Parents to press charges against kindergarten school for alleged abuses of their 2-year old child

webfact

30 minutes ago, Minnie the Minx said:

Agree with that one.  Richard's post.

Early years is not about education as such it is more about social and interaction, developing the social skills of sharing, inquiring minds, learning through play. 

This little one is two year old. Those bruises made me ill. Poor little kid. At that age they are discovering the world and having fun exploring whether in the home or in some care facility beating and abusing a kid is a crime. 

Indeed...   this is quite tragic, but also fortunate that the parents responded as soon as they noticed the issue and there has been such publicity... 

As AGareth2 alluded to, I wonder how much more of this goes on... That does not mean Children should be prevented from attending these schools or that sending them to such establishments is abuse. It does highlight the need for better oversight, especially at government establishments where issues are more likely to be swept under the carpet (face saving).... 

There are so many aspects here in Thailand which require a better level of oversight and accountability... the largest issue I have witnessed (news reports) over the past few years is the Mini-Van issue with little children being forgotten and  locked inside these vans... 

Edited by richard_smith237

15 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Really?

And how many have you been to either as a pupil, parent or teacher?

He clearly hasn't... its just an opportunity to posture that he has a better education than many around him, in doing so attempting to look better, in truth looking foolish... 

However, he did write 'most' and not all, which I'm sure he will use as his caveat against a the accusation of a sweeping slur against Thai schools.

For the record: Some of the Schools in Thailand are excellent, the standards of which by far supersede many of the Schools in our home countries (i.e. Harrow, Pattaya, ISB, NIST).... 

Edited by richard_smith237

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

How do you know?  Do you work at a Kindergarten? have you witnessed these issues yourself

18 months

They had a pre- kindergarten class for 2 year olds

felt really sorry for some of the children

many thrived on the social interaction and the activities but a fair proportion were unhappy and thus hard to handle

even with caring staff

Whomever above had a shot at me, cheers. BeD, MeD, MBA worked at Pattana International, want to know what I'm wearing now? Sheesh.

Taking shots at folks who put their kids in childcare is over the top, or people who are qualified to give an opinion on education practices. This is about child abuse.

3 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

18 months

They had a pre- kindergarten class for 2 year olds

felt really sorry for some of the children

many thrived on the social interaction and the activities but a fair proportion were unhappy and thus hard to handle

even with caring staff

I saw similar reactions from some of the Children at playgroups and now at Nursery and Kindergarten...

Some kids are extremely clingy and shy... I'd consider these institutions even more important for such children. 

A lot of inflamed posting on this forum.

I think most people need to agree that many couples both need to work to escape the poverty syndrome.

Parents can be loving parents even though some hours of childcare is spent with some institution. The child only remembers happy memories, not who it was with.

Someone in a childcare institution abused a 2 year old infant. Two others watched and did not intervene. 

Yet some seek to blame the parents. Infantile opinions at best.