Outrage after Facebook Live murder of baby

webfact

57 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

I could live very easy without Facebook

It's like a rotten fruit, it starts off as some thing good and ends up, after it's been through a few hands, as something that is decaying rapidly and spreads disease everywhere.

Very astutely said, KK Dave.

As far as I am aware, FB brings very little in the way of benefit to the human table.

It could be used for example, to help people in emergency situations get help when needed, but I haven't seen reports of this.  All I have seen is this sort of perverted behaviour.

There are no societal advantages to its existence, but of course there are billions of business advantages.  Maybe the description 'social media' is just another example of an oxymoron, similar to 'jumbo shrimp'.

My wife and I, and many of my friends don't go anywhere near it.

Cheers, UW.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, UniqueWord said:

Very astutely said, KK Dave.

As far as I am aware, FB brings very little in the way of benefit to the human table.

It could be used for example, to help people in emergency situations get help when needed, but I haven't seen reports of this.  All I have seen is this sort of perverted behaviour.

There are no societal advantages to its existence, but of course there are billions of business advantages.  Maybe the description 'social media' is just another example of an oxymoron, similar to 'jumbo shrimp'.

My wife and I, and many of my friends don't go anywhere near it.

Cheers, UW.

Sadly, when face book came on line it was a good idea. But one gets a good idea and it gets infiltrated by people that want to spoil it, and call it "freedom of the news"Now FB is nothing but a vessel for every perverted, sick minded cretin, and other miscreants, such as those that use it for secret messages to contact terrorists. This is not freedom of the press, it is a public security risk, and it has to be eliminated.

The British (of which i am one) are very good at eliminating national security risks, without giving it a second thought Princess Diana Was a prime example.

If they can remove a member of the Royal family, it should be a breeze to remove Face Book.

1 hour ago, Langsuan Man said:

If Facebook can't step up to the plate and do something about this misuse of their product then maybe the authorities need to step in and do it for them

I agree. There is little I can ad to the outpouring of grief on this subject. The world seems to have turned a corner of sensationalism. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

“In the United States there are monitoring programmes to link suicidal people to help hotlines,” he said. “We should have such features in Thailand too.” 

This also was a hot button issue with me as yes they need these services here not more military hardware.

A very sad and tragic story. RIP, little girl.

Let's keep the onus on the man who did this. FB need to sort their s*** out. If taking away FB live will stop these horrific crimes happening, then good. But the problem will just fester somewhere else. We have a big problem on our hands and need to tackle its fundamentals. 

Heartbreaking, what a beautiful little baby..trusting her parents to love and protect her.and this happens ..well if there is a Heaven , she's there...and that miserable scmbg is, I pray, rotting in  hell ...thai men are garbage human beings.

2 hours ago, uchibenkei said:

Mental illness is a problem in just about every country I'll bet.  Instead of male bashing, we should look for ways to improve detection and treatment.  It's the only way to prevent these tragedies from happening. 

Yes you are probably right, but that looking for ways to improve, detect, and treat, certainly isn't doing the mother any good right now. Nor the people who have kids and can understand the hatred of a Weak, sick, cretin. What was it? was he sulking because his wife had left him and didnt love him anymore. Just another POS, with a ego as frail as a hens egg, and a "this will really show her" attitude. Mental illness,? When did that occur? He was just going to make his wife suffer for what she did.

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

No one is male bashing.

They are pointing out how fb is unable to prevent this sort of thing being uploaded, that those who watch and share videos like this are utterly worthless creatures and this man was scum.

All are pertinent points.

Look a few posts up.  "What is wrong with Thai so called men?"  Every thread with a male criminal has these kinds of posts.

2 minutes ago, uchibenkei said:

Look a few posts up.  "What is wrong with Thai so called men?"  Every thread with a male criminal has these kinds of posts.

None the less the majority of post are pertinent and on topic.

No one is specifically male bashing as you claimed.

43 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Yes you are probably right, but that looking for ways to improve, detect, and treat, certainly isn't doing the mother any good right now. Nor the people who have kids and can understand the hatred of a Weak, sick, cretin. What was it? was he sulking because his wife had left him and didnt love him anymore. Just another POS, with a ego as frail as a hens egg, and a "this will really show her" attitude. Mental illness,? When did that occur? He was just going to make his wife suffer for what she did.

How is painting all thai men with the same brush helping anybody?  By all means criticise this man for what he did, but enough with stereotyping all thai men.

4 hours ago, habanero said:

"It could be influenced by behaviour from abroad, most recently in Cleveland," Kissana told Reuters.

Sure it must be OK, because someone else did it!

Sick, I mean really Sick!

I don't think it was a copy-cat type of scenario..
He found evidence of her maybe having an affair on her mobile phone which led to an argument.

he was enraged enough or felt betrayed enough that he wanted to commit suicide & take the life of their daughter as a final parting  punishment to make her suffer as he had.
I don't think that as you say "could be influenced" by others had done it even entered his mind.
Whether you agree or not with his actions, if he was unstable enough in his mind, a very jealous type or was suffering in some other capacity suicide sometimes looks like the only way out.

The fact that he took his daughters life to me suggests that he wanted to punish his wife's infidelity by taking something precious away from her, and let all family & friends witness it online.

Simply tragic.

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

None the less the majority of post are pertinent and on topic.

No one is specifically male bashing as you claimed.

No one = 0 and I just pointed out someone who is.  So saying "nobody" is wrong.

Just now, uchibenkei said:

No one = 0 and I just pointed out someone who is.  So saying "nobody" is wrong.

You said ''male bashing''.

That is different from the post you refer to.

