Woman in Korat radio mast protest says her 14 year old relative was raped by a cop

webfact

Woman in Korat radio mast protest says her 14 year old relative was raped by a cop

6pm.jpg

Picture: Thai News Agency

NAKHON RATCHASIMA: -- A 35 year old woman scaled a radio mast at Region 3 police headquarters in Nakorn Rachasima yesterday in protest at a case that has gone cold.

The woman is claiming that a cop attached to the Pho Klang force in downtown Korat raped her 14 year old relative.

Despite the alleged offence happening a year ago little has been resolved. The public prosecutor decided there was no case to answer while the police are talking about financial compensation, reported Thai News Agency.

But the woman who climbed the mast yesterday and threatened to jump certainly got some attention - both the deputy provincial governor Murathathee Rakchartcharoen and the head of the province's police Suphakorn Khamsingnork were on hand.

They both spoke through a loud hailer to try to calm the situation and talk the woman down.

After an hour she gave up and a cradle brought her down from the 30 meter tall mast.

She handed officials a piece of paper outlining her grievances on behalf of her relative and was then taken to hospital.

Source: Thai News Agency

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-05

Good for you lady, more Isan families should stand up for their daughters. There are issues that go on that are not spoken about because the families would be afraid for their safety! 

53 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Oh come on now, don't ruin the good reputation of the Police.  Last month they were in the drugbusiness and now in the prostitution? Wha'ts next?

Who knows what depths they will plumb.

All we can be certain of is that next month there will be  another scandal which will be ignored or swept under the carpet....

Its really sad when people have to go to these lengths to try

and get some justice, 

"The public prosecutor decided there was no case to answer while the police are talking about financial compensation, "

so the public prosecutor could not be arsed to do his job, while the Police are looking to pay compensation ,and make 

it all go away.

regards worgeordie

While the worst case scenario for any cops getting caught committing a crime is to be "transferred to an inactive post", they will continue breaking the laws they are suppose to be upholding.

For Thai police, it's a free pass to do almost anything they want. And they certainly do.

Not saying all are corrupt or on the take, but certainly a lot are!

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Prosecutors normally go after everything, regardless of how spurious, so that seems suspicious.

Sadly, the rest of the story didn't surprise or shock me. TIT.

Did you mean Thai prosecutors or real prosecutors? While in other countries there is usually a healthy, if sometimes somewhat adversarial relationship, that tends to keep the cops honest and on the ball, I perceive a completely different dynamic between the different parts of the judicial process hereabouts.

8 minutes ago, fstarbkk said:

Did you mean Thai prosecutors or real prosecutors? While in other countries there is usually a healthy, if sometimes somewhat adversarial relationship, that tends to keep the cops honest and on the ball, I perceive a completely different dynamic between the different parts of the judicial process hereabouts.

Thai prosecutors will generally proceed with every case unless they are paid not to, regardless of how obvious the facts of the matter are.

Bear in mind, they are receiving an allegation from the cops, with only the evidence for the prosecution, not for the defence.

It is then up to you to visit the prosecutor, explain your side and pay a "fee" for it to be dropped, if he is in agreement with your story.

Said fee to be determined by the seriousness of the case and the amount of holes in your story.

The cops here are far from honest, and sadly neither are the prosecutors, the lawyers and the judges.

Edited by darksidedog

4 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Thai prosecutors will generally proceed with every case unless they are paid not to, regardless of how obvious the facts of the matter are.

Bear in mind, they are receiving an allegation from the cops, with only the evidence for the prosecution, not for the defence.

It is then up to you to visit the prosecutor, explain your side and pay a "fee" for it to be dropped, if he is in agreement with your story.

Said fee to be determined by the seriousness of the case and the amount of holes in your story.

The cops here are far from honest, and sadly neither are the prosecutors, the lawyers and the judges.

You said that, not me. Far be it from me to impugn the good name of the RTP or the prosecutors!

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Here we go again, another cop raping a child.

When oh when is the RTPgoing to be brought to account over all these disgusting animals masquerading as policemen?

We are hearing about this more because with the media outlets today the news cannot be swept under the rug as often. Police taking advantage of women and girls of all ages has been going on for decades in LOS and what we are seeing now is proberly only about 10% of what is really happening.

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

When oh when is the RTPgoing to be brought to account over all these disgusting animals masquerading as policemen?

In one word... NEVER

2 hours ago, sanukjim said:

We are hearing about this more because with the media outlets today the news cannot be swept under the rug as often. Police taking advantage of women and girls of all ages has been going on for decades in LOS and what we are seeing now is proberly only about 10% of what is really happening.

Sorry that excuse of media outlets is wearing a bit thin. Here you put a comment on FB and it's CCA time. BIB take advantage of everyone starting with children and ending with Farangs.

7 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Good for her, she did what she could, considering the system. Thailand is going to need some more of this outrage before things get fixed.

...many, many climb structures to sadly draw attention as all other means are ignored only to be hustled off to a hospital and be certified mentally unstable..complaint filed, no action. Sorry for this young person and the relative to have to go to these lengths.

A similar crime, RAPE, happened to my X's sister a few years ago. 10,000 was paid as a, keep it quite, compensation.

Sad!

Sadly, it seems to be a regular occurrence.

The lady, focused in this report, made a point by risking her own life.

Good for her, in the sense that she had to do something dangerous and drastic in order to try and seek justice. What about the poor victim? The emotional scares etc...

I wish her luck...

31 minutes ago, tandor said:

...many, many climb structures to sadly draw attention as all other means are ignored only to be hustled off to a hospital and be certified mentally unstable..complaint filed, no action. Sorry for this young person and the relative to have to go to these lengths.

When the whole system is so corrupt, it might be that some people feel that is the last resort. One can also stay home and criticize people who try to affect change.

Sorry to say, but I think I can say, Thai police is another word for shit.

They only can stop you when they smell money.

If you need them, you don't find them.

But I get the experience now, when you have a car camera in the front of your car, then they become more cautious.

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

Not in our lifetime. 

Sadly I doubt this woman has any chance of receiving justice, as the police and those is higher authority in most cases are above the laws here. If she knows the name of the officer concerned and makes it public, she will probably go to prison for defamation, especially if she has no proof.

Even if this woman had money and could afford to hire a top lawyer, I bet the policeman would conveniently disappear. It`s a no win situation for victims of crime in Thailand.