Renewing one year extension of stay based upon retirement

I have to renew my one year extension based upon retirement.

My local immigration office has moved out in to the sticks, so I have to get it right first time.

Can anyone provide me with a list of what I need to provide or suggest a link (I did try search)?

Thanks in advance.

9 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Not all immigration offices have the same requirements.

I think it's just the basics I need :

As I now recall: a letter of account from bank, updated passbook,  ATM slip on the day, a completed extension form with photo, and photocopies of my passport.

Can anyone say if there is something glaringly obvious I have missed?

I do understand the list can not be definitive, but all I can do is try to get it right first time.

45 minutes ago, phuketjock said:

Thank you for replies.

I am living in Surat Thani City.

When I first arrived I was asked to provide most of what was on the list attached, but on a subsequent renewal just the basics, ie, not the proof of address as I was already registered on their system.

The medical certificate is a new one on me.

I have to renew on Jun 3rd, so I have time and will get my wife to phone them up if possible.  I will also see if there is a local immigration website.

6 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

That is not required according to the rules.

As far as I know there only 2 or 3 rogue offices that ask for it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Thank you for replies.

I am living in Surat Thani City.

When I first arrived I was asked to provide most of what was on the list attached, but on a subsequent renewal just the basics, ie, not the proof of address as I was already registered on their system.

I have to renew on Jun 3rd, so I have time and will get my wife to phone them up if possible.  I will also see if there is a local immigration website.

Unfortunately as pointed out every imm. office has it's own quirky requirements but

the basics are to all intents and purposes the same, I tend to take everything and some

and usually don't need it all and if your office is not close that is the way I would advise

you to go.

• Like 1

Hopefully, a Thaivisa member who recently got a retirement extension at the Surat Thani immigration office will read this topic, even though Surat Thani is unfortunately not mentioned in the topic title, and post what he had to submit with his application.

22 minutes ago, Evilbaz said:

You're the Admin - can't you amend the Title?

Only a minor change can be done now. Editing the topic title changes the address of it and can cause problems with search and etc.

• Like 1

Surat Thani City can be one of the more eccentric offices.

On this board, I am left with the impression that some posters just seem to want to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

For me, the visa forum and health forums should be about being helpful and understanding that posters may not be fully informed and, after all, if they were then they would likely not need to ask questions in the first place.

• Like 1