Ministry revokes ‘Boss’ passport

rooster59

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

I've got a feeling that this guy is going to come to a sticky end. Accident/suicide/unexplained death; Thai style!! After the initial news everything would quickly fade away. The Thai government would be off the hook and in a couple of months all would be forgiven and forgotten.

I wouldnt trust your feelings at all.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, tgeezer said:

I have to agree about the 'dorky' picture, with that 'feed cap' resting on his ears he looks halfwitted. Maybe the media chooses to use it intentionally.
There is little chance that he will be punished for the accident because it was just that, and coupled with his incredible wealth there is no way that anyone can keep him locked up even if he were found guilty of a crime.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

There is little chance he will punished because of his family wealth and power.
It was not an accident, it was reckless driving. There is a difference.

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

THE FOREIGN Affairs Ministry is in the process of revoking the passport of fugitive Red Bull heir Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya, spokeswoman Bussadee Santipitak said yesterday.

'... following a meeting with the Foreign Affairs Ministry |representative and Foreign Affairs Division Police, Sanit said that Vorayuth’s passport had been revoked

Which is it? In the process, or done and dusted?

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Well, BOSS has already demonstrated his driving skills. He could have another accident. Next time he might not be so fortunate. It might be him!!

Well, he could try driving for the family crest. But that's dangerous ... all the cars are going extremely fast; there would be no wriggle room for incompetence.

1 hour ago, tgeezer said:

There is little chance that he will be punished for the accident because it was just that,

Can't agree. I don't think it was an accident at all. If he had just whacked the police man and stopped i might see it that way. With what we know it could easily be considered murder.

48 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Being on the run for 10 years won't be easy. He will turn up soon enough or someone will see him and report him to the local police. 

Running for ten years would be very easy. Just find one country that doesn't care and live in a hotel suite for a decade. No problem at all. The real question is when the warrant expires does that mean the statute of limitations is up? Can they renew the warrant or is that the end of the issue? Nobody seems to know what the deal is. 

If ten years is the window for prosecution it is a done deal and he will stay away that long. Think about it would you rather do 10 years in a Thai prison or 10 years in a presidential suite? 

6 hours ago, rkidlad said:

8 times this turd failed to show up. Then they let him stroll out just before he was supposed to turn up for his last chance appearance. They procrastinate with his arrest warrant and they now do the same with his passport revocation. And we're told they're doing everythingsweet by the letter of the law. 

Apart from beach chairs, lottery numbers and cherry picked corruption cases - what's changed here? 

Sweet <deleted>.

It seems strange, but as near as I can determine that aircraft (long term lease from Swiss/Austrian leasing company AVCON - OE-LCY as flight AOJ85S) flew from DMK to XPS (Seletor, small airport in Singapore)  last evening 5 May 2017, departing DMK at 18:15 (+7), arriving XPS at 21:09 local time (+8)

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AOJ85S

Maybe it was sent to pick up other friends, family members, possessions?

8 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

Running for ten years would be very easy. Just find one country that doesn't care and live in a hotel suite for a decade. No problem at all. The real question is when the warrant expires does that mean the statute of limitations is up? Can they renew the warrant or is that the end of the issue? Nobody seems to know what the deal is. 

If ten years is the window for prosecution it is a done deal and he will stay away that long. Think about it would you rather do 10 years in a Thai prison or 10 years in a presidential suite? 

There's little chance he will be going to jail, even if he does return and face the courts. He just doesn't want  a conviction and then the sequence of bailing and appealing to keep out of the slammer. He could stay away and hide out, but that doesn't suit his jet setting lifestyle. Will be interesting to see if he turns up at any more F1 races. 

5 hours ago, rkidlad said:

8 times this turd failed to show up. Then they let him stroll out just before he was supposed to turn up for his last chance appearance. They procrastinate with his arrest warrant and they now do the same with his passport revocation. And we're told they're doing everything by the letter of the law. 

Apart from beach chairs, lottery numbers and cherry picked corruption cases - what's changed here? 

The Immigration police had NO reason to stop him leaving the country on his Thai passport as there was no warrant out for his arrest and any good lawyer would have him released instantly.

After an arrest warrant and passport cancellation however is a different matter. THEN you can blame the immigration police for letting him go.

With all this hoohaa about this government not doing very much please try to remember that the incident happened when the previous government was in power, so ask yourselves this, what did THEY do about it while they still had him in Thailand?

1 hour ago, Borzandy said:

He already has a new passport from another country.

Maybe he has, but it gives Thailand a good excuse to write/email every country to9 say his passport is now "annulled" and why...

Also as a business "Boss" this will not do his reputation much good.

12 minutes ago, DavisH said:

There's little chance he will be going to jail, even if he does return and face the courts. He just doesn't want  a conviction and then the sequence of bailing and appealing to keep out of the slammer. He could stay away and hide out, but that doesn't suit his jet setting lifestyle. Will be interesting to see if he turns up at any more F1 races. 

Ten years goes fast if the charges end at that point. As far as jet setting lifestyle goes sometimes we need to make compromises when we are running from felony charges. 

16 minutes ago, billd766 said:

The Immigration police had NO reason to stop him leaving the country on his Thai passport as there was no warrant out for his arrest and any good lawyer would have him released instantly.

