Two bedrooms one air con - pictures go viral on social media

webfact

@taichiplanet

On 5/8/2017 at 5:27 PM, Baerboxer said:

Hang on, let me get this straight. The first thing you do when you check into a hotel/resort/guest room is to open the aircons and wash the filters if they're clogged?

Okay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I do the same.  Not my "first" thing and not all the time, but if the room is not clean, musty smell, a/c not functioning efficiently, I pop the lid on the a/c and, like TCPlanet said, 9/10 times, the filter is a science experiment.  Not shocking given the typical attitude here toward preventative maintenance, and employees and business owners who don't know, or know and don't give a shit.   My next stop is the loo, checking water heater for earth ground wire.

Hang on, let me get this straight. The first thing you do when you check into a hotel/resort/guest room is to open the aircons and wash the filters if they're clogged?

I also do this. It takes 10 minutes and ensures some relatively clean air in your room. When I didn't do this I often woke up coughing and full of phlegm, blocked nose etc... Common sense really and very easy to do... You wouldn't believe the amount of dust on some of those hotel filters...

That IS funny; on both ends:smile:

On 5/8/2017 at 10:13 AM, taichiplanet said:

. I've seen some stupid things but that is up there with the best of them. Hotels/bungalows would save a lot of money by regularly cleaning out the filters. First thing i do when i check into a room is pull out and wash the filters; 9 times out of 10 they are clogged which means the air con has to work harder to keep the room cool.

OCD 

If scummy Thai apartment landlords didn't charge as much as 10 baht per unit for electricity, when it is only 4 baht per unit from the electric company, people could actually afford to run their air-cons. How this isn't illegal I don't know. Also the landlords know that tenants won't turn on the air-con, so it saves wear and tear on the equipment. They win either way.

OCD

Dirty air-con units in hotels are a major source of the Legionella bug, the cause of potentially deadly Legionaires disease.  I also wash the air con filters.  Nothing to do with OCD.

On 08/05/2017 at 5:53 PM, natway09 said:

I went to a massage place the other week & the couple next door shared our aircon. Same set up

Hey it worked, although they were a bit noisy

Edit: Upps, that comment was already there...

Edited by jethro69
double post

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

Dirty air-con units in hotels are a major source of the Legionella bug, the cause of potentially deadly Legionaires disease.  I also wash the air con filters.  Nothing to do with OCD.

Not correct. The Legonella bug develops in the water supply of large commercial air con systems, not small domestic units.

On Mon May 08 2017 at 10:13 AM, taichiplanet said:

. I've seen some stupid things but that is up there with the best of them. Hotels/bungalows would save a lot of money by regularly cleaning out the filters. First thing i do when i check into a room is pull out and wash the filters; 9 times out of 10 they are clogged which means the air con has to work harder to keep the room cool.

You pay a hotel for the privilage of cleaning its air-con?! Now THAT'S stupid!