Phuket appeal to track down laundrette robber

webfact

Phuket appeal to track down laundrette robber

Eakkapop Thongtub

1493795847_1-org.jpg

The man reportedly drank beer and smoked a cigarette while taking his time to break open the machines and steal an estimated B10,000. Image: CCTV

PHUKET: -- Police have been urged to track down a thief who casually broke open the coin trays on two washing machines at a 24-hour laundrette in Koh Kaew and made off with an estimated B10,000.

The robbery occurred just after 2am on Sunday (April 30), reported Wisansaya Phonsin, whose family operate the laundrette and who herself is a member of Phuket Provincial Administration Organisation (PPAO, or OrBorJor)

Ms Wisansaya posted CCTV footage of the robbery on her personal Facebook page “Nuchy PS” yesterday (May 2) with a message that said,“The thief was very calm, he drank beer and smoked while he was breaking into the washing machines to get coins.

“The thief was slim, wearing a helmet with a Honda wave motorbike. He was wearing a blue shirt like a worker. Please help to share this to track down the thief.”

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-appeal-to-track-down-laundrette-robber-62025.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-05-03

10,000 baht in coins from 2 machines!!!! You've got to be joking! That is 1,000 ten baht coins! In my experience, no coin box could take 500 coins. Most are emptied daily if not more often. If each wash cost 50baht, that would mean each machine had done 100 washes! Insurance job springs to mind :-)

Sent from my Lenovo A3000-H using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

10,000 baht in coins from 2 machines!!!! You've got to be joking! That is 1,000 ten baht coins! In my experience, no coin box could take 500 coins. Most are emptied daily if not more often. If each wash cost 50baht, that would mean each machine had done 100 washes! Insurance job springs to mind :-)

Sent from my Lenovo A3000-H using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I agree with your assessment ... but do you really think a laundry would actually have any sort of insurance ?