What age gap is acceptable?

CG1 Blue

Speaking of Brad Pitt, the guy has been a real mess since his divorce.  Hitting the sauce, losing weight, and just being real lonely. 

[“I was boozing too much,” he shared. “It’s just become a problem. And I’m really happy it’s been half a year now, which is bittersweet, but I’ve got my feelings in my fingertips again.”
“Truthfully I could drink a Russian under the table with his own vodka,” he added. “I was a professional. I was good.”]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/brad-pitt-post-divorce-interview-gq-style_us_5909cd53e4b05c397684a07c

But unlike the typical failed-farangs that you might find in Pattaya, Mr. Pitt's next GF/wife will be a Grade A hottie.  I wonder what his feelings are on the age gap question?  

Brad soon to be spotted consoling himself in the gogos?

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Brad soon to be spotted consoling himself in the gogos?

Wouldn't it be funny if Brad Pitt was strolling down Walking Street and some BG yells out the typical BG line "hey hansum man, you look just like Brad Pitt!" 

On 5/3/2017 at 9:18 PM, BigKahuna said:

It is creepy. A 2yo having a 60 to 65yo dad is not normal.

Sad for the kid but hey who cares right.

My dad was 50 when I was born.  And the age gap between him an my mom were 15 years.  So he lived until he were in his 90's after smoking 40 cigarettes daily .  Despite that he had a healthy and active life until the end so being old doesn't mean you'll end up unhappy in a marriage . My parents are both dead now but they did a good job taking care of the family.  I would say being a dad at 60 is pushing it to the limit but still acceptable if the old guy is healthy ,  Unfortunately many of them are not living a good lifestyle at that age and will die before the kid gets old. 

1 hour ago, transam said:

Let us know when you reach 18 years of age eh...................

^ Funny how the reality is painful for some....Eh.....LOL

What I do not get is the denial by so many. Why don't they just say it for what it is. If some guy came on here and said I am with a gal 25 or 30 years younger then I am because I want to be and I know its not love but an agreement I would respect them a lot more then the ones that say "She loves me for me". Its delusional in most cases. 

But hey, whatever works....

1 minute ago, JAFO said:

What I do not get is the denial by so many. Why don't they just say it for what it is. If some guy came on here and said I am with a gal 25 or years younger then I am because I want to be and I know its not love but an agreement I would respect them a lot more then the ones that say "She loves me for me". Its delusional in most cases. 

But then YOU are making assumptions about what partners are talking about.....It's none of your or my business.....We all have individual lives without the thought of someone looking over our shoulder chastising.....Sad folk do that stuff...

On 5/3/2017 at 10:33 PM, richard_smith237 said:

For those with Children...  I ask an open and innocent question: 

How would you feel to see your 20-25 year old offspring dating or married to a 60 year old partner ?

I have 2 daughters, mid and late 20's. Honestly If one came home with some old guy i'd be terribly disappointed. Why, well what future exists there for her.?  Having a child with a 60 year old? Family opportunities, Traveling, growing and developing a long term relationship,  The woman would be quickly eliminated by her friends because most of them would have men their own age so the old guy would be out of place at outings and gatherings. It has diminishing returns. Of course I speak of the US.

Here well that's another story altogether.....

10 minutes ago, JAFO said:

What I do not get is the denial by so many. Why don't they just say it for what it is. If some guy came on here and said I am with a gal 25 or 30 years younger then I am because I want to be and I know its not love but an agreement I would respect them a lot more then the ones that say "She loves me for me". Its delusional in most cases. 

I think the issue is that for many the reality is far from the accusation. 

Many guys have been with their wives for many years. They are in mutually respectful, healthy relationships. Yet some are taring all age gaps with the same 'love for money' brush which quite frankly is offensive and disrespectful to the many respectable, honest and loving wives of many of the posters on this forum.

I think some posters comments need to clearly distinguish who their comments are aimed at... ie. not those who are in mutually respectful relationships, regardless of age gap to those who have simply thrown money at a younger piece of flesh.... 

13 minutes ago, transam said:

But then YOU are making assumptions about what partners are talking about.....It's none of your or my business.....We all have individual lives without the thought of someone looking over our shoulder chastising.....Sad folk do that stuff...

Its a forum,

This is all about assumptions, opinion and speculation no?

1 minute ago, JAFO said:

Its a forum,

This is all about assumptions, opinion and speculation no?

And sadly folk here post about seeing an older guy with a younger lady. If a film or rock star it's OK, but if someone like me it's a problem........Now why is that, cos a film or rock star ain't seen on the street but Trans is............Gawd......Some of you should find a bird, do your thing and mind your own business............:guitar:

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Many guys have been with their wives for many years. They are in mutually respectful, healthy relationships. Yet some are taring all age gaps with the same 'love for money' brush which quite frankly is offensive and disrespectful to the many respectable, honest and loving wives of many of the posters on this forum.

