no google services works anymore

alocacoc

9 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Agreed......Would be nice to have an announcement and be offered a credit on the next bill.

In years of ISP service from both True Online and 3BB, I can't recall EVER being voluntarily/automatically offered any bill credit from either of them -- even when their service to my home (for whatever reason) was out/dead for multiple days at times.

In some of those past kinds of episodes with True Online, I did request/demand and ultimately receive a bill credit for whatever number of days my internet was entirely dead, and that occurred quite a few different times over the years.

In the shorter time I've had 3BB, I think I got a bill credit from them once upon request, but haven't had as many problems arise as had occurred with True Online.

The main point being, in all cases, I had to persistently, forcefully request and demand to get any bill credit. It was never offered voluntarily by the ISP as a gesture of good "customer relations".... :violin:

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on AIS Fibre here in Bangkok.

I just changed my DNS from the default AIS DNS to the Google DNS as my primary DNS OpenDNS as my secondary DNS which I normally use anyway but the Win 10 Creators update must have wiped those settings.  

Anyway, once changing to Google DNS I cannot connect to numerous international websites and/or they are VERY slow.   Have done an ipconfig /dnsflush and also deleted cookies/surfing history in Chrome...no help.    Also rebooted my AIS router and all access points in the house...didn't help.  And when using Outlook it can't connect to the gmail pop servers.    And when "not" using the Google/OpenDNS servers...just going back to the default DNS settings didn't help either.  Apparently me changing DNS settings has messed up my international connections.  Strange....never experienced this problem before and I have done quite a few DNS changes while playing around.

Using the Windows Edge browser I get a lot more connection/much faster speed to international sites.  IE is working no better than Chrome.

However, make a Singapore or U.S. VPN connection and things work normal again.   All three browsers make connections to international websites, Outlook can send/receive via POP to gmail servers, etc.  

And just now, without me mentioning anything about this problem the wife turned on her tablet to do some Youtube surfing via our home's Wifi connection just like I use on the computer and Youtube will not make a connection.   Now since I had not touched DNS servers on the tablet that tells me there is something wrong with my internet connection upstream....outside of my house...an AIS international gateway problem.  Will call them tomorrow if things are not back to normal tomorrow morning.

Gosh, now wish I had never changed the DNS setting in my computer which I have done numerous times before with zero problems. 

Edit:  now, just a few minutes after posting above,  the wife's tablet is working fine with Youtube and I can also access Youtube with my computer.  Accessing my gmail accounts with Outlook now working again, but still can't reach some websites like cnn.com and speedtest.net.    But no problem reaching Thai websites.

6 hours ago, alocacoc said:

Must be something serious. Hope we are fine soon. 3bb support is overwhelmed.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

In Chumphon, a friend in nearby restaurant had some problems with 3BB viewing youtube.  I checked from my phone in the same wifi and I confirmed not working.  Switched to My CAT mobile connection and youtube loaded fine.   And at home with 3bb on laptop, I confirmed YouTube is NOT working.  I switched DNS to google DNS and Youtube loads some of its content, but videos are not playing.   Gmail seems to work just fine though.

So in short: 

- 3bb ISP cannot access YouTube with 3bb DNS server, or the access is sporadic.  Switching to another DNS server still results in sporadic service.

- Gmail, google translate, and Maps seem to work ok.  YMMV

- The Opera browser options is pretty good for those that need to use YouTube quickly (must go to Settings >> Privacy and Security >> Enable VPN

- other websites seem to be unaffected.  Just Youtube (and maybe some other google services).

3BB is normally very good service and I do hope they will fix this soon and overcome this.

Opera turn on VPN settings.gif

1 minute ago, wcoast said:

Has anyone thought to muse that this might be related to the dreaded Single Gateway government sniffarama?

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Doubtful since 3BB seems to be the only ISP affected. I'd go with a server issue as it was said earlier.

Ok here's my problem.

Yes I am on 3bb, and in 7 years, this is the first time i have ever had a problem

First of all the Gmails on my Thunderbird would not receive or send emails. But I could still receive and send by logging in one at a time directly on Google.

So Thunderbird didn't work but at least i can access my emails. Hotmail remains unaffected.

The Google told me that someone had used my password in the USA to log in on several of my Gmail accounts and they blocked them to the hacker.

So I changed all five passwords, and could still log in ok but not on Thunderbird.

Then the real nightmare started. I went to use my mobile (Android) and even after entering the new passwords (which are accepted) I am completely unable to log into google on my phone and access emails, or play store etc. I have been trying to find out what is the problem all evening, and the phone just goes round and round in circles and telling me to log in again with messages about not being able to communicate with the server and so on...

So is this all to do with the 3BB server issue? If so, I will wait until fixed.

Thanks, for any expert info on this.

Mobi

1 minute ago, Mobi said:

Ok here's my problem.

Yes I am on 3bb, and in 7 years, this is the first time i have ever had a problem

First of all the Gmails on my Thunderbird would not receive or send emails. But I could still receive and send by logging in one at a time directly on Google.

So Thunderbird didn't work but at least i can access my emails. Hotmail remains unaffected.

The Google told me that someone had used my password in the USA to log in on several of my Gmail accounts and they blocked them to the hacker.

So I changed all five passwords, and could still log in ok but not on Thunderbird.

Then the real nightmare started. I went to use my mobile (Android) and even after entering the new passwords (which are accepted) I am completely unable to log into google on my phone and access emails, or play store etc. I have been trying to find out what is the problem all evening, and the phone just goes round and round in circles and telling me to log in again with messages about not being able to communicate with the server and so on...

Mobi

Are you connected through WiFi or data when you're using your phone ?

