Mum thinks "suicide" daughter in Bahrain was pushed by traffickers

rooster59

Mum thinks "suicide" daughter in Bahrain was pushed by traffickers

aHR0cDovL3BlMS5pc2Fub29rLmNvbS9ucy8wL3VkLzQ0MS8yMjA3MzEwL25ld3MwNS5qcGc=.jpg

Image: Sanook

A Thai mother has gone on TV to claim that her daughter has been killed by human traffickers in Bahrain.

The daughter who was not named had previously worked in a restaurant in Pattaya. She then went to work in the middle eastern country serving beer in a restaurant there.

She had paid an agent 190,000 baht for the job and was paying off the debt.

It was recently reported that she had committed suicide by jumping off a building but her mother said on TV yesterday that she does not believe that.

She said that she has evidence of a series of text messages that proves otherwise. The messages said in order:

"I'm not safe"

"I won't be coming home"

"Look after my kid"

"If there really is a next life we will be reunited there".

The mother had previously written on Facebook that she believed that her daughter was being held against her will after trying to change the terms of her employment.

Now she has appealed for the remains of her daughter so she can be cremated in Thailand, reported Sanook.

Somkit Hormnet who has worked with victims of human trafficking said that the case bore all the hallmarks of a human trafficking and
killing case.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-29

I used to have a neighbour who was a recruiter in Pattaya for the bars in Bahrain.  She had no shortage of recruits and none of them were under the illusion that they were going there to "serve beer".  What they told their mothers might be different perhaps.

2 hours ago, Upnotover said:

I used to have a neighbour who was a recruiter in Pattaya for the bars in Bahrain.  She had no shortage of recruits and none of them were under the illusion that they were going there to "serve beer".  What they told their mothers might be different perhaps.

On the other hand in the town where my wife's relatives live there are often recruiters coming round offering jobs to the girls (including my wife's nieces) promising they would be working in restaurants complete with photographs of other Thai girls happily serving customers and enjoying their days off shopping.  Of course it is all bullsh*t but the girls lap it up and plead with their parents to let them go.

40 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

On the other hand in the town where my wife's relatives live there are often recruiters coming round offering jobs to the girls (including my wife's nieces) promising they would be working in restaurants complete with photographs of other Thai girls happily serving customers and enjoying their days off shopping.  Of course it is all bullsh*t but the girls lap it up and plead with their parents to let them go.

The lure of money and exploitation of the impoverished.

Do you really think young ladies of any nationality really want to provide sexual services for several customers daily? Customers who may be old, smelly, unfit, and have peculiar tastes?

Traffickers and pimps come in all sorts to. Some treat their "assets" better than others. Some, maybe like in this case, don't. There was a previous case in Bahrain were Thai ladies had been held prisoner in a brothel.

And still we bend over backwards to accommodate the evil regimes in the Middle East, pandering to their every whim and fancy, just in pursuit of the $$$$. They want formula one? Sure. How about the World Cup? No problem, just grease the right palms. Send legacy airlines to the brink vis subsidies? Just business. Abuse, torture, rape domestic workers? Ok, lower form of life anyway.

No big deal if a few thousand die on construction sites or if they "jump" from buildings. Plenty more where they come from.

3 hours ago, Upnotover said:

I don't doubt what you say. But the working conditions (10-20 customers a day) and payments to pimps (virtually all earnings) are not what they expect and do drive many to suicide. There is a lot of difference between being a well-paid hooker and being trapped into sexual slavery.

Difficult one to call on this one. Her messages to her mom are not clear. If she was held prisoner, I hardly think she would be given a cell phone to contact her mom. I don't know much about Human Trafficking but what I do know is there is no money in bringing a Thai Girl all the way to Bahrain, and then killing her.

My guess is that she thought she was going to work in Bahrain as a waitress but was lied to and soon found herself in the Prostitution Racket with a huge debt to pay off. Being young and in way over her head she could not find a way out of this bad situation, so she may have decided to end it all and then took her own life. I suppose that is how she knew she was going to die. But sad none the less.

Instead of spending money on submarines, money can be spent on investing n helping local businesses and economy so that girls in this country do not need to prostitute themselves or try to find work overseas and put themselves in danger.

44 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Dear Mr. Snarf,

Many differences

The former have free choice of when and where they work and which customers to accept. They have control over their working conditions and how much they charge. They receive a rate they consider fair. They (in the Thai context) will be able to send a lot of money back home.

The latter have had all power stripped from them, their passports are taken, the authorities actively work against them in cahoots with the traffickers, they are victims of violence. They have no choice over customers. All their earnings are stolen. They are trapped. They are de facto slaves.

If you think the latter is not common throughout the Middle East (including Israel!), you need to do more research. Human trafficking is very real.

Well said.

On 4/29/2017 at 4:23 AM, dunroaming said:

yeah but paying 190,000 baht for the "opportunity".  Just sit down and calculate the wages or net take home money one would need to pay that back.   I guess if they promised the girls a big pay day, it gets easier to rationalize.  Sad how desperate the lasses are that even though many of them have heard some bad things, they still go.

16 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

There are a few about so which one do you mean

Name one country beside turkey that treats a women decent. And turkey is going down hill fast. 

And when you go to the use you surrender your passport to the employer.

No thanks