Panic on Suvarnabhumi flight as Swedish man says: "I've got a bomb!"

webfact

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

why  ?    why should I be punished because of one person stupid actions  ?

thats exactly why no one can do anything in the world anymore because they put rules in place because of the idiots.

It's never been different.   Laws are enacted to accommodate the lowest common denominator, and that's pretty low.   I contend that 95% of the population, of my country, and others, don't even have IQ's into double figures.  That's not realistic, of course, so possibly a common sense quotient, or combination??   You need only drive a car to see that demonstrated.

On the positive side, they make the 5% of us look soooo good!!!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

It's never been different.   Laws are enacted to accommodate the lowest common denominator, and that's pretty low.   I contend that 95% of the population, of my country, and others, don't even have IQ's into double figures.  That's not realistic, of course, so possibly a common sense quotient, or combination??   You need only drive a car to see that demonstrated.

On the positive side, they make the 5% of us look soooo good!!!

No, laws are not devised for the "lowest common denominator", they are devised for the common good, hence the term "Common Law". Laws are broken by people of all intelligence levels, for many different reasons. In my home country, the road toll is continually falling, this is due to new roads, vehicle safety features, training and education. Same people, same IQ. You really haven't made yourself look good, have you?

52 minutes ago, Blackheart1916 said:

No, laws are not devised for the "lowest common denominator", they are devised for the common good, hence the term "Common Law". Laws are broken by people of all intelligence levels, for many different reasons. In my home country, the road toll is continually falling, this is due to new roads, vehicle safety features, training and education. Same people, same IQ. You really haven't made yourself look good, have you?

And 95% of crime is committed by......??   Answer......those of the lowest intelligence.

I agree that all strata of society commit crime, but it's the percentages that vary with intellect.

The road toll continues to fall in my country also, but by far the greater number of deaths are among the lowest socio/economic/intellectual strata.   There is no escaping it.   It is fact, just as most of the crime is committed by people living in the lowest rated socio/economic suburbs.  The reason they are in the lowest economic group is that they don't have the intelligence to rise above that, or rationalize the consequences of driving like a lunatic, breaking into a house and stealing, etc.

I think I've made myself look even better.

Edited by F4UCorsair

13 hours ago, KTPeanut said:

The title of this post is 'Panic on Suvarnabhumi flight as Swedish man says "I've got a bomb"'
The fact is, there was no panic, we were sat quietly while being told that there was heavy traffic at the airport causing a delay.
People like to sensationalise - the guy wasn't trying to scare anyone and wasn't being obnoxious and sat quietly the whole time. Seems to me like it was a misunderstanding or miscommunication. He certainly wasn't shouting about having a bomb!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Seems there's a different story to yours, the heavy traffic was probably the reason given while they set up the security check.

'Security officials at Suvarnabhumi International Airport yesterday evacuated 140 passengers from Bangkok Airways' Flight PG 145 to Samui yesterday after a Swedish tourist told an air hostess that his carry-on baggage could explode if she didn't arrange a room on overhead compartment space for him.'

'He denied making the bomb threat but an air hostess earlier said the man asked her to arrange a room in the overhead compartment space for his baggage and asked her to do quickly as it could explode.

She then alerted the incident to the captain under the bomb threat response rule.'

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/swedish-tourist-charged-making-false-bomb-threat/

No room in the overhead locker so did he make a 'smart' comment which provoked he bomb threat response rule?.

53 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

And 95% of crime is committed by......??   Answer......those of the lowest intelligence.

I agree that all strata of society commit crime, but it's the percentages that vary with intellect.

The road toll continues to fall in my country also, but by far the greater number of deaths are among the lowest socio/economic/intellectual strata.   There is no escaping it.   It is fact, just as most of the crime is committed by people living in the lowest rated socio/economic suburbs.  The reason they are in the lowest economic group is that they don't have the intelligence to rise above that, or rationalize the consequences of driving like a lunatic, breaking into a house and stealing, etc.

I think I've made myself look even better.

Some fair points, but the 95% figure is a bit rubbery, even in a country renowned for very rubbery figures in the last few years, and all your points hinge on you being in that 5%, as you claim ;-)

I was in the LE/Security businesses in government and private sector for many years.  I've done lots of these bomb threat/suspicious bag/package responses in all kinds of security threat environments and areas of the world.   I know for a fact we've poured on the thrill factor to make an impression on the jackass in question who left his/her backpack unattended so carelessly in a high density/public area (for example).  They get handcuffed, treated like a terrorist, and fully embarrassed at the massive response unfolding because of their carelessness.  They feel about 1 inch tall by the time it's over. 

But you never know, and once you push the response button, it's full on until the end. 