If you're using the same wifi network it's more than likely 3BB related. I'd say the phone can't access the Google servers therefore can't confirm your login.

5 minutes ago, jaymbkk said:

Does the mobile version of the Opera browser also include a VPN option ? 

No but there's an app both for iOS and Android called Opera VPN that encrypts all traffic, not just within the browser. It's really great!

4 minutes ago, jaymbkk said:

Does the mobile version of the Opera browser also include a VPN option ? 

Dont think so...

Because, as I mentioned above, Opera also has a free Opera VPN Android app that's easy to use and routes all the traffic from your phone thru the VPN, not just if you're using their Opera browser for Android.

29 minutes ago, Mobi said:

Ok here's my problem.

Mobi

I can only warn everyone against re-typing PASSWORDS.

There is/was something strange going on about DNS, SSL certificates and traffic being routed to different servers than intended.

I am still wondering how the hell alphabet's website was served from a 3BB server using alphabet's SSL certificate (see earlier in the thread).

In any case, I am no routing, SSL  and OSI guru, and even if this is no man in the middle attack and a broken server is the truth, it still smells fishy enough to me to be very very careful.

Here in Phitsanulok, 3BB problems continue. Internet access (without VPN) is fine with the exception of Google services. Using VPN, accessible.

However, I have my Gmail account (IMAP) on my Microsoft Outlook and the only way I can use this account (on Outlook) is through a hotpoint on my phone connected to PC. Company email is unaffected.

I have just remotely connected to the office server with Teamviewer (office running on AIS fiber) to check there were no problems there. Again, without VPN, all OK

20 minutes ago, deecypher said:

No but there's an app both for iOS and Android called Opera VPN that encrypts all traffic, not just within the browser. It's really great!

Thanks a lot ! I've installed the Opera VPN and it's working like a charm ! 

Frankly, this is a pretty minor disruption, given that it's not their internet service overall that's failed, but just some of their routing to Google services -- a problem that customers via VPNs can easily remedy until things are back to normal.

I've had True Online for many years in the past with their horrible customer service, and 3BB would have to go a long way and screw up far more than they have thus far for me to ever consider going back to True Online.

Even the big boys like Google, Microsoft, Amazon, etc have things break, go down, get hacked, etc from time to time. It's hardly a shocker that the same thing would happen here in the hinterlands. Just be glad you still have a working internet connection instead of a completely dead one.

Wrong, it is the entire service that has failed for many of us.
I have no service at all since this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, irlguy1 said:

Wrong, it is the entire service that has failed for many of us.
I have no service at all since this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah same too but it seems everything back to normal now .. 

Just now, jaymbkk said:

Are you connected through WiFi or data when you're using your phone ?

If you're using the same wifi network it's more than likely 3BB related. I'd say the phone can't access the Google servers therefore can't confirm your login.

Yes I am as I have cancelled my AIS internet contract. I will spend 15 Baht and get connected through AIS and see if it fixes the problems. Thanks.

Just now, Mobi said:

Yes I am as I have cancelled my AIS internet contract. I will spend 15 Baht and get connected through AIS and see if it fixes the problems. Thanks.

Wait, seems like everything is back to normal. Working for me and seems to be working for others as well. Give it another try before to spend on something else 

it seems back in Pattaya too.

a tracert to abc.xyz yielded the following:

Routenverfolgung zu abc.xyz [43.245.144.183]
über maximal 30 Hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  router.asus.com [192.168.1.1]
  2    16 ms    15 ms    15 ms  10.121.20.253
  3    24 ms    15 ms    15 ms  10.121.20.242
  4    17 ms    17 ms    17 ms  10.33.34.221
  5    17 ms    17 ms    17 ms  10.254.254.50
  6    17 ms    16 ms    17 ms  10.255.8.220
  7    18 ms    18 ms    17 ms  10.255.8.210
  8    29 ms    32 ms    32 ms  192.168.255.36
  9    17 ms    17 ms    16 ms  43.245.144.183

Ablaufverfolgung beendet.

the final IP is now correct.

but the last hop before the final destination seems a bit off ! lol.

I guess they have put in a temporary router, this is going to change again soon.

6 minutes ago, manarak said:

it seems back in Pattaya too.

a tracert to abc.xyz yielded the following:

Routenverfolgung zu abc.xyz [43.245.144.183]
über maximal 30 Hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  router.asus.com [192.168.1.1]
  2    16 ms    15 ms    15 ms  10.121.20.253
  3    24 ms    15 ms    15 ms  10.121.20.242
  4    17 ms    17 ms    17 ms  10.33.34.221
  5    17 ms    17 ms    17 ms  10.254.254.50
  6    17 ms    16 ms    17 ms  10.255.8.220
  7    18 ms    18 ms    17 ms  10.255.8.210
  8    29 ms    32 ms    32 ms  192.168.255.36
  9    17 ms    17 ms    16 ms  43.245.144.183

Ablaufverfolgung beendet.

the final IP is now correct.

but the last hop before the final destination seems a bit off ! lol.

I guess they have put in a temporary router, this is going to change again soon.

hmmm.... that traceroute gave me other ideas I had to verify... just did a speedtest with Zurich, Switzerland.

got the fastest results EVER. 40 Mbits down, 10 Mbits up.

We might have a direct connection to the internet, with all the dangers that it brings. Check your firewalls are up.

I switched to AIS on my phone and I could access Google Play and downloaded Outlook. (previously deleted). I succeeded in loading in my Hotmail account and 1 gmail account, but try as I might I can't load any more of my gmail accounts. God knows why....It keeps telling I have a wrong password, but I know that it's correct because  I use it on my desk top.

Time for bed...

Archived