Sheffield United - League 1 Champions 2017

soihok

Long time since I posted on this page, after 6 years of misery and disappointment there wasn't much to celebrate other than a good cup run now and again.

Sat on the internet at silly times of the night listening to the generally depressing games, was a real test at times.

The Blades finished this season on 100 points (an achievement not reached by many clubs). Sheffield United are now one of the very few clubs to have become Champions of all 4 leagues of the English FA.

Captain Billy Sharp scored yesterday in the last game of the season to reach 30 goals this year and a career 200th. 

Thanks to some kind souls streaming the games and celebrations live on Facebook, myself and many other Blades worldwide were able to watch the scenes unfolding at the worlds oldest major stadium still hosting professional football games - Bramall Lane.

Next year won't be easy, thats for certain. But this year has been one of the best for a long, long time.

UP THE BLADES.

Cheers guys.
Been a long time coming, since that fateful year being relegated when the club had 3 different managers in the same season (4 if you count the caretaker manager, and including Gary Speed RIP).
Since then there has been a few more including Nigels Clough and Atkins.
Looking forward to next season now.

Yes Chris Wilder has done wonders this year (and last, he brought Northampton up into League 1).

To say the The Blades were in 24th position after the first few games to finishing with 100 points is truly amazing.

A bit surprised about Ched Evans return. Not really necessary I think from a football point of view as his transfer cost half a million, but happy for the man himself after more or less destroying his career (or having it destroyed for him).

We will see if he can perform next season.

Cheers