Just now, bazza73 said:

Guess we'll have to wait for confirmation from smotherb himself. I've always thought a BJ was a BJ.

Back when I first started coming to Thailand all the girls called it smoke or smoking. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, smotherb said:

I thought I had already responded to this. It appears you never tire of being wrong. I neither have a Western wife nor is the source of my comment a Western woman. If you had bothered to read #30, the post before yours, the statement about GIs creating the Thai sex industry was done in jest. I was first here in 1967, and I can assure you the sex industry was in full bloom. However, the fact that no one has responded to my “smoke” comment has me curious.

my mistake. sometimes hard to tell when some one is joking about something.  seems many people really believe that vietnam created prostitution in thailand.

10 hours ago, bazza73 said:

Perhaps the younger generation has not seen the "Emannuelle" film shot in Bangkok. If my memory is correct, that was the first time smoking with apertures other than the mouth appeared in the cinema.

I am afraid the Emmanuelle movie fans are a bit too young. That was in the mid-seventies and the Thai expression "smoke" was in full force in the mid-sixties

5 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

my mistake. sometimes hard to tell when some one is joking about something.  seems many people really believe that vietnam created prostitution in thailand.

Yeah, that was why I had to say it; if we had t get blamed for something, why not the Thai sex industry?

10 hours ago, ericthai said:

Back when I first started coming to Thailand all the girls called it smoke or smoking. 

Exactly, the sweet refrain of, "me smoke." The introduction questions often changed from, "Hi, how are you, what is your name?" to "Hi, how are you, do you smoke?" First things first.

29 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Exactly, the sweet refrain of, "me smoke." The introduction questions often changed from, "Hi, how are you, what is your name?" to "Hi, how are you, do you smoke?" First things first.

Smoke is slang for bj seems u misunderstand them.

13 hours ago, smotherb said:

I am afraid the Emmanuelle movie fans are a bit too young. That was in the mid-seventies and the Thai expression "smoke" was in full force in the mid-sixties

I didn't start coming to Thailand until the 90's and using "smoke" was common then. 

Than you have not met my GF.  NO not bar girl but a darn good job.
The best kisser of any woman, any nationality, that I have been with.  It is bloody wild.

And she learned it from where or whom? Traditional Thai kiss is the 'sniff kiss' not lips on lips.

On 5/5/2017 at 3:29 PM, smotherb said:

That may be true in a pay-as-you-go relationship. I am sure you could hire someone to suck your face; if that were your wish. However, I do not care to kiss the pay-as-you-go girls. I prefer to kiss someone who is kissing me because of desire and not money.

For sure they will kiss better for money than desire though!  

And how do you know she is kissing you for desire ?

She learned kissing from me but i broke up with her and now she with him[emoji3]

You taught her to be the most fantastic kisser you've experienced? Likely she learned it from other farangs before you. One doesn't go from traditional sniff-kiss to French kiss best expert within one relationship.

1 hour ago, jerojero said:

You taught her to be the most fantastic kisser you've experienced? Likely she learned it from other farangs before you. One doesn't go from traditional sniff-kiss to French kiss best expert within one relationship.

Mate it was an unserious comment heck I don't even know his wife but if she is such a great kisser i willing to give it a try.So u try to say his wife has had multiple others before him?

13 hours ago, ericthai said:

I didn't start coming to Thailand until the 90's and using "smoke" was common then. 

You must have been hanging around with the old dragons. I was told "me smoke" by an old dragon on the dark side in Songkhla about six months ago. I had to chuckle, it was the first time I had heard that term in many years.

12 hours ago, rogeroc said:

For sure they will kiss better for money than desire though!  

And how do you know she is kissing you for desire ?

I think you are still talking about ladies of negotiable virtue while I was not. It seems reasonable to offer no money for a kiss and wait for her to initiate the kissing several times before you call it, out of desire.

On 5/6/2017 at 10:31 PM, smotherb said:

I thought I had already responded to this. It appears you never tire of being wrong. I neither have a Western wife nor is the source of my comment a Western woman. If you had bothered to read #30, the post before yours, the statement about GIs creating the Thai sex industry was done in jest. I was first here in 1967, and I can assure you the sex industry was in full bloom. However, the fact that no one has responded to my “smoke” comment has me curious.

it simply wasn't worth comment.

5 hours ago, jerojero said:

why would it matter. I have a past too.

in fact i am leery of, if not just plain uninterested by a lack of experience.  

Just now, HooHaa said:

it simply wasn't worth comment.

Thank you. I appreciate your opinion. I think it has more to do with many do not know the connotation of "smoke." However, since I posted that, several others have commented. 

On 5/6/2017 at 11:33 PM, bazza73 said:

Guess we'll have to wait for confirmation from smotherb himself. I've always thought a BJ was a BJ.

he is correct, smoke means fellatio especially in the bar scene.

though its been a while since i have had occasion to hear any of the vernacular - certainly use of bar vernacular marks you out pretty clearly for all to see.

On 5/6/2017 at 9:31 PM, smotherb said:

Well I was here in 1967 too and I am familiar with your "smoke" comment.      

1 hour ago, Spaniel said:

Well I was here in 1967 too and I am familiar with your "smoke" comment.      

Yeah, that is when I first encountered the term. I don't doubt those of us who were here years ago have heard "me smoke".