Agree. A 100-150cc Motorbike is plenty to get around the City or Village.

However  Big Bikes do have their place in Countries where riders have the right attitude and training.

I was riding a Big bike back home as well....I remember well when I made the "Jump" from 125cc to 535cc.

All the extra weight and power was hard to control at the beginning.

Happened too fast that you got into a problem of drifting out on a curve...

Ended with me being shot down by a Car not stopping at a STOP sign.

Luckily it was in the City and my speed was slow.

Got a broken leg as a result...

This got me to stop riding big bikes.

It all happened in a country with lots of Driver training.

Edited by Tom9999

In the video posted by NCC1701A, at the "4:45" mark, is that a crushed motorcycle laying on the pavement next to the parked semi-trucks?.

I guess this idiot can't take a hint.   There's a fair chance his next YT appearance will be the one when he goes splat: live, on camera.  

1 hour ago, TKDfella said:

'...crashing into a tree stump in a ditch in the middle of the road...' A tree stump in the middle of the road? Is that right?

Absolutely- the writer means the central reservation between the lanes of traffic flowing in opposite directions. Its primary purpose is to stop head-on collisions so there are frequently ditches and/ or trees.

1 hour ago, 007cableguy said:

Not sure if this is the same one ? .Too fast and no helmet what possibly can go wrong?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Take a look at the frame at 7 secs. Looks like a flying helmet to me. Last words:

'Oops, I forgot my chin st........'

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

Getting a bike over 150cc seems to be a good way of never having to worry about old age.

Given that the vast majority of road deaths in Thailand are motorcycle related and given that the vast majority of motorcycles in Thailand are under 150cc, there seems to be a bit of a flaw in your statement. 

4 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I agree with both entries here, except for 'max 50 km for bikes'. Even on city streets, the general speed is around 60-65 kms and I like to be able to keep pace with the traffic around me. IMO It's safer that way than being a dawdler.

Don't need your CBR 300 thanks. 150cc is plenty fast enough for me. 

Personally, I cannot, for the life of me understand why ANY country allows such powerful machines on the public roads. Least of all this one!

Driving around in the sticks, it seems to me the most dangerous scooters are those that can't keep up with traffic, yet still take up their fair share of the lane.  Then you have the 50km/hr scooters passing the 40km/hr scooters who are in turn passing the 30km/hr scooters, taking up even more of the lane with 80-110 km/hr cars and trucks blowing by them like they're standing still.  

Of course, going faster safely on a scooter is more than just a matter of power, and the Fino's and Scoopy's seem to have crappy suspension and steering to match their lackluster motors.  Great for getting around the neighborhood, but completely out of their element on a real highway.

If you're not a show-off, I suspect that a higher powered scooter, with handling to match, would be a lot safer than a glorified bicycle with an engine.   That said, I drive a 4 wheel drive vehicle and my Fino's been parked for years and years.  But then, I don't survive on a Thai salary.  I do take motosai taxi's around the neighborhood, but most of those guys are pretty good riders- much better than me anyway.

Edited by impulse

20 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Roads not suitable for big bikes ban them all its killing machines.especially these Ducati freaks.max 50 km for bikes!

Stop being a <deleted>, and at least be consistent in being a <deleted>! 90km 50km 120km. Maybe you fell and banged your head.

21 hours ago, petermik said:

Not news anymore....just everyday life on Thailands roads,will anything ever be done about it?       no :sad:

...how are we expected to see them and react...oh at least he had white gloves on.

It makes me wonder if anyone checks what they write these days before they publish...
"crashing into a tree stump in a ditch in the middle of the road."

A very sad waste of life. 

Pretty weird yes, but it is possible the writer may have checked.
We have seen many strange things pictured in roads built here, electricity poles for one.
And what about pics we have seen of roads no longer existing where they once were, without barriers or signage.
Pity no photo to back up his statement!

22 hours ago, 01322521959 said:

They go straight from a 10 bhp Honda Wave to a a 100++ bhp bike with no additional training.
Government needs to look at the UK for a few ideas.

Sent from my i-mobile_i-STYLE_219 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes the Thais will take a look at The UK for advice, we are in Thailand let them make their own laws and enforce them the way they see fir. If I wanted US laws that is were I would be living

18 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Take a look at the frame at 7 secs. Looks like a flying helmet to me. Last words:

'Oops, I forgot my chin st........'

I thought Thai people never stopped to give assistance

23 hours ago, 01322521959 said:

They go straight from a 10 bhp Honda Wave to a a 100++ bhp bike with no additional training.
Government needs to look at the UK for a few ideas.

Sent from my i-mobile_i-STYLE_219 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Hey - my Honda Wave has only 9.1 bhp! I want that extra 0.9 hp. I left the 175bhp superbike in the states and although I miss it I never regret it. Speed really does kill in Thailand.

10 hours ago, chrissables said:

Stop being a <deleted>, and at least be consistent in being a <deleted>! 90km 50km 120km. Maybe you fell and banged your head.

Maybe u change your mind after another 10,000 Thai young adults made their parents so sad after killing them selves  while speeding on a motorcycle that has way to much power and speed for these roads.Ban them.50 max!

13 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Maybe u change your mind after another 10,000 Thai young adults made their parents so sad after killing them selves  while speeding on a motorcycle that has way to much power and speed for these roads.Ban them.50 max!

As stated, make your mind up. You don't even ride do you? Making up arbitrary speed limits that differ all the time makes you look foolish.

4 hours ago, chrissables said:

As stated, make your mind up. You don't even ride do you? Making up arbitrary speed limits that differ all the time makes you look foolish.

My opinion is that speed limits need to be set lower for all vehicles and enforce with speedcams.big bikes can be banned small bikes max50/60.km.

3 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

My opinion is that speed limits need to be set lower for all vehicles and enforce with speedcams.big bikes can be banned small bikes max50/60.km.

Say the man who does not ride! A tad hypocritical i suggest. But not nearly as retarded as changing the speed limits YOU recommend every post.