Also 1 is hardly representative of the thread.

1 hour ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

What!!!! Are we showering rose petals over the world here? FB is a modern technology. Bombs have been about for centuries. Chemical weapons decades. They bring precious little to the 'human table'. Nor do guns etc.

There seems to be more outrage with FB than the actual murder and suicide. It was a family dispute turned terribly bad. From our perspective (farang's) he was mentally deranged too.

All these religions that promise a good life after death have their dark moments. If people, Thais included, realised that this life is the one and only one then it would be treasured far more.

Did he assume (or know) that the baby was not his? Infanticide of that type is common in animals.

If he actually knew the baby was his, that is more bizarre. In that case, presumably the act was intended as supreme retribution for perceived and unbearable injustice.

In any case, a twisted and terrible reminder of the animal beneath the skin.

5 hours ago, tomyummer said:

Bad enough for the violence and innocent victims, but to post it online (or film it live) is just plain evil and serves no purpose. Our society takes and abuses useful technology to the point where we probably shouldn't have it available to us. What a tragedy. Poor little one, RIP.

..take yourself out anytime...but leave them kids alone.

I went onto the father and the mothers facebook, it seems like they've been broken up for at least a month, so I don't know how long the baby was with him. It seems weird to leave a baby with an abusive father.

All her facebook status's are just about how she misses him.

I guess the weirdest thing for me was, people posting pictures of him and the baby hanging next to each other onto his facebook wall. Like, do people really wanna see that? It's weird how people post photos of dead people in Thailand, so creepy for me.

Sometimes I hope there is a hell, just for people like that, and RIP to the little baby เบต้า. :sad:

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

What!!!! Are we showering rose petals over the world here? FB is a modern technology. Bombs have been about for centuries. Chemical weapons decades. They bring precious little to the 'human table'. Nor do guns etc.

There seems to be more outrage with FB than the actual murder and suicide. It was a family dispute turned terribly bad. From our perspective (farang's) he was mentally deranged too.

All these religions that promise a good life after death have their dark moments. If people, Thais included, realised that this life is the one and only one then it would be treasured far more.

I think you want to go back over your reading because i never said that. I suggest you recheck id 32. Then i shall sit and expect your apology.

2 hours ago, uchibenkei said:

4 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

3 hours ago, uchibenkei said:

How is painting all thai men with the same brush helping anybody?  By all means criticise this man for what he did, but enough with stereotyping all thai men.

Where do i say, i am criticizing all Thai men. I am critisizing this one for what he did. Unfortunately  Thailand is populated by Thai men, if it was a Cambodian, then i would criticize him,Loas man same same etc etc. Are you aware of the amount of killings, burning's, beatings, rapes, shootings, etc that are carried out on Thai women by their spouses or boyfriends. Their ego's are very frail.Call to mind the guy that killed his girl friend simply because she was clever and attending university,Jealousy, and fear of losing her was the reason.And the fact that she was more intelligent than him. You dont call that a frail male ego?  It doesn't have to stop there, what about the possible crimes that may be committed on women in the elite classes that we probably never hear about.There have been many killings of children here by their father's for any number of reasons. Thai men love to subjugate women, and they do it mercilessly.If you are going to live in this 3rd world country then you need to keep abreast of all the death's of women, men , ferangs, and other's, while you are here, and then your attitude may change. Until then if you want to go native and protect all the Thai men that do commit atrocious crimes on their family's and girl friends, then kindly do not critisize me for my opinions.

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Well? did you see it wasnt me that posted the post that you accused me of?

7 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

The BBC is saying it was they who informed both fb and YouTube about the video and had it removed. 

2,300 plus ghouls watched it before this happened. 

None reported it. 

Scum. 

Don't be so polite..... 

Owl sees all.

Thank you Dave for putting me straight.

I am sure this terrible incident would have happened anyway but it seems to me that he used FB to somehow hurt a third party/parties.

We know little about the family involved. Yet it has touched our heart and souls.

FB is modern technology and is here to stay.

9 hours ago, starky said:

Words cant even begin to describe the horror of this tragedy. RIP little one. <deleted> facebook,  what is going on the world? How was this shit allowed to stay online for 24 hours and shame on the nearly 400000 people who viewed. Fuckin disgusting.

Thai Facebook is out of control. They have live sex shows, stip shows, animal abuse live, and anything else you can think of, and all of it is against Facebook's terms. I've reported so much crap and it stays online. I don't get it. Whoever is running Facebook in Thailand needs to lose their job.

20 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Owl sees all.

Thank you Dave for putting me straight.

I am sure this terrible incident would have happened anyway but it seems to me that he used FB to somehow hurt a third party/parties.

We know little about the family involved. Yet it has touched our heart and souls.

FB is modern technology and is here to stay.

My friend, it made me cry, and put me in a terrible temper, i wanted to bring him back to life and kill him all over again. But i am a dad, with 13 years of being a full time single dad. I have a daughter, and i cannot explain how i felt.

As for the face book thing. I have nothing really against technology. I can remember when i was a kid, my grand mother used to tell my parents that i watched too much television.My parents answer was that i was being educated.Take things like Sesame street and the other educational programs that helped kids count and read. And the world became a smaller place. Otherwise we would still be thinking that Inuit Eskimo's still rub noses.  And now,of course the computer is a great thing. no child need ever be ignorant, with the super highway at hand.

I just feel that when they find out that FB is being used for terrorists sending secret messages to their cells and the murder of a baby is shown on it, then there has to be some kind of restrictive  areas that are able to prevent that sort of viewing.

I hope that clears things up between us.

KKD.