"Most hated German in Thailand" now scamming the Japanese in Osaka.

rooster59

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 13/5/2560 at 9:00 AM, watcharacters said:

I  appreciate the source and therefore understand the vitriol of many posters.

Even with the obviously photoshopped image there's no question in my mind  that I need to thank my lucky stars I am not in the position of this fellow.    (note, I avoided trying to be funny with a  clear pun opportunity)

There is no money  that would entice me to change places with him.     Even if he cons, so WHAT?      His life is  complete shit.

Come on gents,   anyone want to trade places with him? 

I never saw a photo shopped photo from Benjamin Holst - his leg is big like it is! :sad:

benjamin-4[1].jpg

Its my experience that you can smell this piece of S--- in the next street,a disgrace to his nationality,I am sure this can be sorted quickly by a good hospital,but that would perhaps not go well with his lifestyle and earnings.

On 1/5/2560 at 8:54 PM, soalbundy said:

I think scamming is a little harsh, he isn't emptying your bank account or selling you shoddy goods, one can give or not give, up to you, he probably doesn't usually get more than a 100 Baht a time and has to tell a sob story to make people feel better about their own situation, maybe for some it's worth it. Begging isn't a dream job, especially for a middle European, maybe he has mental issues as well. I thought that begging is generally illegal in many places especially in Japan so maybe he will end up in a cell before being sent back to Germany. 

"begging is generally illegal in many places especially in Japan so maybe he will end up in a cell"

You right, 

He was for 23 days incarcerated in Japan, is now free again and will fly home soon with his own ticket - booked long ago from himself. 

:partytime2:   ?

https://web.facebook.com/benjamin.holst.7

8 minutes ago, paddyjoe41 said:

Its my experience that you can smell this piece of S--- in the next street,a disgrace to his nationality,I am sure this can be sorted quickly by a good hospital,but that would perhaps not go well with his lifestyle and earnings.

I am sure you wrong!  that condition is in that state - incurable.  - :post-4641-1156693976:

http://www.e-ijd.org/article.asp?issn=0019-5154;year=2016;volume=61;issue=3;spage=347;epage=347;aulast=Maheswari

"A 20-year-old young man presented with a history of painless, progressive enlargement of the entire left upper limb since childhood.

The patient had difficulty in using his left upper limb for his daily activities.

===

He became an introvert, depressed, and extremely concerned with the grotesque appearance of his limb which forced him to become a school drop-out at a very young age.

===

The patient had first consulted a doctor for his problem only in his early teens, as he was hailing from a poor socioeconomic background.

The patient reported that he had undergone limb reduction surgeries twice at the age of 13 and 18 years, respectively, the details of which are not known."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macrodystrophia_lipomatosa

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4509009/

"The treatment of this disease relies on conservative surgery, which requires specific micro surgical techniques, and primarily consists of debulking and partial amputation of the affected limb."

IndianJDermatol_2016_61_3_347_182469_f1[1].jpg

On 2017-04-30 at 0:55 PM, survivalblue said:

He should just go to India and declare himself Bigfoot Baba.  He'd have a following and food and do some daily yoga.

Obviously sympathy has driven his travels.

perhaps so...but no hookers and whiskey.  It's true, even the Elephant Man could get laid in Thailand.

38 minutes ago, HaleySabai said:

perhaps so...but no hookers and whiskey.  It's true, even the Elephant Man could get laid in Thailand.

now he left Japan for Helsinki and announced that he will go to Ibiza in a few days. His facebook is very interesting. He's got even fans!

On 4/30/2017 at 6:20 AM, ezzra said:

This man is no better than a con man and scammer using his deformities

to bilk the public, the only thing that need treatment is his mental deformity

and his criminal acts.....

"No better than"????????????????   Are you serious?  That is precisely and exactly what he is.   A con man.  He is just a common con man.  No more and No less. 

On April 30, 2560 BE at 11:00 AM, Andaman Al said:

Yeah right. I guess he was 'chasing women' as they were running as fast as they could.