I think some posters comments need to clearly distinguish who their comments are aimed at... ie. not those who are in mutually respectful relationships, regardless of age gap to those who have simply thrown money at a younger piece of flesh.... 

Mine is not pointed at anyone, it is generally speaking. To me it makes no difference, what ever works and all good. I just comment on the ones that defend it.They shouldn't. Because if it really didn't matter then no reason to justify...right?

There is clearly a mix of folks on here that have relationships that work and then there are some with arrangements. But its a forum and we all have opinions and some may charge others up. I met a foreigner guy not too long ago and we got to talking. During the discussion he mentioned that he was with a gal that was pretty young and it was a odd feeling but he admitted that he cared for her but no way he could love her. I respected that honest statement. 

1 minute ago, transam said:

And sadly folk here post about seeing an older guy with a younger lady. If a film or rock star it's OK, but if someone like me it's a problem........Now why is that, cos a film or rock star ain't seen on the street but Trans is............Gawd......Some of you should find a bird, do your thing and mind your own business............:guitar:

Why do you feel compelled to defend your position if it really doesn't matter?

Lets face it, the reality is that a vast majority of old foreign men come here to buy/rent/lease a gal that they couldn't even dream of ever having in their home country. Its really not complicated. The ones that spend hours defending and justifying it really know the deal. The references to the handful of older men with young gals in the US are outliers in the grand scheme of things but still raise eyebrows nonetheless.

I see old coffin dodgers strolling along with what appear to be teens and it just looks so wrong on so many levels but hey if she can close her eyes and pretend for a few baht that she is with some hansum man then more power to the guy but please do not say she "Loves Me"

As for the age gap, my opinion it would be based on the age of the couple. I personally think 50 or so and anything less than 35 has to be a real challenge because I have said most Asian girls maturity and intellect level is 5 to 7 years behind so that really means a 35 year old has the maturity of 28 yr old if lucky and I mean Asian Maturity, not a 28 year old western gal to a 28 year old Asian gal.  So I say take the age and subtract at least 7 years to assess maturity. Now I know there are guys that say "My GF is 30 years younger and we get along great". I have seen a few those relationships real time and if you actually see them its like a father talking to a daughter more than a relationship. Its pretty sad to watch a grown man digress to the point he talks like a grade school child in broken English to communicate. Might explain why so many foreigners drink. Numbs the reality of it all. LOL

Waiver..... I post "Generally Speaking"

Yes. Generally speaking bull

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just now, JAFO said:

Why do you feel compelled to defend your position if it really doesn't matter?

It is not my position, I am someone who likes to look at stuff from every angle....For instance, my late mum married a guy 20 years younger than her.....Did I shout from the roof tops about it....NO, she/they were happy, they were happy until the day he died....

30 minutes ago, JAFO said:

I have 2 daughters, mid and late 20's. Honestly If one came home with some old guy i'd be terribly disappointed. Why, well what future exists there for her.?  Having a child with a 60 year old? Family opportunities, Traveling, growing and developing a long term relationship,  The woman would be quickly eliminated by her friends because most of them would have men their own age so the old guy would be out of place at outings and gatherings. It has diminishing returns. Of course I speak of the US.

Here well that's another story altogether.....

Ive 2 boys in their 20's, Id love nothing more than for them to hook u with and older minted lady.

45 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I agree but how would or could they possibly know where to aim there pathetic drivel 

3 minutes ago, RowdyAlpha said:

Morals

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Morals what are they then. Is it moral for politicians from all countries to defraud there country! Is it moral for one man to hold power over everyone in his country. Everyones idea of morals is diffrent. Personaly my morals are under age sex should be punishable by life in prison men or women. Looking after my family and brothers of which i have many after that morals go out of the window. 

25 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Ive 2 boys in their 20's, Id love nothing more than for them to hook u with and older minted lady.

All other things being equal... would you prefer them to hook up with an older minted lated or a minted lady of similar age ?

.... of course, to avoid answering the question many would answer - as long as they are happy it doesn't matter... and really, it doesn't... BUT... IF you were to have a preference ?... for yourself when you were younger, or your children... 

4 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Morals what are they then. Is it moral for politicians from all countries to defraud there country! Is it moral for one man to hold power over everyone in his country. Everyones idea of morals is diffrent. Personaly my morals are under age sex should be punishable by life in prison men or women. Looking after my family and brothers of which i have many after that morals go out of the window. 

This is a discussion of Age Gap...  not below the age of consent...  

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

This is a discussion of Age Gap...  not below the age of consent...  

