Two bedrooms one air con - pictures go viral on social media

webfact

Two bedrooms one air con - pictures go viral on social media

3apm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

NAKHON NAYOK: -- Thais may have hit on a novel idea to save money - or it may just be a false economy.

Both views were expounded after pictures of an air conditioner shared between two bedrooms was shared across social media.

Half of the unit is in one room then through a hole in the wall the other half appears in the adjoining bedroom.

The pictures were posted by "Titi Japantour" who turned out to be Titi Sonthinaen who was staying at a bungalow in Keng Thiam of Nakorn Nayok, reported Thai Rath.

The bungalow has two bedrooms and a living room for one group, Titi said. There was no remote, just a central breaker so the unit's temperature could not be adjusted.

Titi said that it could be opened so that it could be cleaned but it might be problematical.

Posters on social media fell into two groups - those who thought it was a great idea, and those who questioned whether the BTU output was sufficient to keep two rooms cool.

Titi seemed happy after telling Thai Rath online that there was no beef with the resort - the pictures were posted to amuse friends.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-08

. I've seen some stupid things but that is up there with the best of them. Hotels/bungalows would save a lot of money by regularly cleaning out the filters. First thing i do when i check into a room is pull out and wash the filters; 9 times out of 10 they are clogged which means the air con has to work harder to keep the room cool.

Talk about taking things to the extreme.

No remote, so you cannot change the temperature, priceless.

Excuse my ignorance, but i thought it was not advisable to have the aircon next to a wall.

Maybe crossy or someone else with who knows more about these things can enlighten us.

False economy. Could have saved more $$$ by having a foldable partition, or a hung curtain on tracks like the massage joints, than a plastered block wall...

Edited by trogers

26 minutes ago, humqdpf said:

Clearly the writers of Thai Visa and some of its readers don't get out much. I have seen this "solution" many times, in offices, living rooms and in bedrooms

Unfortunately some of us old geriatrics are not as  worldly wise, or as bright as you.

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Talk about taking things to the extreme.

No remote, so you cannot change the temperature, priceless.

Excuse my ignorance, but i thought it was not advisable to have the aircon next to a wall.

Maybe crossy or someone else with who knows more about these things can enlighten us.

my old room would KEEP the remote so u didnt use AC....thus charging less rent--I could

still turn it ON via the breaker--so i could cool the room a bit but still pay FAN price

also in long term i could just go buy my own remote......but the breaker is a quick fix :wai:

Thai logic at its best in the pic .....

2 hours ago, humqdpf said:

Clearly the writers of Thai Visa and some of its readers don't get out much. I have seen this "solution" many times, in offices, living rooms and in bedrooms

A hell of a lot better than nothing for sure! seen often in massage rooms and the like - so I am told!

7 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

. I've seen some stupid things but that is up there with the best of them. Hotels/bungalows would save a lot of money by regularly cleaning out the filters. First thing i do when i check into a room is pull out and wash the filters; 9 times out of 10 they are clogged which means the air con has to work harder to keep the room cool.

Hang on, let me get this straight. The first thing you do when you check into a hotel/resort/guest room is to open the aircons and wash the filters if they're clogged?

Okay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Enterprising.

This one AC unit per two rooms concept may kick-start a new trend? What next?

One king sized bed per two bedrooms? One 48 inch flat screen TV per two rooms?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

6 hours ago, humqdpf said:

I travel a lot.

Never seen this anywhere.