Fledgling Business Turn Around

The business in question concerning Sport leisure members program, where by there is a huge turn over

of funds but when sales drys up or slow down the expenses meter still ticking, big numbers too,

It's one year old venture with a lot of potential, all it need is ( I think ) solutions and course of action provider,

not fancying my self as one, and recognizing my limitations, what would be the best path to take or to whom

to turn to for guidance? :o

The business in question concerning Sport leisure members program, where by there is a huge turn over

of funds but when sales drys up or slow down the expenses meter still ticking, big numbers too,

It's one year old venture with a lot of potential, all it need is ( I think ) solutions and course of action provider,

not fancying my self as one, and recognizing my limitations, what would be the best path to take or to whom

to turn to for guidance? :o

Lot of questions need to be asked beyond these.

I have several colleagues in the coaching business and I also do business development/marketing/management consulting as well. PM me with significantly more details so I can see what is really going on.

Dan

Never trust a consultant! :o

If they know so much the'd be a business leader, wouldn't they? - To busy to help out here.

Never trust a consultant! :D

Would a good one be earing small money here (5,000 baht per day?) instead of decent money back home (500 pounds + per day)? - I think not.

A good retired consultant living here? - Doubtful, as they are retired and want to relax.

Never trust a (so called) "business" consultant. NEVER!

I've met a few here, ohhh, they make my blood boil.

If they know so much the'd be a business leader, wouldn't they? - To busy to help out here.

Would a good one be earing small money here (5,000 baht per day?) instead of decent money back home (500 pounds + per day)? - I think not.

A good retired consultant living here? - Doubtful, as they are retired and want to relax.

Got the Point, No Consultants worth their salt are here in LOS,

Than What?

I wish I could delve in to more details but this is as far as I can Go, :o

What is a "Sport leisure members program"?

It has to do with a leisure activity member's program where by you pay to join

such activities at an exclusive arrangements,

can't divulge any more as we might have a buyer who might be interested,

Than What?

You've started to answer your own question well, keep the logic going.

1) You've realised that there's a problem. [Cash flow at certain times]

2) You've identified the problem [expenses are too high when no cash is incoming]

3) Now to ask a couple of questions...

Can we even out the sales cycle to reduce the cashflow problems?

Can the expenses be "offset / putback" when there's less cash coming in?

4) Look for solutions....

Members paying monthly instead of annually?

Get credit terms (30 or 60 days payment?) from the people we need to pay?

Of course the basic question will be is the total income higher than the total outgoings. If it is then the business is viable, it's a matter of accounting and good "business practice".

Just some very basic thoughts, but remember, if I had any decent level of skill then I wouldn't be in Thailand offering my two satangs worth....

A last thought, very high sales with small profits is not a good sign unless you are a huge company working on turnover. The leisure industry should be working on a high profits to turnover ratio.

Good luck.

Than What?

You've started to answer your own question well, keep the logic going.

1) You've realised that there's a problem. [Cash flow at certain times]

2) You've identified the problem [expenses are too high when no cash is incoming]

3) Now to ask a couple of questions...

Can we even out the sales cycle to reduce the cashflow problems?

Can the expenses be "offset / putback" when there's less cash coming in?

4) Look for solutions....

Members paying monthly instead of annually?

Get credit terms (30 or 60 days payment?) from the people we need to pay?

Of course the basic question will be is the total income higher than the total outgoings. If it is then the business is viable, it's a matter of accounting and good "business practice".

Just some very basic thoughts, but remember, if I had any decent level of skill then I wouldn't be in Thailand offering my two satangs worth....

A last thought, very high sales with small profits is not a good sign unless you are a huge company working on turnover. The leisure industry should be working on a high profits to turnover ratio.

Good luck.

Thanks for the Input, Quite logical and sensible, however we will have a high caliber forensic auditor looking

at the books very soon to determine where the problem lies exactly and we will act on his advice,

Never trust a consultant! :o

I never said I would work for 5,000 baht per day that is for sure! I run my own business but like to get involved in projects where I can help. Maybe for a piece of a company or whatever. Consulting is not my only business, selling/marketing is what I do mainly.

:D