Football Quiz.

3 minus 2

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

I played for arsenal had stints at celtic and wolves and managed to play 50+ games for middlesBrough I'm nearing the end of my career.

Who am I? 

When you say "stint at Celtic", do you mean that he played a game for them , or joined them and left without playing a game ?

33 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Damn right and I hate leeds too but I ain't telling ya why.

But no it is not the answer. This is so obscure champers may struggle finding this answer on Google.  But ya never know

Now now Rc2702, we know you have had a less than satisfactory weekend but no need to be taking it out on the rest of us. Everything will turn out all right when you buy Dick van Dyke. Milner is very versatile, so he can fill in for Coutinho. I hope his poorly back gets better soon.

Just now, champers said:

Now now Rc2702, we know you have had a less than satisfactory weekend but no need to be taking it out on the rest of us. Everything will turn out all right when you buy Dick van Dyke. Milner is very versatile, so he can fill in for Coutinho. I hope his poorly back gets better soon.

Sod that let's be shipping him out no point keeping an unhappy player. 120m all day long. Fair play to the lad too he pushed us on. Sad to see people slagging him off after he is very likely forced to hand in the transfer request.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

Sod that let's be shipping him out no point keeping an unhappy player. 120m all day long. Fair play to the lad too he pushed us on. Sad to see people slagging him off after he is very likely forced to hand in the transfer request.

Well said. It is all about wringing the best price out of Barcelona. You certainly had your moneys worth out of him. This move has been on the cards for ages, so you must have a list of targets to replace him.

• Like 1

Just now, onthesoi said:

Who was the first British team to win the Champions League with 11 players born within 30 miles of their home stadium?

It's a dud that. No British team won CL with 11 homegrown players born within 30 miles of home ground. European cup maybe but defo not CL

4 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

It's a dud that. No British team won CL with 11 homegrown players born within 30 miles of home ground. European cup maybe but defo not CL

Dud? Defo not the CL?

It's Celtic  .... all but one member(Bobby Lennox was born 30 miles away in Saltcoats) of the 15 man squad were born within 10 miles of Celtic Park in Glasgow,

Edited by onthesoi

4 hours ago, NE1 said:

onthesoi , Rc is just being pedantic.  What he is saying is , when Celtic won the cup in 1967 , it was called the European Cup , not the Champions League.

Ah he is referring to the rebranding that led to the name of the competition being changed.  End of the day, Celtic's name is on the CL trophy and UEFA log it as CL win.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=1966/matches/round=950/match=62255/index.html

So what's that another dud question?

Amateur hour.

Ok gimme every single Uruguayan to ever play in the PL?

19 players defo requires a team effort.

On a side note I've never met a Uruguayan woman but am I wrong to think they would be kind of ugly? 

• Like 1

Suarez, Liverpool.

Poyet, Chelsea and Spurs.

Foreskin, Man Utd.

I've picked all the hard ones, so everyone else can mop up the easy ones.

Oh ... and....The Uruguay captain from 2010 WC played at West Brom but was rubbish. Lugano?

Just now, champers said:

Suarez, Liverpool.

Poyet, Chelsea and Spurs.

Foreskin, Man Utd.

I've picked all the hard ones, so everyone else can mop up the easy ones.

Oh ... and....The Uruguay captain from 2010 WC played at West Brom but was rubbish. Lugano?

Pretty sure there is 1 more scum in this at least and 1 super red more