10 Year Senior Tourist Visa

Just now, possum1931 said:

and there is no chance that the TE program will stop, or changes made to it? You are living in Thailand you know.

A very very slim chance since they have been promoting it and offering more options.

It has been around since 2003 and has survived 2 coups and a government that opposed it but could do nothing about it.

4 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

and there is no chance that the TE program will stop, or changes made to it? You are living in Thailand you know.

And there is no chance your whatever you are on visa will be rescinded or a renewal/extension made prohibitively expensive for you? Everything is possible.... not only in LoS. 

But given that you´ve shown above that you don´t even know the full list of features offered by TE I rest my case. As my signature says, as far as bashing, moaning and alternative facts are concerned, you CLEARLY beat me with your experience. 

Cheers!

DUS

Edited by DUS

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 90 day reporting is not that big a deal. You can do them by mail or online.

No need for a re-entry permit since the PE visa allows unlimited one year entries for 5 years from the date it is issued.

Joe, I think you know that there are some immigration offices that don't let you do 90 day reports by e-mail.

I was talking to someone well known on Thaivisa only a few days ago that he is not allowed to do an online 90 day report.

Just now, possum1931 said:

Joe, I think you know that there are some immigration offices that don't let you do 90 day reports by e-mail.

No office allows them to be done by email. Most will allow it to be done by mail (Post).

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

I was talking to someone well known on Thaivisa only a few days ago that he is not allowed to do an online 90 day report.

I cannot do online reporting because I have a old entry to the country (almost 9 years now). I do my reports by mail. Got one that I sent at my local office now, just waiting for to to appear in the mail.

46 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No office allows them to be done by email. Most will allow it to be done by mail (Post).

I cannot do online reporting because I have a old entry to the country (almost 9 years now). I do my reports by mail. Got one that I sent at my local office now, just waiting for to to appear in the mail.

47 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I did my reports by mail when I was on retirement extensions, I am starting to do them again, if I cannot go online, I will do by mail, but this friend of mines IO, does not allow online reports.

4 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I will do by mail, but this friend of mines IO, does not allow online reports.

The ones that don't allow online reports are rare and some that don't allow them also do not allow mail in reports. They really should not be allowed to set a local policy like that but they manage to get away with it.

I started doing mail in reports after they moved the office 30 km further away which made it less convenient for my wife to do them for me. She has done more of the 90 day reports than I have.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is a OA long stay visa you can apply for in your home country or country of legal residence.

The visa allows unlimited one year entries for a year from the date of issue. By getting a new one year entry just before the visa expires you can get 2 years of total stay from it.

I am confused. I have a 1 year retirement visa with multiple entry permit. I left the country in Feb/Mar and went for a 90 day check in. The immigration official explained the check in was not necessary until june, and at that time I should also renew my retirement visa that will expire in July. 

35 minutes ago, Grumpy Duck said:

I am confused. I have a 1 year retirement visa with multiple entry permit. I left the country in Feb/Mar and went for a 90 day check in. The immigration official explained the check in was not necessary until june, and at that time I should also renew my retirement visa that will expire in July. 

You only need to do a 90 day report if you stay in the country for 90 consecutive days.

If you leave the country your report is due 90 days from the date you entered the country including that day in the count.