After an arrest warrant and passport cancellation however is a different matter. THEN you can blame the immigration police for letting him go.

With all this hoohaa about this government not doing very much please try to remember that the incident happened when the previous government was in power, so ask yourselves this, what did THEY do about it while they still had him in Thailand?

Please do read what I wrote. 

I asked why law enforcement didn't speak to each other. Immigration could have informed the police of his imminent departure. Then the police could have come and done something. 

As for the previous government's errors, they were booted out. The new saviours have been in power over 2 years and nothing has changed. They came into power to change things, yet it's still the same minus less freedom of speech and some very ominous computer crime laws. 

6 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

You can not purchase obtain or acquire a foreign passport if you have an interpol alert. The delay in issuing such alert will enable him to obtain one easily but that will not enable him to avoid international arrest.

MINISTRY OF F.A is considering or pondering it's action;why not revoke his passport immediately? ?

he has ALREADY gotten another (foreign) passport;

and there are many countries with no Thailand extradition treaty

58 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I've got a feeling that this guy is going to come to a sticky end. Accident/suicide/unexplained death; Thai style!! After the initial news everything would quickly fade away. The Thai government would be off the hook and in a couple of months all would be forgiven and forgotten.

The only thing that will take this guy out is a real accident, he will have sufficient minders to ensure nothing else happens.  

4 hours ago, Toshiba66 said:

Ministry revokes ‘Boss’ passport

THE FOREIGN Affairs Ministry is in the process of revoking the passport

Sanit said that Vorayuth’s passport had been revoked,

Anyone else dizzy and confused over this? Taking his passport away would be like taking away one of his credit cards. Would not bother him one bit.

Sanit....the man who was paid by Thai Bev, then wasn't. What's confusing?

16 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Please do read what I wrote. 

I asked why law enforcement didn't speak to each other. Immigration could have informed the police of his imminent departure. Then the police could have come and done something. 

As for the previous government's errors, they were booted out. The new saviours have been in power over 2 years and nothing has changed. They came into power to change things, yet it's still the same minus less freedom of speech and some very ominous computer crime laws. 

I did read what you had written but until charges were laid by the RTP (not the Immigration police) and a waarnt obtained or his passport was legally cancelled the Immigration police had no legal way of refusing him permission to exit.

If they had arrested and held him and no warrant or passport cancellation was immediately available, dated BEFORE he was held then any lawyer could have had him freed in an instant and he would have a strong case for suing the RTP, Immigration and the courts for false arrest.

The problem and the blame lies with the RTP at Thong Lor who have had 5 YEARS to get a warrant for his arrest.

If you want to blame anyone then blame them from day one.

Never mind that the previous government were booted out as they hhd about 2 years to do something, but did nothing so they have a share of the blame as well.

At least under this government something is being done. It may not be much and it may not be good enough for farangs but it is a lot more than I have seen done under governments and juntas going back as far as 1993.

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I did read what you had written but until charges were laid by the RTP (not the Immigration police) and a waarnt obtained or his passport was legally cancelled the Immigration police had no legal way of refusing him permission to exit.

If they had arrested and held him and no warrant or passport cancellation was immediately available, dated BEFORE he was held then any lawyer could have had him freed in an instant and he would have a strong case for suing the RTP, Immigration and the courts for false arrest.

The problem and the blame lies with the RTP at Thong Lor who have had 5 YEARS to get a warrant for his arrest.

If you want to blame anyone then blame them from day one.

Never mind that the previous government were booted out as they hhd about 2 years to do something, but did nothing so they have a share of the blame as well.

At least under this government something is being done. It may not be much and it may not be good enough for farangs but it is a lot more than I have seen done under governments and juntas going back as far as 1993.

Sure. All very good. 

Just one problem. Article 44. Use it and prove that you're wanting to change things. This case was perfect to set a massive example and to more justify a coup. No? Then excuse me if I don't believe anything has changed. 

4 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Of course something has changed.

Tea money is now collected by another group of society.

Unfortunately it sees that way. 

Maybe one day there might be a real coupè not a "Clayton's coupè" leading to real change. 

7 hours ago, daboyz1 said:

Thaksin has been running around for years with a revoked passport. He just paid off some governments and got a couple new ones. What's stopping this punk and his family from doing the same thing?

Correct.  Thaksin has a Maltese passport.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_world_/2013/11/13/you_can_now_be_maltese_for_865_000_which_countries_let_you_buy_citizenship.html

7 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

I'm always amazed why the media chooses to use a 5 year old photograph of this character when there are quite a few more up to date shots available, mostly showing him enjoying his freedom in the U.K. and at F1 races.. 

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=Vorayuth+“Boss”+Yoovidhya,&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiTrZ2wgdrTAhUMM48KHaJpBrIQ_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=638#imgdii=gNcB5KlxWlFzEM:&imgrc=y1Fr8CzDvx8yfM:

And more honest reporting from sites like this; http://www.torontosun.com/2017/03/30/prosecutors-in-thailand-postpone-appearance-for-red-bull-heir-vorayuth-boss-yoovidhya

Although the Toronto Sun gets the headline description correct they also take 5 years off his age ( something I've been doing for myself lately).