Wow it is real quiet here, nobody is drinking to much?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/21/2018 at 6:41 PM, Nobbie49 said:

Yep most people (yes Most) on this forum write its when it should be it’s and vice versa. Their when it should be there or they’re. Appalling. Elementary Dr Watson!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Nobbie I like the cut of your jib. Your posts read as though they could have come from me. Not plagiarisng me are you.? :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2017 at 1:16 AM, KelSolaar said:

I go on week-long benders of beer and sometimes the odd whiskey, smoking fags too. I feel so bad and my body is emaciated from not eating properly, my guts completely scrambled.

Then I abstain for a week and a half, go running on the beach, swim, pump weights, eat a ton of fruit and veg, feel amazing. Then I binge drink, smoke and eat little/ eat cr*ap again.

This has been my life for about 10 years and I can't find a way to stop. It's not too bad. Bit of each side of the coin.

I am not aware of your age, but for me I was in my late 30’s when my daily alcohol use caused a hiatal hernia. When I would go to bed I would start coughing then the contents of my stomach would end up on my pillow. That along with a great fear of driving under the influence and hurting or killing someone convinced me to quit drinking about 32 years ago. My last night out drinking at 3:30 am I came to driving curb to curb on a major coastal  highway not knowing how I got there. That was enough for me. My favorite drinking place stocked a few cases of flavored sparkling mineral water just for me. 

On 6/10/2017 at 7:41 AM, bbi1 said:

Ok I'll admit it, I drink too much water everyday. But not enough to die from water intoxication. What should I do to cure my sickness? Is there a "Water Intoxications Anonymous" somewhere in BKK I can go and attend? Please help be Wilson Smith!

Thats a tough one. My problem is not drinking enough water. As a result I get kidney stones terribly painful. 

On 8/2/2017 at 3:34 PM, taiwanatoa said:

What the Hell does " to much " mean ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I would say when drinking causes a significant problem in living life. This could be financial or physical, (medical) as well as emotional or family problems. But one cannot say another is alcoholic, a person must decide that themself. 

True but when you are faced with someone who is stupidly drunk several times a week, if not exactly daily, and obviously damaging his body and/or his life it is difficult to think anything else.

On 15/03/2018 at 9:58 AM, KiChakayan said:

More than one beer or one glass of wine a day. 

Some doctors say anything over zero...

Other research says 1-2 a day has some positive impacts.

I think athletes are a good guide. They mostly avoid it when in competition.

1 hour ago, Justfine said:

Other research says 1-2 a day has some positive impacts.

I think athletes are a good guide. They mostly avoid it when in competition.

Yes, but we could also bear in mind that alcohol kills more than tobacco, and that both are way ahead of all the other substances, which are illegal. 

This could lead us to think that prohibition does work...

On 4/4/2018 at 6:38 PM, Golden Triangle said:

So my half dozen large Archa,s a day followed by maybe a glass or 2 of Red wine or a couple of large G n T.s is too much then ?

Indeed.

But I can reassure you I drink too much too at times . Just come back from a 3 weeks holiday where I share a bottle of wine with my wife, daily. But right now I am finishing a teetotal week.

Archived