Thai Rath should really avoid trying to be funny like this. Maybe suitable for the bar but not from a journalist, it detracts from sending an effective message about what an oxygen thief this guy really is.

"Oxygen thief", such an overused, lame expression.

Nothing wrong with a little humour from the journalist, the people will have the last laugh. I pity this man because he has nothing, lost in his scamming pretending he is happy, clearly he cannot be.

I often wonder how naive people are when they give to some homeless drunk. Exactly what do they think he will do with the money? Do people believe that the person is carefully saving for a flight home using a little to buy healthy food, keep himself clean and survive until the day comes when he can finally depart? The reality is he is off to buy himself a gallon of booze and 40,000 will keep him in booze for a good while.

If the Thai people really wanted to help this man, get him to a hospital and buy his ticket home. Whatever you do don't give a homeless drunk the cash!

There are quite a few of these people scamming around Pattaya, many drunken losers who try to befriend you with the sole aim of getting a handout. For me I donate to the organisations that actually do something, perhaps others could do the same and not be so gullible as to hand over 40k to people like this. I know the heart was in the right place but it's pretty obvious to me that the generous donation would never be used as intended.

On May 1, 2560 BE at 0:22 AM, mommysboy said:

I suppose he's breaking the law, but then again that is not difficult these days in any country.  Other than that I thought TV's braves would applaud him for his initiative and endeavour, and for making a handicap work to his advantage.  Being out on the streets is certainly putting in a shift, which is something beyond most expats.

Not sure what law he is breaking. He is sitting around saying he needs money and displaying his leg, people then give. What law has he broken? Perhaps begging is against the law but that's about it as far as I can see. 

I see many posts saying he is a con man, well how exactly? he is telling people he needs money for surgery or a flight ticket etc,,, well doesn't every beggar spin you a yarn? I mean how many beggars say to you "please spare some change, I need to but case of Leo".

He has got this attention because people are treating him differently when he really is not much different. He is just a drunken guy with an affliction who goes around begging, simple as that. Best thing people can do is leave it alone, stop viewing his Facebook page, give him no exposure and fly him home.

On May 1, 2560 BE at 10:49 AM, jenifer d said:

it's the same guy- and the leg IS real...

he's actually a fb "friend" of mine,

was considering writing a book about him and other habitual scam artists;

i still might (then maybe nobody will give to him)

Don't bother with the book,,, what can it say?

"Afflicted beggar tells lies to get spare change",,, No legs in this, I wouldn't buy it. :smile:

On April 30, 2560 BE at 11:48 AM, JustNo said:

If you have a internet connection you can make money easily online in a myriad of ways, more so than begging will bring in. I guess lazy people will always be lazy 

Please share the easy money tips using my laptop,,, 

1 hour ago, GAZZPA said:

As lame as your 3 posts on an old thread. What was your point in posting exactly. I don't see the term oxygen thief used on here that much, if at all, What's up, did you want to use it?

55 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

I see many posts saying he is a con man, well how exactly?

51 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

"Afflicted beggar tells lies to get spare change",

Does your answer satisfy your question?....I think so.

50 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Please share the easy money tips using my laptop,,, 

Google and Youtube are your friends.....and oh, they can also be your paymasters!

Her arrived at Ibiza today. Writes in his facebook:

"Reddy for buisness i hope good luck "

(his orthography - not mine)

You see - he calls himself a business man, not a con man

Edited by sweatalot

On 5/31/2017 at 11:58 AM, GAZZPA said:

Nothing wrong with a little humour from the journalist, the people will have the last laugh. I pity this man because he has nothing, lost in his scamming pretending he is happy, clearly he cannot be.

I often wonder how naive people are when they give to some homeless drunk. Exactly what do they think he will do with the money? Do people believe that the person is carefully saving for a flight home using a little to buy healthy food, keep himself clean and survive until the day comes when he can finally depart? The reality is he is off to buy himself a gallon of booze and 40,000 will keep him in booze for a good while.

