border run return to Thailand with non imm 'O'.

I think you were advised wrong. I think they were talking about a certain crossing in the south of the country where they ask everybody for 20k baht.

Poi Pet has told people they cannot do a crossing there with a multiple entry non-o visa. No problem at any other crossing to Cambodia.

If in Bangkok a good crossing is also the Ban Phu Nam Ron crossing to Myanmar in Kanchanaburi province.

1 minute ago, alfredthegreat said:

Many thanks for your reply ubonjoe. So does that mean that Poipet/Araneeyapratet does not need the 20k shown?

No report of them wanting the 20k baht. But reports of people being told they cannot do the crossing period. One person was turned away and was not allowed to leave the country.

• Like 1

I did a border run with a multiple NON-O just 3 weeks ago and it was smooth sailing, the only thing I was asked for was to write my Mobile Number on the arrival TM card.

Border was Chong Chom / Kap Choeng (Surin Province)

am I confused or wrong?

"Ban Phu Nam Ron crossing to Myanmar in Kanchanaburi province. "

I use this border all the time to extend my non-O extension, but it is nowhere near Myanmar,

Kanchanaburi is near Rayong (2 1/2 hours from Pattaya).

thaisabai

16 minutes ago, thaisabai said:

am I confused or wrong?

I use this border all the time to extend my non-O extension, but it is nowhere near Myanmar,

thaisabai

You are confusing the crossing at  Pong Nam Ron in Chantaburi province with the Ban Phu Nam Ron crossing in Kanchanaburi.

Map showing the Ban Phu Nam Ron Border Crossing

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, thaisabai said:

am I confused or wrong?

thaisabai

yes you are confused Ban Phu Nam Ron crossing to Myanmar is in Kanchanaburi province. 4/5 hours (guess)from pattaya

you must be thinking of pong nam ron crossing to Cambodia in chantaburi province  2 1/2 hours from pattaya

look at your entry stamp 

Edited by steve187
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, alfredthegreat said:

I go out on the 8th May so I will see what happens.

Many thanks again for feedback.

Re going out/in at Poipet, if that's your intention, I would go 3 or 4 days before your due date just in case they are still refusing people and you have to do a run in another location.

Please post again after your run, helps us to try and keep up to date.

?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I think you were advised wrong. I think they were talking about a certain crossing in the south of the country where they ask everybody for 20k baht.

Poi Pet has told people they cannot do a crossing there with a multiple entry non-o visa. No problem at any other crossing to Cambodia.

If in Bangkok a good crossing is also the Ban Phu Nam Ron crossing to Myanmar in Kanchanaburi province.

What makes it a good crossing Joe?  Can a 1 hour or less turnaround be done?

14 minutes ago, ThaiWai said:

What makes it a good crossing Joe?  Can a 1 hour or less turnaround be done?

It is closer to Bangkok than Poi Pet..

No visa is required for entry to Myanmar. You pay 500 baht for a border pass and 450 baht for transport across no man's land.

A crossing is possible in an hour or less. It just depends upon how busy the crossing is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaisabai said:

am I confused or wrong?

thaisabai

Yes its a good one !

I got a multiple non o marriage visa in Savannakhet last Dec. did a 60 day extension after my first 90 days. Went to Vientiane last Monday to do my first border run to get my next 90 day stamp , I was about 18 days early from the 90 day due date but entering Thailand the immigration guy worked my 90 days out from my entry and not from my passport which gives me the 18 days less. I asked him if he was not supposed to work my ninety days from the due date and I was told not to be arrogant. Could somebody please tell me if I was wrong or do they work it from whenever you enter I was under the impression that I wouldn't lose any days.

Thanks in advance.

6 minutes ago, Kyri said:

Could somebody please tell me if I was wrong or do they work it from whenever you enter I was under the impression that I wouldn't lose any days.

You were wrong. The 90 days  starts from the date you enter the country.

You had no days left from your previous entry. As soon as you departed the country since that was the end of your stay in the country.

• Like 1

Although my 90 day is up on the 10th May with my multi 'O', I am going out on the 4th.

Coronation day 5th, and on the following Wed is the Buddha holiday. 

But as I am going out of Thailand and coming back in at Poipet, what would happen if for any reason I am refused entry back

in Thailand on my 'O' visa?

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

Re going out/in at Poipet, if that's your intention, I would go 3 or 4 days before your due date just in case they are still refusing people and you have to do a run in another location.

Please post again after your run, helps us to try and keep up to date.

?

So do you mean to come back into Thailand at another crossing from Cambodia?

9 minutes ago, alfredthegreat said:

He means that if that border crossing does refuse you ( which has been mentioned ) for trying to do a Visa Run with a Multi Entry Marriage Visa on your last day of the 90 day period you just spent in Thailand you would certainly not have enough time to go running to the border crossing near Poipet so better to go a bit earlier 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, alfredthegreat said:

From a lot of reports it would seem that they have told people not to leave in the first instance, but, as you say if they allow you to leave Thailand you may end up having to return at another point.

The situation there is not exactly clear at the moment so recent updates are always worth getting when possible.

20 minutes ago, alfredthegreat said:

Although my 90 day is up on the 10th May with my multi 'O', I am going out on the 4th.

Coronation day 5th, and on the following Wed is the Buddha holiday. 

But as I am going out of Thailand and coming back in at Poipet, what would happen if for any reason I am refused entry back

in Thailand on my 'O' visa?

The 5th of May is no longer a Thai holiday due to a Cabinet resolution on 11 April 2017.

The border crossings do not close for holidays.

If refused entry you would re-enter Cambodia and go to another crossing to enter. Ban Laem is south of Poi Pet and is not that far away.

5 hours ago, BEVUP said:

He means that if that border crossing does refuse you ( which has been mentioned ) for trying to do a Visa Run with a Multi Entry Marriage Visa on your last day of the 90 day period you just spent in Thailand you would certainly not have enough time to go running to the border crossing near Poipet so better to go a bit earlier 

As I said it means finding another crossing while still in Cambodia, or I lose the multi entry visa and have to come back in on a 30 day.

7 hours ago, BEVUP said:

Why would they refuse ?! No reason. Just need to explain them clearly how much noise you would make if they don't open the door.

• Like 1