Address-Reporting??? Scenarios! Please help!

6 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

How would immigration know that you left the city and how would they know how long you spent out of the city?

In Phuket, I was informed by immigration that if my address hasn't changed, then no need to report again.

When you travel from your home in Thailand and stay at  a hotel they ask for your passport and report these details to Immigration. That is how they know.  

36 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

When you travel from your home in Thailand and stay at  a hotel they ask for your passport and report these details to Immigration. That is how they know.  

All I can say is that I have had no problems with immigration and I have only registered my address once, which was about four years ago.

That includes retirement visa extensions and 90 day reports. I have stayed in many hotels during this period. Maybe the I/O used his common sense and was able to tell the difference between temporary accommodation and a permanent accommodation?

What they do at your local immigration might be very different.

Edited by KarenBravo

1 hour ago, digbeth said:

If you spend any time in hotels that has always required to report all guests foreign and Thai, they'd have filed a TM30 form with your name on it, they'd see that you've 'moved' to a hotel in a different city and if you didn't file yours when you get back, that's a fine.

But my understanding is that the fine is levied against the homeowner/householder, so it's up to your landlord, apartment owner to report you... unless it's your own condo of course...

and if you have a holding company that  you technically renting from... ? who knows

See my reply on post #33.

Edited by KarenBravo

On 5/8/2017 at 5:09 PM, moonseeker said:

The office to do so is left side coming into Pattaya office, with a very friendly and supportive young lady helping and accepting forms.

That would be the young lady that when I was reporting for 3 people, got the nationalities of 2 wrong twice, and got the address of 1 wrong twice.

Even when it was upstairs they would always get one of the nationalities wrong.

5 hours ago, digbeth said:
  If you spend any time in hotels that has always required to report all guests foreign and Thai, they'd have filed a TM30 form with your name on it, they'd see that you've 'moved' to a hotel in a different city and if you didn't file yours when you get back, that's a fine.

But my understanding is that the fine is levied against the homeowner/householder, so it's up to your landlord, apartment owner to report you... unless it's your own condo of course...

and if you have a holding company that  you technically renting from... ? who knows

With reference to Section 38 of the Immigration Act relative to the notification by the house-master, owner or possessor of the arrival of a foreigner at the residence and the terminology used in your post,

1. the homeowner is the owner;

2. the householder, ie the head of the household, is the house-master;

3. the landlord is the owner;

4. the apartment owner is the owner;

5. the foreigner renting from a company is the house-master, ie the chief possessor of the residence in his or her capacity as the tenant as defined in Article 4 of the Immigration Act.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Maestro said:

With reference to Section 38 of the Immigration Act relative to the notification by the house-master, owner or possessor of the arrival of a foreigner at the residence and the terminology used in your post,

1. the homeowner is the owner;

2. the householder, ie the head of the household, is the house-master;

3. the landlord is the owner;

4. the apartment owner is the owner;

5. the foreigner renting from a company is the house-master, ie the chief possessor of the residence in his or her capacity as the tenant as defined in Article 4 of the Immigration Act.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Does the house master has to be registered in the Tabien Baan / Yellow book as the house master in order to report?

6 minutes ago, digbeth said:

Does the house master has to be registered in the Tabien Baan / Yellow book as the house master in order to report?

Not according to the definition of house master in the immigration act.

13 hours ago, Maestro said:

On Tuesday, May 09, 2017 at 10:29 AM, dentonian said:

The TM30 should be filed within 24 hours of arriving back at your place of residence, as informed on your TM6, not 24 hours of arrival in LOS.

Whether you are required to file a TM30 when re-entering will depend on your Immigration office.

Which office is it?

Upps, I put a hotel in Bkk on Tm6, as it was where I stayed the 3 first days.

• Like 1

I ask behalf of a friend that is not member on TV despite my recommendation :-)

He will visit a Thai lady friend in Bangkok met online (I know, I have given him all the advise I can give him on that but thats another story for another day) and he will stay for a longer period of time at her condo.

This Thai lady friend lives in a condo which she rents and does not own.

is she the one reporting to immigration as a house-master or similar that this farang now lives at her place?

Edited by Sexbomb
Wrong grammar

3 minutes ago, Sexbomb said:

I ask behalf of a friend that is not member on TV despite my recommendation :-)

I will visit a Thai lady friend in Bangkok met online (I know, I have given him all the advise I can give him on that but thats another story for another day) and he will stay for a longer period of time at her condo.

This Thai lady friend lives in a condo which she rents and does not own.

is she the one reporting to immigration as a house-master or similar that this farang now lives at her place?

What kind of Visa is he entering on and how long is he staying?

2 minutes ago, dentonian said:

What kind of Visa is he entering on and how long is he staying?

Lets for argument sake just say reporting is needed to keep things simple.

Is she the one having to report to immigration?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sexbomb said:

Lets for argument sake just say reporting is needed to keep things simple.

Is she the one having to report to immigration?

Yes, she is both the possessor and tenant of the property.

She may need to take her rental contract as proof of address.

But I doubt she will be aware of the need to report him.

Edited by dentonian

6 minutes ago, dentonian said:

Yes, she is both the possessor and tenant of the property.

She may need to take her rental contract as proof of address.

But I doubt she will be aware of the need to report him.

Thanks.

I suspect she has her address there and that she is registered in the blue book.

Would that suffice if not a rental contract cant be shown for whatever reason as proof of her residence and that she actually lives there?

5 minutes ago, Sexbomb said:

Thanks.

I suspect she has her address there and that she is registered in the blue book.

Would that suffice if not a rental contract cant be shown for whatever reason as proof of her residence and that she actually lives there?

Yes, but as she rents and is not the owner I doubt she will be registered on her landlords Tabien Baan.

