Five human trafficking suspects appear in Bangkok court

Five human trafficking suspects appear in Bangkok court

By The Nation

20c7078bd22607f1ba150d2ab8813fd5-sld.jpeg

Five human-trafficking suspects allegedly involved in a Mae Hong Son prostitution ring were brought to Bangkok's Ratchadaphisek Criminal Court on Thursday morning to apply for their first 12-day detention period pending police investigation.

Police opposed their release on bail on the grounds that the case carried heavy punishments if the suspects were convicted and the risk of them tampering with evidence and witnesses.

The five suspects, a 30-year-old man and four women aged 22 to 40, had been brought from Chiang Mai on Wednesday for interrogation at the Royal Thai Police head office in Bangkok, which Deputy National Police Chief Srivara Ransibrahmanakul attended. They were detained in the Thung Song Hong precinct's cells that night.

The five were detained after the criminal court approved their arrest warrants on charges of conspiracy to commit human trafficking to benefit from prostitution of girls under 18 and human trafficking. They also faced charges of procuring girls under 18 for prostitution and taking girls under 18 from their guardians for lewd acts or profits.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30314215

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-5-4

I hope that this is just the beginning, but with 11 arrested,  and none of them are any of the top brass.  I expect this to be

the cover up that all of us are expecting of this situation.  I doubt  that any one of the power in this city will be investigated.

Real shame that this kind of  corruption still  exists throughout Thailand.

Geezer

I haven't scene any activity with the Governor nor the School Director. The Governor is hiding out in his 5 start hotel in Bangkok and

the School Director must be still at his school. I still doubt anything will happen to them since it looks like their protected. The

low lifes will be taking the hit for the higher ups and their families will be taken care of. Amazing Thailand.