Should i use.....

16 minutes ago, Ian1980 said:

....the immigration office where i reside, or where i temporary live, or i can use any immigration office in Thailand?

It depends upon the your status with immigration and what you want to do at an office.

If on a tourist visa or visa exempt entry you can apply for a 30 day extension at any office if you have a local address to put on the TM7 form. You may need some supporting evidence of the local address such as a receipt for a hotel.

If on an a long extension of stay you have to do everything at the office where you applied for the extension unless you formally change your address. The only exception is applying for a re-entry permit at an airport or a border crossing.

Some short stay extensions will require you to have proof of residence for where you are applying for it. An example is the 60 day extension to visit a Thai wife or your child.

Need to do a 30 days extension based on border land from Cambodia...normally i will do in Phuket, but as i visiting my family, can i do it at Chayaphum immigration? If cant i will find myself in overstay situation.

1 minute ago, Ian1980 said:

Need to do a 30 days extension based on border land from Cambodia...normally i will do in Phuket, but as i visiting my family, can i do it at Chayaphum immigration? If cant i will find myself in overstay situation.

Yes you can. You only need a local address to put on the TM7 form. They might want to see some proof of it. 

34 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can. You only need a local address to put on the TM7 form. They might want to see some proof of it. 

So Ubonjoe, i just put the hotel address where i stay, right?

i got an extension on an SETV in buriram in january this year.  i put my bangkok address on the TM7.   they just entered stuff into the computer and threw my form away.  gave me my picture back. i guess i had the good mood IO.

18 hours ago, Ian1980 said:

Ubonjoe, the fact that i was never asked for any proof of residence was just a good luck, or depends on IO mood?

Whether or not proof of where you're staying is required is down to the office (not the IO) you're applying at. I would guess most offices don't ask.

If you use a hotel address (don't use your family's address) you should have no problem getting an extension. The hotel should have already reported to immigration that you're staying at their hotel.

At the Chayaphum immigration today the won't make my extension as i not reside in Chayaphum: so one of the officer suggest to book any kind of hotel in the Chayaphum area and show the booking. I not understand why should do that, if i will never check in that hotel. Apart of this, as a new office the service is very fast and very gentle officers.

8 hours ago, Ian1980 said:

At the Chayaphum immigration today the won't make my extension as i not reside in Chayaphum: so one of the officer suggest to book any kind of hotel in the Chayaphum area and show the booking. I not understand why should do that, if i will never check in that hotel. Apart of this, as a new office the service is very fast and very gentle officers.

Tnis is exactly what you have been told all along here in this thread... get proof of address in Chaiyaphum-area....

So check into a hotell, get a copy of the booking or receipt from that hotell, and go back to immigration, and you should be fine.

Reason is that the immigration officies only deal with people that "belong" to their service-area... capice??

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo

8 hours ago, Ian1980 said:

At the Chayaphum immigration today the won't make my extension as i not reside in Chayaphum: so one of the officer suggest to book any kind of hotel in the Chayaphum area and show the booking.

Did you put a Chaiyaphum address on the TM7 form?

If staying with friends or family you could use their address and show a copy of their house book registry and ID card.

On 5/9/2017 at 6:51 AM, glegolo said:

Tnis is exactly what you have been told all along here in this thread... get proof of address in Chaiyaphum-area....

So check into a hotell, get a copy of the booking or receipt from that hotell, and go back to immigration, and you should be fine.

Reason is that the immigration officies only deal with people that "belong" to their service-area... capice??

Glegolo

My friend, maybe you think i am stupid, but i am not.

My cooment was just on the fact that for the immigration was enough the confirmation booking, in that case, from booking.com, even i will never check in the hotel.

Capice??

On 5/9/2017 at 7:16 AM, ubonjoe said:

Did you put a Chaiyaphum address on the TM7 form?

If staying with friends or family you could use their address and show a copy of their house book registry and ID card.

Hi Ubonjoe: not. I went there with my wife korat home address and with a copy of the tabien baan.

After that one officer suggest me what i wrote up in the 3ad

54 minutes ago, Ian1980 said:

My friend, maybe you think i am stupid, but i am not.

My cooment was just on the fact that for the immigration was enough the confirmation booking, in that case, from booking.com, even i will never check in the hotel.

Capice??

hahaha, I admit I dont even know why I ended my post by writing a stupid italian word... sorry about that!!! AND no I do not think at all you are stupid..

Glegolo

• Like 1