Pap Secret: Thai hospital gives masks to women embarrassed about getting Pap smear

webfact

Pap Secret: Thai hospital gives masks to women embarrassed about getting Pap smear

By Coconuts Bangkok 

tip.jpg

Photo: TipcableTV

KAMPHAENG PHET: -- The women who received a free Pap smear test at a hospital in Kamphaeng Phet province last week didn’t need to feel embarrassed about getting an absolutely normal medical check, because they could hide behind creepy green masks.

This head-scratching initiative, called “The Mask Pap Smear,” was started by Sa Kaew sub-district office and the Nong Krot Hospital, to decrease the awkwardness between the doctors and patients who are shy about getting a gynecological exam.

The project was targeted at women aged 30-70.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/pap-secret-thai-hospital-gives-masks-women-embarrassed-getting-pap-smear/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-05-08

Just now, simoh1490 said:

If it works, brilliant.

Absolutely, if even one lady who wouldn't have gone without the mask is diagnosed then it's a successful initiative.

12 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Thonglor police should also use this when they force men to pee in a cup on the sidewalk.

On the police or their victim? (or both)

And this makes them feel LESS embarrassed then a person simply monitoring their health

:wai:

Also i almost bought one of those masks to walk around and ride my bike to scare thais

50 bt....can wear when im biking and the massage ladies cat call to me every..damn..day

My God! What next?

Why should ladies, or anyone come to that, feel or be made to feel embarrassed when being medically examined by professional, namely medical staff.

We are living in the 21st century!

In my opinion, silly, Superstitions have a big part to play in this kind of conduct.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

My God! What next?

Why should ladies, or anyone come to that, feel or be made to feel embarrassed when being medically examined by professional, namely medical staff.

In my opinion, silly, Superstitions have a big part to play in this kind of conduct.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Yes, my point exactly, what is putting off these females getting a pap smear test. All the latest equipment is used.Maulbirne_Choke_pear-IMG_4936-4.jpg

13 hours ago, pentap said:

Seems that you do not know women very well... across the globe millions of women do not let anyone, Doctor included, look or touch their privates....

praise the innovative solution and keep your sexism up your sleeve!!

11 minutes ago, wirat69 said:

Seems that you do not know women very well... across the globe millions of women do not let anyone, Doctor included, look or touch their privates....

praise the innovative solution and keep your sexism up your sleeve!!

Sadly both of you are right......

..because they could hide behind creepy green masks.

Nice idea, but maybe go a little further and give them all green hospital gowns to wear, because everyone in that locality knows that old Mrs Chaiprasit in the front row loves to wear that flowery white and black dress.

And I see that old tranny Somchai is wearing his favorite red check shirt and green skirt in the back row :)

yep, better off dying from a preventable disease than getting embarrassed by having a simple test done by a doctor, strange that women in other countries have it done a regular basis without having to wear a mask, really have to wonder at the mindset/way of thinking of some people

On Monday, May 08, 2017 at 1:54 PM, Crossy said:

Absolutely, if even one lady who wouldn't have gone without the mask is diagnosed then it's a successful initiative.

Definately a good idea.

In our small district most woman don't go cos their know everyone at the hospital and they are embarrassed.

You.wouldn't think women would be embarrassed by a pap smear especially after having a baby were all is exposed.

Had my tf get one. Told her my cousins wife died of cancer because she never got one. Very preventable with a simple test. I had a full medical before I came to Thailand and my funny Irish doctor checked my prostate with the finger test and as he doing it he said "welcome to thailand ". I have since have had medicals here and they use the psa method from the blood test.