Non b least hassle

I have just been informed by my employer that my application to turn my tourist visa into non b was turned down at Korat immigration and I need to apply out of the country. I have no Thai police check so unless that can be done quickly I'm looking for an embassy or consulate that hasn't been asking for this part of the documentation. At the moment I'm thinking Savannakhet. Anyone been there recently? Still have over two weeks left on my initial 60 day tourist entry.

Are you working for a company or are you teaching at a school?

You do not need the police clearance unless you are a teacher. If teaching as far as I know all nearby embassies and consulates want a Thai police clearance certificate.

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Aussie D said:

Just an update, the consulate in Savanaket gave me the visa without asking for the criminal check despite having it listed on the required documents on their notice board. Lucky I guess.

Sorry, but what else did you require?  I am about to send a person we want to eventually hire there.  I've done my own "O" visa there, so know the drill, but not sure on the "B" visa.  Other than a letter support from the Company, what else did you need?  Non teaching position. 

27 minutes ago, kurtmartens said:

Sorry, but what else did you require?  I am about to send a person we want to eventually hire there.  I've done my own "O" visa there, so know the drill, but not sure on the "B" visa.  Other than a letter support from the Company, what else did you need?  Non teaching position. 

For a non-b other than teaching a work permit application approval letter or a WP3 receipt will be needed.

Here is Vientiane's requirements which are the same as Savannakhe'st. http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/upload/pdf/Visa/Non-B business.pdf