Pattaya "Marina" plans for Bali Hai port area nothing but a shambles

webfact

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

there is already grease with corrupt officials taking money and doing nothing !! they have destroyed beach road with no seats on there and it is disgusting how farlang holiday makers have to sit on the dirty floor where cochroaches are , next december i am booking to go to philippines for 3 months as holiday makers are better treated there and i wont have to put up with sitting on the dirty floor on beach road 

yes i am not a fan of the corruption system. is surprising how the majority of thais seem to not only tolerate it but accept it.

Thais don't seem to mind corruption and that is what keeps their country from evolving. So <deleted>, they get what they deserve. The elite buy new benzs on the backs of the working class and laugh, who are we to enlighten them. 

6 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

What happened with the 546,546,645 billion bht pattaya beach nourishment program?

They even had the gall to make up a website address that lead nowhere. I remember checking as soon as the sign went up.

20161015_085103.jpg.771d14ea7f19c5a052c8

8 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

What happened with the 546,546,645 billion bht pattaya beach nourishment program?

They spent all the money on the stacked trailer walled clubhouse

compound at the end of beach road and the beginning of walking street... 

Also part of that money was budgeted for beer and Barbecue

cookouts in the compound.....

35 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

They spent all the money on the stacked trailer walled clubhouse

compound at the end of beach road and the beginning of walking street... 

Also part of that money was budgeted for beer and Barbecue

cookouts in the compound.....

Nowadays from royal garden going to walking street sorry to say but  its been very messy for years and stinks of piss.Why there are fences up for years where the indians drunk piss against but there is no reconstruction done?

On 5/4/2017 at 9:36 AM, jaapfries said:

Many years ago, when this Bali High Marina was first conceived, the idea was to create a "State-of-the-Art" International Marina to enable foreign yachts to visit Pattaya. Today this Marina looks like it has been around for 50 years, without maintenance and it appears that only many plywood-built tourist boats are moored here. Personally I find this a real shame and it saddens me everytime I drive by there.

I swear there are better marinas built by 3rd world countries of Africa and the Banana Republics of the Caribbean and South Pacific!

It's just a shame that there is no boating or "marina culture" in this part of Thailand and probably in it's entirety. And not even among wealthy Thais either.

Maybe piracy is part of the reason but I doubt it!

Sometimes I can't help myself thinking; What IS really the "culture" in Pattaya?

It's a state-of-the-art mess!

Edited by pattayadude

1 hour ago, pattayadude said:

Sometimes I can't help myself thinking; What IS really the "culture" in Pattaya?

It's a state-of-the-art mess!

That's what we like about it, mostly. Of course, it ain't perfect, now. Let's be clear on that. ;)

I blame the last mayor. Time to take a look at his bank accounts. So many waste of money projects during his time in office. Pedestrian crossings that don't work is just one that comes to mind.

It is so disappointing to see this.

Pattaya has an opportunity to create a world class marina.

Something the city could be proud of and is a real money maker and a true tourist attraction.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could have something like Hillarys Marina in Perth WA?

It wouldn't be that difficult.

hillarys_1.jpg.1feccfc8740e2d547deee8d1367d89f3.jpg

hillarys_2.jpg.1c9d232dde35cf750e139da7e308255e.jpg

hillarys_3.jpg.c2d80ab6716432bf04099c23487a95c4.jpg

54 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

That's what we like about it, mostly. Of course, it ain't perfect, now. Let's be clear on that. ;)

and I generally try to point out what's NOT perfect, hoping someone reads them and does something about it.

Pattaya needs a marina now. This is just a 300-small-sized boat marina.It shouldn't take 20 years.But I'm afraid it probably will.Even Taj Mahal was built in less time LOL

4 hours ago, Encid said:

Something the city could be proud of and is a real money maker and a true tourist attraction.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could have something like Hillarys Marina in Perth WA?

Look great but It think its impossible here because of the chairs?

they must have fixed up part of it because they are giving away free moorings with 24 hour a day security, running water at each slip for washing the boat and electrical connections to people that get a Marine Captains 30 ton Certification. a guy I know just got one  and hes happy

17796482_10154589339042861_670986405991717634660_10154589339317861_800661486406217796431_10154589337607861_6554938224088

Edited by phycokiller

1 hour ago, phycokiller said:

they must have fixed up part of it because they are giving away free moorings with 24 hour a day security, running water at each slip for washing the boat and electrical connections to people that get a Marine Captains 30 ton Certification. a guy I know just got one  and hes happy

17796482_10154589339042861_670986405991717634660_10154589339317861_800661486406217796431_10154589337607861_6554938224088

thanks for the photos.Good job!

