border run return to Thailand with non imm 'O'.

11 hours ago, abab said:

Why would they refuse ?...

The law allows two reasons for refusal:

1. Insufficient funds to cover expenses for the intended period of stay.

2. Suspicion of working illegally in Thailand.

17 hours ago, alfredthegreat said:

As I said it means finding another crossing while still in Cambodia, or I lose the multi entry visa and have to come back in on a 30 day.

Don't understand why you would lose the visa. If you want to you can leave by land and fly back in.

Better if you go 3 or 4 days early to Poipet in case they say you can't leave and come back from there. They won't stamp anything in your passport. You can then use one of the other crossings a day or two later.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

Don't understand why you would lose the visa. If you want to you can leave by land and fly back in.

Better if you go 3 or 4 days early to Poipet in case they say you can't leave and come back from there. They won't stamp anything in your passport. You can then use one of the other crossings a day or two later.

I see what you mean now. Makes good sense.

Thanks for the advice.

2 hours ago, alfredthegreat said:

I see what you mean now. Makes good sense.

Thanks for the advice.

Would help me if you report back on Poipet as I have used it a couple of times a year when we didn't do our usual weekend away for my out/in. 

If you haven't been to Poipet before you will probably see a huge queue of people waiting for day passes, don't join that queue. The sign will point you to the upstairs area for non Asian passports, usually not that busy. Let them know you want to do an out/in when you hand over your passport so they don't stamp you out and cause you problems getting back if you know what I mean.

I hope they allow you to do it anyway.

??

Edited by overherebc

On 4/24/2017 at 1:24 PM, ubonjoe said:

The 5th of May is no longer a Thai holiday due to a Cabinet resolution on 11 April 2017.

The border crossings do not close for holidays.

If refused entry you would re-enter Cambodia and go to another crossing to enter. Ban Laem is south of Poi Pet and is not that far away.

from Poi pet to Battambang to Pailin ( Ban Pakkard) is at least  3 1/2hours and 2 bus/shared taxi's

Edited by phuketrichard

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all,

I went to Poipet today for my border run on my Non 'O' multi entry 1 year marriage visa.

I got back just 3 hours ago, and my second time there on the same visa.

There were no problems at all. 

I wasn't asked to show 20kbaht, I was treated the same as before with not a single question.

I was at the counter for less than five minutes.

Therefore I really don't know why some have been refused on the same visa.

I was OK