Merkel warns Britons - don't delude yourself over Brexit

snoop1130

18 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Quality like VW?

The VW most superior to anything the UK has ever produced< otherwise VW would not own most UK upscale Cars. VW will improve them to be competitive again. Stop crying, as soon as you can find colonies again you will superior again. At the moment the Indian are stealing your show.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, jobwolf said:

The VW most superior to anything the UK has ever produced< otherwise VW would not own most UK upscale Cars. VW will improve them to be competitive again. Stop crying, as soon as you can find colonies again you will superior again. At the moment the Indian are stealing your show.

Oh the VW, an idea suggested by Hitler. Germany would not have any car industries if it wasn't for the money the US pumped in after the war.

1 minute ago, vogie said:

Oh the VW, an idea suggested by Hitler. Germany would not have any car industries if it wasn't for the money the US pumped in after the war.

He he , the good old US. Saved you from having to learn German

12 hours ago, oilinki said:

I the quite near future we all are buying electric cars. Not gasoline nor diesel cars.Things change when we progress.

Not about cars,engines etc.  trouble with the krauts versus the English is you have never forgotten the war,two of them actually. Never discussed or mentioned,but its always there like a massive chip on your shoulders.

hardly anybody gives a toss for germany in the UK,but the quicker you sling your damned hook the better... the EU will tear itself apart in time,but at the mo its all focussed on the Uk for departing the sinking ship. just bugger off..ski

14 hours ago, CharlieK said:

What of Le Pen will she pull off a frexit! will Frau Merkel have a Job in September. What of the two tier EU where the Pigs are left to wallow in the mire while northern EU countries forge on ahead. You really haven't solved the problem the Euro has caused either, wonder how strong that will be once you stop getting UK contributions.   

Do you realize that a weak euro would make UK products and services less competitive?

Both Brexiters and Remainers are exaggerating the consequences of Brexit. On the Brexiters side, it's extremely wishful thinking that the UK has much leverage. What economic cards does it have to play? In addition I often see invoked the disunity of the EU as somehow working in favor of the UK. Actually, the opposite is the case.  It only takes one nation to veto an agreement. In which case the UK is treated just like any other non-EU nation.

On the other hand, the Remainers exaggerate how bad the economic consequences will be. Yes, the UK will have slower economic growth.  But it will still have growth. And trade will be governed according to WTO rules. Tariffs are mostly very low. So maybe to many or most  Brexiters less economic growth is worth it not to be members of the EU.

2 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Both Brexiters and Remainers are exaggerating the consequences of Brexit. On the Brexiters side, it's extremely wishful thinking that the UK has much leverage. What economic cards does it have to play? In addition I often see invoked the disunity of the EU as somehow working in favor of the UK. Actually, the opposite is the case.  It only takes one nation to veto an agreement. In which case the UK is treated just like any other non-EU nation.

On the other hand, the Remainers exaggerate how bad the economic consequences will be. Yes, the UK will have slower economic growth.  But it will still have growth. And trade will be governed according to WTO rules. Tariffs are mostly very low. So maybe to many or most  Brexiters less economic growth is worth it not to be members of the EU.

You show that you still see economics as the only factor involved. As far as I can gather, it is only about 3rd in priority for most people who voted to leave. 

5 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Just now, nauseus said:

You show that you still see economics as the only factor involved. As far as I can gather, it is only about 3rd in priority for most people who voted to leave. 

Clearly, you didn't read the last sentence of my comment. I've put it in boldface and italics.

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

Clearly, you didn't read the last sentence of my comment. I've put it in boldface and italics.

I read it but all of the rest of your post concerns economic effects.  

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I read it but all of the rest of your post concerns economic effects.  

Are you just hungry for contention? I'll leave it to others to judge what the significance is of the final sentence sentence in my post. Here it is:

So maybe to many or most  Brexiters less economic growth is worth it not to be members of the EU.

When are people going to get IT. It's not about Economics. It's about unelected men with no recourse to them. Making Decisions for 500 million people in secret. That's Dictatorship. Britain fought two world wars for freedom. That's what it's about. Nothing to do with money or Economlcs.

When are people going to get IT. It's not about Economics. It's about unelected men with no recourse to them. Making Decisions for 500 million people in secret. That's Dictatorship. Britain fought two world wars for freedom. That's what it's about. Nothing to do with money or Economlcs.

Even in big bold capitals, some on here will remain in denial/ignorant & still not get that fact.

The EU has proven it's unfit for purpose, the UK is pursuing a global future not simply tied to a tunnel vision dictatorship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Thongkorn said:

Abso bloody lutely ,faceless unelected beaurocrats with no concern for the UK people telling...no directing...us on what they decide is best for our country.............fark them :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

Are you just hungry for contention? I'll leave it to others to judge what the significance is of the final sentence sentence in my post. Here it is:

So maybe to many or most  Brexiters less economic growth is worth it not to be members of the EU.

As I said, I was not just referring to the last sentence of your post. No contest as far as I am concerned.