These tanks look so worn down and  that's only in a few years.Not to mention exposed wires and hoses all over the place doesn't look professional and poorly planned at best.

The docks look pretty flimsy too. Not to mention the wood used doesn't even look like treated wood.

What a waste of 700M on decaying  soft lumber and cheap plastic water tanks

On 5/4/2017 at 1:18 PM, Destiny1990 said:

Mostly its thai families sitting eating and drinking with chairs and tables under umbrellas they do not disturb me and the parts of beaches managed by chair rental companies are the cleanest plots on the beach.

chair rental plots cleanest ??  have you been there at night , there are rats running about all over the place , the coconut girls 

go for a quick pee behind the deckchairs that you sit on , thai blokes and farlangs pee all over the place on the beach at night , i even saw one thai guy peeing right in the middle of the beach half way to the sea i commented to another thai while he was peeing and said i casnot understand why he was peeing in the middle of the beach where people lay on the sand during the daytime i said why does"nt he pee near the beach road where nobody sits or lays i told the thai guy it was disgusting what he had done , next time you go lay on the beach or use the deckchair remember someone has been peeing where your sat or laying the night before , do you enjoy also sitting with the cochroaches on the dirty beach road where there are very few chairs ? also swimming in the rubbish laiden sea that newver gets cleaned up by the corrupt officials  , i notice when the police are down on beach road they have seats to sit on , while all the other holiday makers have to sit on the floor disgusting how the holidaymaker is treated, the officials should be ashamed of themselves but probably they could not care less as long as they are counting the money dishonestly earned there should be protests about hardly any seats on beach road just to make them lose face and embarrass the officials just like they embarrass us by us having to sit on the floor !!

22 hours ago, Encid said:

Wonderful. But that is farang idea - will not happen.

1 hour ago, hottrader77 said:

chair rental plots cleanest ??  have you been there at night , there are rats running about all over the place , the coconut girls 

go for a quick pee behind the deckchairs that you sit on , thai blokes and farlangs pee all over the place on the beach at night , i even saw one thai guy peeing right in the middle of the beach half way to the sea i commented to another thai while he was peeing and said i casnot understand why he was peeing in the middle of the beach where people lay on the sand during the daytime i said why does"nt he pee near the beach road where nobody sits or lays i told the thai guy it was disgusting what he had done , next time you go lay on the beach or use the deckchair remember someone has been peeing where your sat or laying the night before , do you enjoy also sitting with the cochroaches on the dirty beach road where there are very few chairs ? also swimming in the rubbish laiden sea that newver gets cleaned up by the corrupt officials  , i notice when the police are down on beach road they have seats to sit on , while all the other holiday makers have to sit on the floor disgusting how the holidaymaker is treated, the officials should be ashamed of themselves but probably they could not care less as long as they are counting the money dishonestly earned there should be protests about hardly any seats on beach road just to make them lose face and embarrass the officials just like they embarrass us by us having to sit on the floor !!

Yes at Jomtien beach the rental spots are 10xclearner than open spots i can easily compare the plots  because i walk there each evening for 90 minutes.

13 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

its terrible and all but in case you never noticed the tide comes in twice a day and washes away the human pee and replaces it all the with fish pee

On 5/6/2017 at 10:43 AM, Destiny1990 said:

Yes at Jomtien beach the rental spots are 10xclearner than open spots i can easily compare the plots  because i walk there each evening for 90 minutes.

thats jomtien we are talking about pattaya where this bali hai port was planned NOT jomtien 

On 5/6/2017 at 10:30 PM, phycokiller said:

its terrible and all but in case you never noticed the tide comes in twice a day and washes away the human pee and replaces it all the with fish pee

yes and then you and allonsundry swim in the human and fish pee that the tide took into the sea !!

On 5/6/2017 at 10:30 PM, phycokiller said:

and remember it when you start swallowing the sea water accidently when swimming ! remember what your swallowing !!

6 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

and remember it when you start swallowing the sea water accidently when swimming ! remember what your swallowing !!

I think a lot of swallowing goes on there :cheesy:

It's ok, lighten up.