The post i replyed to stated morals to which i replyed which is allowed.plus i have read lots of stories on the news section on here about sugar daddies and under age girls. So in actual fact it is about age gap.

There is no formula.  And, as can be see from all these different replies, everyone has a different idea about what they want from a relationship.

Do what you like, you only have one life!

You just go to ask yourself what you want from a relationship, love, sex, companionship, a partnership, friendship or anything else.  It all depends more on peoples personality more than what age they are.  I would say one thing, however, is that if someone you choose if very young they are likely to naturally want to try different partners before they settle down for lifetime with someone, even if they think they don't at the time.. that's human nature.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

All other things being equal... would you prefer them to hook up with an older minted lated or a minted lady of similar age ?

.... of course, to avoid answering the question many would answer - as long as they are happy it doesn't matter... and really, it doesn't... BUT... IF you were to have a preference ?... for yourself when you were younger, or your children... 

I'd be just as disappointed if my sons came home after some cougar hooked him in. I'd tell my sons the same thing. Diminishing returns and same would apply, he would be alienated from his core group of friends then what..... stuck blowing out the cob webs on some old bat?

6 hours ago, JAFO said:

Lets face it, the reality is that a vast majority of old foreign men come here to buy/rent/lease a gal that they couldn't even dream of ever having in their home country. Its really not complicated. The ones that spend hours defending and justifying it really know the deal. The references to the handful of older men with young gals in the US are outliers in the grand scheme of things but still raise eyebrows nonetheless.

I see old coffin dodgers strolling along with what appear to be teens and it just looks so wrong on so many levels but hey if she can close her eyes and pretend for a few baht that she is with some hansum man then more power to the guy but please do not say she "Loves Me"

As for the age gap, my opinion it would be based on the age of the couple. I personally think 50 or so and anything less than 35 has to be a real challenge because I have said most Asian girls maturity and intellect level is 5 to 7 years behind so that really means a 35 year old has the maturity of 28 yr old if lucky and I mean Asian Maturity, not a 28 year old western gal to a 28 year old Asian gal.  So I say take the age and subtract at least 7 years to assess maturity. Now I know there are guys that say "My GF is 30 years younger and we get along great". I have seen a few those relationships real time and if you actually see them its like a father talking to a daughter more than a relationship. Its pretty sad to watch a grown man digress to the point he talks like a grade school child in broken English to communicate. Might explain why so many foreigners drink. Numbs the reality of it all. LOL

Waiver..... I post "Generally Speaking"

I am glad that you put that waiver in.

The majority of the engineers that I know from the 1990s who married Thai ladies, as I did, came out on contracts with the company that they worked for.

Of the twenty odd guys that came out and married here, many of us divorced to remarry, some were already divorced but only a few were single. Of us who did marry only a couple of marriages have failed which is a good record compared to the west.

The age gap range from 5 to over 20 years. In my case it is 21 years difference. Last month was our 17th wedding anniversary and I had known my Thai wife for 7 years before that.

Some of us live in Thailand, some back in their home countries and a very few in different countries depending on where jobs took us.

My post is the opposite of yours but that is life in reality.

All my time here has taught me to be more tolerant of what people do. I've seen a lot of weird things here that don't fit into what I learned was right or normal where I come from. What Thais think of age differences baffles me for the most part but I know that they accept a financial factor in their thinking on relationships. It was not that long ago that Thais could have more than one wife if one could afford that. In the rural areas, "indiscrepancies" between men and very young woman are often fixed through marriage and or financial compensation. 
My wife says that our age difference of 20 years is totally acceptable. I've given up thinking much about it really. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 29/04/2017 at 1:38 PM, little mary sunshine said:

5 even 8 year age difference is fine and acceptable.

You see these 60+ year old geezers with their 25

uear olds....Such a joke, it's all about a few bucks

and these guys are such fools.    IMHO,!

I would say a bloke who makes a statement like that is very  jealous of the older man with a younger lady .

i see it all the time and my  reaction is how lucky is that man , but I say , as long as he dose not buy her all the bs that go's with having a thai woman be you old or be you young.

On 4/28/2017 at 9:00 PM, kenk24 said:

... My wife was the oldest of 4 children and shouldered a lot of responsibility when young and it continues onward. Her youngest sister can barely tie her own shoes. ..

My wife was # 2 out of 6, and there was another young "adopted" kid. She was the first female, and her Mom was single more often than not.  She was cooking, cleaning and watching kids since she was maybe 6 years old.

When we came back to the USA in 1980, the youngest girl ended up caring for the young "adopted" boy due to circumstances.  That worked out well, as he ended up dying of AIDS in prison. He was a cute little kid of about 8 years old when we left.

Archived