Unlike these RTP lads who suspected they had an IED,  and still messed with it.  Video is graphic.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=059_1430964585&comments=1

1 hour ago, Blackheart1916 said:

Some fair points, but the 95% figure is a bit rubbery, even in a country renowned for very rubbery figures in the last few years, and all your points hinge on you being in that 5%, as you claim ;-)

I suspect I'm in the top 1% Blackheart, so even if my suspicions aren't correct, I have a 5% drop before I fall out of the top 5%!!!

So where's the nobody's-perfect/everybody's-entitled-to-one-mistake crowd on this?  'Busy defending drugged-up teenage home invaders I suppose...

I wouldn't care if this guy had been Brit. American, Thai or Martian.  He deserves some real jail time in Thailand, maybe some more back home, and a nice little civil judgment to dog him the rest of his life.  Maybe others with the same moron gene can learn from his mistake and the price he pays.

On 5/3/2017 at 10:35 AM, worgeordie said:

"Daily News reported that Bangkok Airways were preparing a case for compensation against the man.",

it's more than about money,action needs to be taken against this stupid Swede,lock him up

regards worgeordie

Whilst I agree with lock him up but in my case throw away the key there would have been huge flow on effects for the airline with the 4.45 hours delay as that aircraft would have been scheduled to operate other sectors

Bangkok Airlines which in my experience is a pretty good airline would be up for compensation etc to passengers Plus possibly flight and cabin crew running out of hours requiring replacement crews to say nothing of the inconvenience to hundreds of individual passengers possibly missing connections so it is about money

Stupid is what stupid does - implying a detonation would be in my list of last bad jokes to make especially in the current political climate all around the world, regarding aviation, or other mass transit means...:blink:

42 minutes ago, pattayahenry said:

many different reports about this, he wanted to store his bag overhead, otherwise sombody might "bump" into it and damage it, poor english as usual for thais, i would sue the airline.

So was it was interfering with safety whether it was for seat aisle or cabin aisle?. If it doesn't fit under the seat in front then it has be stowed. 

On Wednesday, May 03, 2017 at 1:49 PM, Baerboxer said:

Won't their be two consequences? The Thai police will want to prosecute for his criminal behavior. Likely big fine and possibly some actual jail time. And then Bangkok Airways will file a civil suit for damages. Likely get some serious money. 

He could be in the poop big time - deservedly so. Maybe he'll try the sorry, I was pissed up defense that works well here for locals?

Don't forget a few days as a monk - - - -  few days should be enough as you only need a week or two for killing a couple of kids with your car while in a drunken stupor. 

On Wednesday, May 03, 2017 at 1:37 PM, mrdome said:

The world you project is truly frightening.

What the guy did was unbelievably stupid but the death penalty for that??!! ONLY ON THAI VISA!

Unbelievably stupid, how would  you know at the time he wasn't serious - in some countries he might have been taken out of the equation on the spot to neutralise the threat. 

Remember a threat is a threat until established otherwise. 

So it is not ONLY ON THAI VISA. 

1 minute ago, Artisi said:

Don't forget a few days as a monk - - - -  few days should be enough as you only need a week or two for killing a couple of kids with your car while in a drunken stupor. 

Actually since the military coup the first legislation change from the government was to impune anybody messing with aviation (blocking roads to intl. airports, maliciously impeding with flights(bomb threats) etc) with a maximum penalty of death sentence, and several hundred thousand baht compensations for AoT, carriers who get "damages" from slot changes and so on and so on. (joke) this might merit at least a few months of monkhood... (/joke)

On Thursday, May 04, 2017 at 1:02 PM, 55Jay said:

I was in the LE/Security businesses in government and private sector for many years.  I've done lots of these bomb threat/suspicious bag/package responses in all kinds of security threat environments and areas of the world.   I know for a fact we've poured on the thrill factor to make an impression on the jackass in question who left his/her backpack unattended so carelessly in a high density/public area (for example).  They get handcuffed, treated like a terrorist, and fully embarrassed at the massive response unfolding because of their carelessness.  They feel about 1 inch tall by the time it's over. 

But you never know, and once you push the response button, it's full on until the end. 

Unlike these RTP lads who suspected they had an IED,  and still messed with it.  Video is graphic.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=059_1430964585&comments=1

Nothing like having the expert bomb disposal team so readily available ?

Just goes to show the useless training given to the BIB - sorry for the poor untrained guys playing with their lives. 

On Wed May 03 2017 at 1:12 PM, steven100 said:

No   ...    that's why nobody can enjoy anything in life anymore ..  thats why the worlds a mess because of a few 

because of one idiot ,  why should everyone else have to be punished .

Spot on! +1!!!! 

On 3.5.2017 at 11:11 AM, KhunBENQ said:

Just think about the other direction, many missing their connections due to this moron.

He should be locked up until compensation is done.

Then expelled and blacklisted.

Don't serve full strength alcohol to Swedes.

I have experience on baltic sea ferries :tongue:

usually they quiet nice if sober