Bad design in daily life

eve55

I found that some clips just have bad design, they are cute before use, as you can see, like little bones, right?  But when you use them, horrible thing comes...  Can you post something alike?

before.jpg

after.jpg

Edited by eve55
Not perfect

I found this ceiling in upper bathroom a little bit inconvenient. Landlord sees it from brighter side, you'll get a nice cold breeze from it when you're about your business. But no worry, in November 2016 he promised, that he will definitely fix it next week. :sleep:

IMG_20170502_135209.thumb.jpg.aa64245ad593930b3f343f0b586c51a5.jpg

Yeah - every time I look at a Thai screened window.....

Built so you have to open the screen up to open/close the window, inviting all the nasty biting little flying insects in...

Door are very much the same way - build @$$'d backwards.....

18 hours ago, howard ashoul said:

I found this ceiling in upper bathroom a little bit inconvenient. Landlord sees it from brighter side, you'll get a nice cold breeze from it when you're about your business. But no worry, in November 2016 he promised, that he will definitely fix it next week. :sleep:

IMG_20170502_135209.thumb.jpg.aa64245ad593930b3f343f0b586c51a5.jpg

youve got half a  ceiling........... u  lucky barsteward!!

Also when you're showering in Thai bathroom, floor in entire bathroom gets wet.

You have no idea how many times in my early days in Thailand I almost killed myself while entering bathroom. 

Worst thing is, that bathroom is ussualy only room in Thailand, that has door threshold. And you're falling on it with your spine... .

I am a farang from USA living in Thailand for 3 years.

I know Thailand is different than the USA. I laugh at things that the above people are complaining.

Grow up and stop printing the petty bitching and complaining.

47 minutes ago, themerg said:

I know Thailand is different than the USA. I laugh at things that the above people are complaining.

...but you laugh at it...?

2 hours ago, themerg said:

I have often thought of what might happen if my father would be here - - a stickler who knows right from wrong... 

I could imagine him being upset at all the shoes in front of a door and complaining that someone will trip...

and then being told that nobody trips on them because everyone knows they are there... 

though he would have still thought he was right... 

2 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

I have often thought of what might happen if my father would be here - - a stickler who knows right from wrong... 

I could imagine him being upset at all the shoes in front of a door and complaining that someone will trip...

and then being told that nobody trips on them because everyone knows they are there... 

though he would have still thought he was right... 

Lad with a pair of birkenstock style heavy shoes next door to us. 40 years old seems pleasant enough. Lovely and quiet where we live but this chap has an awful habit of dropping his shoes from waist height so they make a loud clacking noise every single time he leaves the house. I laugh about it my Mrs rolls her eyes another neighbour bitches.  Bit surprised by the lack of consideration. surely he realises. 

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

Lad with a pair of birkenstock style heavy shoes next door to us. 40 years old seems pleasant enough. Lovely and quiet where we live but this chap has an awful habit of dropping his shoes from waist height so they make a loud clacking noise every single time he leaves the house. I laugh about it my Mrs rolls her eyes another neighbour bitches.  Bit surprised by the lack of consideration. surely he realises. 

Thai lad or farang - - has anyone tried to talk with him? Birkenstock = farang probably... 

Just wait for him to visit a Wat and take advantage of the lovely shoe exchange that they offer at the entrance... 

8 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

I have often thought of what might happen if my father would be here - - a stickler who knows right from wrong.

Yes my father was very much the same....... I can still remember the first words he said to me when I got sentenced to prison.

. Hello Son.................:coffee1:

6 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Thai lad or farang - - has anyone tried to talk with him? Birkenstock = farang probably... 

Just wait for him to visit a Wat and take advantage of the lovely shoe exchange that they offer at the entrance... 

Western chap likes to slam the door too. Just a case of a very inconsiderate approach to tasks. Very odd. I'm sure there is not a bad bone in him I just think he has not realised or given 1 moments thought on how his actions impact others around him. I don't like to lecture people in my daily life and at 40 he should know better and if he does not know by now then I'll just tolerate it. I'll mention it the day I leave maybe. 

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Western chap likes to slam the door too. Just a case of a very inconsiderate approach to tasks. Very odd. I'm sure there is not a bad bone in him I just think he has not realised or given 1 moments thought on how his actions impact others around him. I don't like to lecture people in my daily life and at 40 he should know better and if he does not know by now then I'll just tolerate it. I'll mention it the day I leave maybe. 

Some people are just like that - - maybe slip an anonymous but kind note under his door... just to let him know... nothing much to lose. 

19 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Some people are just like that - - maybe slip an anonymous but kind note under his door... just to let him know... nothing much to lose. 

I try to see it as an exercise in tolerance and I say the same to the better half. It's a bit of a joke now to be honest I just can't believe he don't see it and the birkenstock flops really are the loudest clackers, maybe he is proud of his shoes or something. I even though maybe he has a back back but I saw him take his shoes off then picks them up and goes inside so not even that.

On 5/3/2017 at 3:33 PM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

aa.png

Actually cleverly workable if they boxed the the window with a wrought iron balcony look & wrapped the bottom as a solid "wall".....

Best not to drop a dish.....

On 03/05/2017 at 0:36 PM, howard ashoul said:

Also when you're showering in Thai bathroom, floor in entire bathroom gets wet.

You have no idea how many times in my early days in Thailand I almost killed myself while entering bathroom. 

Worst thing is, that bathroom is ussualy only room in Thailand, that has door threshold. And you're falling on it with your spine... .

Tell me about it, I am still in serious agony after slipping on wet floor and going flat out on my arse. Hospitals seem more interested in how much they can milk than the mending process. 

I wonder if if I will ever lose this limp....