If the Thai people really wanted to help this man, get him to a hospital and buy his ticket home. Whatever you do don't give a homeless drunk the cash!

There are quite a few of these people scamming around Pattaya, many drunken losers who try to befriend you with the sole aim of getting a handout. For me I donate to the organisations that actually do something, perhaps others could do the same and not be so gullible as to hand over 40k to people like this. I know the heart was in the right place but it's pretty obvious to me that the generous donation would never be used as intended.

Benjamin Holst never received money from the -German helping point Organization  - 

The Organization wrote a statement to the German TIP Newspaper - a Link can be found in Internet - but Thaivisa rules do not even allow a Link to German Website. ? I tried and all was delated.

Curious PM me.

="The German Relief Society Thailand (DHV) paid Mr. Holst a lunch for the equivalent of 35 Thai Baht (about 1 Euro) for humanitarian reasons, and any further help was interrupted, since Mr. Holst was not ready for any cooperation regarding a solution.

Your statement that the DHV Mr. Holst would have provided 50,000 baht thus does not correspond to the facts and should not be withheld the readers of your newspaper.

We kindly ask you to publish this site in your next issue.

Sirirat Sukarapak

I. A. Of the Board"=

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2017 at 3:32 PM, dutchisaan said:

Big foot want's to go to Korea? I hope they put him on a plane to North Korea! We will never hear from him again.

probably  come back in a coma

but my old school  father in law used to say never trust the maimed or afflicted 

looks like he was right in this case

Edited by jhonnie
addition of 2nd comment

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/04/2017 at 6:34 PM, alocacoc said:

His facebook page. Looks like he have a lot of fun. https://www.facebook.com/benjamin.holst.7

If thats him hes in Spain now so this story is old. Cant really understand why people actually hate him. Hes hardly a terrorist or someone doing harm to others. Not like him maybe but hate him ? Why ?

Edited by johnsnapo

People actually choose to give him money.Thats their choice or stupidness depending how you see it. Hardly your problem is it ?

Like the deaf/dumb nutter on Sukhumvit. With the thumbs up & thumbs down routine. My buddy once reached for his wallet, I said don't bother.....but he insisted & only had a 500, she pulled out a wad ready to give him change, silver stripers and all. She's doing ok despite the song and dance, and at least she can walk unlike this particular German. If he had a brain the size of his leg he should just shut his mouth and continue to reel in the suckers.

The guy has much bigger problems in life. So the guy is a douche and made very poor remarks against the people who give him sustenance -- he obviously hates his own existence. I find the hatred against this poor bastard a little concerning. How is this person "scamming" people? By begging for money and spending it all? Did y'all see his leg? He majorly f---d up. I've met many "disabled" people who have terrible attitudes toward life and other people (most people who walk the floors of Walmart)... can you blame them? I dunno. Sad state of affairs. In any case, karma is catching up quick for this poor soul. How his "scamming" is any different from the traffickers who cut off people's limbs and place them in the streets as  beggars -- I mean... there are worse problems in life to worry about. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/04/2017 at 2:00 PM, Andaman Al said:

Yeah right. I guess he was 'chasing women' as they were running as fast as they could.

Thai Rath should really avoid trying to be funny like this. Maybe suitable for the bar but not from a journalist, it detracts from sending an effective message about what an oxygen thief this guy really is.

+1 For the comment about decent Journalism. It lowers impact & reduces credibility.

He brags about his scams on his facebook page and shows the steaks, booze, drugs and prostitutes he buys with his ill-gotten gains.

He has puchased a ticket to Laos (transit in Bangkok) and posted the itinerary. Idiot.

I'm hoping he gets denied entry. I'd have forwarded a copy of his itinerary to Laos Immigration if I could have found an email address.

BTW, he spent 23 days in a Japanese jail awaiting deportation. The Japanese apparently dragged their feet by way of an extra-judicial punishment.

No tears shed here. He's a major douche.

Edited by midzo
Typo