5 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Do you realize that a weak euro would make UK products and services less competitive?

It may very well happen, In or Out of the EU! so maybe it doesn't matter if the UK leave or not, either way there are consequences for both if the Euro collapses.  

18 hours ago, vogie said:

And equipping 11 million diesel cars with faulty emission software, the mind can only boggle. Japanese cars these days are more reliable than our German counterparts, fact. But I know you fly the flag for Germany and you will probably never be swayed.

I suspect you are not an engineer?

The VW engine management was not a reliability issue ( incidentally, my wheel barrow in more reliable than my wife's Toyota Fortuner. Does that make it a better vehicle? )

I should explain that engine management takes information from a dozen sensors or so sensors including throttle position, fuel temp, engine temp, vehicle speed, plenum depression, air temp, etc. These are used to set injection pulse timing and duration, cam shaft timing and others. The purpose is to maximise performance when required and otherwise deliver maximum economy. ALL engines deliver worse economy and emissions when being driven fully loaded, uphill on the freeway. 

Vehicle tests are badly specified and the results meaningless. OK Volkswagen got shot. But the real culprit is the test specification. Did you know official test figures are produced using special test cars with a jockey driving, no spare, 1 pint of fuel, often no battery etc etc.

I don't just like German cars, I also have a thing about Alfas and I drive Land Rover (a V8 since you ask; don't mention fuel economy or reliability!)

19 hours ago, teddog said:

Majority of Brits want out of EU...'nuff said?

A suspect a majority of the English triggered, my bad, nuff said, innit crowd want out ?

Edited by Grouse

18 hours ago, oilinki said:

I the quite near future we all are buying electric cars. Not gasoline nor diesel cars.Things change when we progress.

And the energy will come from nuclear power plants. Correct!

7 hours ago, vogie said:

I rather suspect Ferdinand Porsche would have successful regardless! Don't you?  People's car was a great idea? Just like the mini and Fiat 500?

6 hours ago, teddog said:

Not about cars,engines etc.  trouble with the krauts versus the English is you have never forgotten the war,two of them actually. Never discussed or mentioned,but its always there like a massive chip on your shoulders.

hardly anybody gives a toss for germany in the UK,but the quicker you sling your damned hook the better... the EU will tear itself apart in time,but at the mo its all focussed on the Uk for departing the sinking ship. just bugger off..ski

Oh dear.....how embarrassing 

Edited by Grouse

5 hours ago, Thongkorn said:

We fought two world wars for freedom? We've always had freedom, we still have. Do I really need to explain the history? Probably...?

5 hours ago, citybiker said:

Even in big bold capitals, some on here will remain in denial/ignorant & still not get that fact.

The EU has proven it's unfit for purpose, the UK is pursuing a global future not simply tied to a tunnel vision dictatorship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's been damn good for the UK.

Most issues which give cause for complaint are Westminster issues, not Brussels.

7 hours ago, vogie said:

Says he who is speaking English, bit ironic don't you think. You must be so proud? 

Are us Germans and Austrians not permitted to speak English.  At least we are prepared to learn

another Language or many if it comes to that.

50 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Guess whose salaries are falling most?

Please don't mention falling salaries. It's all the Krauts fault They should produce less quality so they can fall in

line with the rest of Europe. By the way who is shoring up the EU and covering for the lazy countries.

Hail the Krauts.

53 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I rather suspect Ferdinand Porsche would have successful regardless! Don't you?  People's car was a great idea? Just like the mini and Fiat 500?

As a nazi and ss member Porsche who used slave labour for his production of the tanks etc that were used to kill our allied troops, I suggest he was maybe lucky he did not hang at Nurenberg. The Fiat 500 was a great little car, especially going down hills, but I know people that have owned them, and the passengers had to get out going up hill.

On 4/27/2017 at 9:55 PM, oilinki said:

Europeans share common goal and unity in this negotiation.

Half of the Brits long after the old days, the time when UK ruled India, Australia and Canada along the other commonwealth countries. The glorious Empire times!

The smarter half will adapt to the situation and tries to make the best deal possible for UK.

The brexiters will once again do great damage for future British generations. 

"The Europeans share common goal and unity in this negotiation"

Since when? During the negotiations you will discover exactly how DISUNITED the 27 member countries can be, with each fighting to secure its own interests, including Mrs Merkel regarding the German car industry.  All parties will talk tough at the beginning but compromises will have to be made on both sides.  The French election is still in the balance, which is yet another factor to be considered, along with the German election later this year.  Also the 60 billion euro allegedly due by Britain on exit will be whittled down to a more reasonable figure, since surely the UK is entitled to a share of the EU's assets as well as its liabilities.

32 minutes ago, jobwolf said:

Are us Germans and Austrians not permitted to speak English.  At least we are prepared to learn

another Language or many if it comes to that.

Of course you can speak english, you wouldn't get far in the world if you didn't. I speak german and french, and trying to learn thai. But in english we have a saying "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" I will let you work that one out.