She is more than likely registered on a family members Tabien Baan at a different address, which is why I stated she may need her rental contact. Condo address, her name.

Something to check on and confirm.

If the Immigration office is Chang Wattana they never ask for a TM30 to be filed.

Edited by dentonian

1 minute ago, dentonian said:

Yes, but as she rents and is not the owner I doubt she will be registered on her landlords Tabien Baan.

She is more than likely registered on a family members Tabien Baan at a different address, which is why I stated she may need her rental contact. Condo address, her name.

Something to check on and confirm.

Thanks for the speedy replies.

But if she is registered in the blue book, then that is enough to show to immigration?

Is that correct?

I am just trying to work out a clear scenario as I dont want my friend, who does not know the rules and Thailand very well, to get into any trouble with immigration.

2 minutes ago, Sexbomb said:

But if she is registered in the blue book, then that is enough to show to immigration?

Is that correct?

I am just trying to work out a clear scenario as I dont want my friend, who does not know the rules and Thailand very well, to get into any trouble with immigration.

I edited and added a final sentence.

If the Immigration office is Chang Wattana they never ask for a TM30 to be filed.

6 minutes ago, Sexbomb said:

Is that correct?

Yes and a copy of her ID card.

3 hours ago, dentonian said:

Yes and a copy of her ID card.

Thanks for very clear answers.

To be honest, I think that the Thai lady has a farang boyfriend who owns the actual condo working long months abroad and that she is registered in the blue book as such and hence there wont be any rental agreement in place.

I am not making any moral judgements although I have vented the many possible traps but love is blind as they say.

5 hours ago, eisfeld said:

And now that you know that you have to report to immigration, I'm sure you'll be glad to hear that you'll also have to report to the local police station :)

Why? There is no requirement to report to both.

5 hours ago, eisfeld said:

And now that you know that you have to report to immigration, I'm sure you'll be glad to hear that you'll also have to report to the local police station :)

That would be the least peroblem. The local police chief was my neighbor when I moved in my current house. When they had to move on, they leftt even their dog behind, as she lliked to stay with me. In fact his wife was watering our garden the last 3 weeks when we were away.

It's the local immigration chief, she's bitchy like hell.

12 hours ago, dentonian said:

Why? There is no requirement to report to both.

Really? Let me quote

Section 37 from the Immigration Act:

Section 37 : An alien having received a temporary entry permit into the Kingdom must comply with the

following :

3. Shall notify the police official of the local police station where such alien resides, within twenty

– four hours from the time of arrival. In the case of change in residence in which new residence is not

located the same area with the former police stations , such alien must notify the police official of the

police station for that area within twenty – four hours from the time of arrival.

4. If the alien travels to any province and will stay there longer than twenty – four hours , such

alien must notify the police official of the police station for that area within forty – eight hours from the time

of arrival.

Note that the reporting to Immigration is seperate from that and is required by Section 38.

Real world experience: I have visited someone in another province and police that saw me in a restaurant asked me why I didn't report to them that I was there. They used to not enforce this rule but times are changing.

14 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Really? Let me quote

Section 37 from the Immigration Act:

Note that the reporting to Immigration is seperate from that and is required by Section 38.

Real world experience: I have visited someone in another province and police that saw me in a restaurant asked me why I didn't report to them that I was there. They used to not enforce this rule but times are changing.

This thread has nothing to do with section 37, so why quote it and confuse the topic.

If you read the opening post and replies you'd know it's specifically about the requirement of the house master to file a TM30 under section 38.

Edited by dentonian

6 hours ago, dentonian said:

This thread has nothing to do with section 37, so why quote it and confuse the topic.

If you read the opening post and replies you'd know it's specifically about the requirement of the house master to file a TM30 under section 38.

I posted it because many people are not aware of it and the requirement of reporting your presence to A is very similar to a requirement of reporting your presence to B. Do you see the relation?

And you said there is no such requirement, you were plain wrong.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eisfeld said:

I posted it because many people are not aware of it and the requirement of reporting your presence to A is very similar to a requirement of reporting your presence to B. Do you see the relation?

And you said there is no such requirement, you were plain wrong.

There is no such requirement as you stated under Section 38, which is the topic at hand.

There is no similarity between sections 37 and 38.

One is the responsibility of the alien to report his address and any subsequent changes to it, as well as 90 day reporting.

The other is the responsibility of reporting the arrival of an alien by  a business or private resident.

6 minutes ago, dentonian said:

There is no such requirement as you stated under Section 38, which is the topic at hand.

There is no similarity between sections 37 and 38.

One is the responsibility of the alien to report his address and any subsequent changes to it, as well as 90 day reporting.

The other is the responsibility of reporting the arrival of an alien by  a business or private resident.

Doesn't matter under which section the requirement is, the requirement exists and that's what matters.

The topic is not about section 38, it's about the need for a condo owner to report to immigration within 24h of arrival and I pointed at that there's an additional not so well known requirement to report to the local police station. The condo owner has to report to both places according to the law. Once as the condo owner (TM30, section 38) and once as the foreigner (section 37).

If you can't see the similarity between sections 37 and 38 then well... can't help you with that I guess :)

PS: the reporting requirement can also be for a private non-resident. Residency doesn't matter, it just matters who the house-master or -owner is.

Got lost again :)

As tourist, renting a condo, do i have or not to report to immigration ???

It's for the owner to do it i guess no ?

Otherwise well any TOURIST should worrie about that, not to mention AirB&B users, but even for hotel in case hotel forget to do the report ???

That would be interesting to clarify. If tourist have to report within 24h for each new location, well bye bye the millions of tourists in Thailand... Or thousand queuing at immigration lol... Would be a total non-sense no ?